Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Alpine IVA-W200

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 04:18 AM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
sorry for the lateness been pretty busy. Here you go.
Alpine IVA-W200-dscn3325.jpg

Alpine IVA-W200-dscn3333.jpg

Alpine IVA-W200-dscn3328.jpg

Old 04-22-2006, 04:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
namrock, can the background image be changed?

Old 04-22-2006, 09:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
yea it can. you can download them from alpines webpage. you can have two different ones at the most and you can have the option of having them switch back and forth everytime you turn the deck on.

Old 04-23-2006, 01:56 AM
Any experience w/ JVC KW-AVX706?

I was looking this model as well, but also came across the JVC KW-AVX706 which seems to run quite a bit cheaper for a Double-din DVD. Anyone have experience with this one?

Old 04-23-2006, 08:44 AM
Received 384 Likes on 196 Posts
From my understanding, the Alpine will allow you the most sound control of a DD DVD player, with its built in adjustable crossovers, time delay, etc....
I was leaning towards the Pioneer Z-1, since its an all-inclusive deal with navi, but I really love the processing power of my Alpine CDA-9815, and the W200 has even more processing capabilities than that...

Yea, so all in all with Navi it will cost slightly more, but at least I can build the Alpine system, starting with just the HU, then adding navi later....

Old 06-17-2006, 04:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To use the time correction, equalizers, crossovers, etc with the alpine you must buy the PXA-H701.

Old 01-06-2007, 07:54 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to bring back an old thread but I hate starting new ones for similar topics.

Does anyone have any pics of this head unit in an '03 or '04? The pics of the '06 have it sitting nice and flush but my '03 is far from flush.

Thanks,

Old 01-07-2007, 09:30 AM
Play with the different mounting options. I got mine to sit flush no problem.

I used only 1 hole on each side for mounting. If you look at each side of your IVA, there's an M with a T engraved on the unit near some mounting holes. When you place the IVA in the bracket the back edge of the bracket will come to the edge of the M and the T, but not cover them up. You should see which threaded mounting hole I used with the bracket in this position.

Also, play with the spacing by adding shims between the top and bottom of the IVA and the bracket so the IVA is centered in the double din opening. I'll try to shoot some pics today of my install.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
Thanks!

I'm good top to bottom but I'm sticking out close to 1/2 an inch. I thought it might have been normal due to the amount of clearance behind the unit. I barely got it back in due to all of the wires and harnesses back there.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Originally Posted by aorbeta
Play with the different mounting options. I got mine to sit flush no problem.

I used only 1 hole on each side for mounting. If you look at each side of your IVA, there's an M with a T engraved on the unit near some mounting holes. When you place the IVA in the bracket the back edge of the bracket will come to the edge of the M and the T, but not cover them up. You should see which threaded mounting hole I used with the bracket in this position.

Also, play with the spacing by adding shims between the top and bottom of the IVA and the bracket so the IVA is centered in the double din opening. I'll try to shoot some pics today of my install.

did you buy a bracket or did you use the stock one?

Old 01-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
Thanks!

I'm good top to bottom but I'm sticking out close to 1/2 an inch. I thought it might have been normal due to the amount of clearance behind the unit. I barely got it back in due to all of the wires and harnesses back there.
No problem. It took a little effort for me to get everything back in as well. I installed the SWI-ALP too. It works but is not as responsive as I'd like. My TR7 hasn't come in the mail yet but I left the wiring(hand brake, parking brake, power, etc.) available so I can plug it in. Also did the Ipod cable.

Old 01-07-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally Posted by srmfball
did you buy a bracket or did you use the stock one?
Replied in your other thread. I used my existing bracket, no need to buy a new one. Make sure to have all the proper harnesses, wiring, etc. before your install.

Old 01-07-2007, 02:08 PM
Pics of the head unit installed on my 03.

Attached Thumbnails Alpine IVA-W200-dash-front-left.jpg   Alpine IVA-W200-dash-right.jpg  
Old 01-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Yaaaah Yaah Trick!!
Question

Originally Posted by aorbeta
Pics of the head unit installed on my 03.
Deezam!! That looks sweet. My boy has that same unit in his Mazda, but he has it wired with this lil yellow wire he has to touch to the cig lighter metal trim to make the dvd play without having the e-brake up. Kinda funny.... Anyway is the a better cleaner way to bypass that? I was going to go with the Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD. How do these two compare? My main concern is which functions with an iPod better, but I also kinda favor the 6 disc changer feature on the Pioneer. Insight anyone?

Also I'm assuming you can not use the PAC SWI-PS Steering Wheel Audio Control Interface with the Alpine right?

Last edited by Infinite_R; 01-07-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 01-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Originally Posted by Infinite_R
Deezam!! That looks sweet. My boy has that same unit in his Mazda, but he has it wired with this lil yellow wire he has to touch to the cig lighter metal trim to make the dvd play without having the e-brake up. Kinda funny.... Anyway is the a better cleaner way to bypass that? I was going to go with the Pioneer AVH-P6800DVD. How do these two compare? My main concern is which functions with an iPod better, but I also kinda favor the 6 disc changer feature on the Pioneer. Insight anyone?
The PAC TR-7 video bypass will eliminate the need to do the parking brake/foot brake bypass. I have read the Alpine has the fastest Ipod interface out there. Seems pretty quick to me. I wanted a unit that would interface my Ipod quickly and easily so no need for the 6-disc changer for me. The Pioneer does have a larger screen, 7" compared to the 6.5" for the Alpine. My local Tweeter gave me a deal on the Alpine so I couldn't pass it up.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alpine IVA-W200