Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

Alpine IVA-W200

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 04:57 PM
Yaaaah Yaah Trick!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is the PAC TR-7 something you buy seperate? No simple grounding out the brake wire like I did my last Kenwood? Yeah that 7' Screen makes it hard for me to decide. You have a point on the 6 disc changer. I would even need that feature anymore.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Infinite_R
Is the PAC TR-7 something you buy seperate? No simple grounding out the brake wire like I did my last Kenwood? Yeah that 7' Screen makes it hard for me to decide. You have a point on the 6 disc changer. I would even need that feature anymore.
Yup the TR-7 is a separate box. You can't ground the parking brake with Alpines. You can find the TR-7 on ebay pretty easily.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:25 PM
Yaaaah Yaah Trick!!
Thanks Man you just help me make up my mind. I guess I can do w/o steering wheel controls as long as I have a remote in hand.

Old 01-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
The ipod interface is great. Puts all the info on the screen and browsing and searching are very easy.

Thanks for the pics. Mine is no where near that flush. I guess I'll be ripping my dash apart again. I also have the TR-7 and SWI-ALP to install still.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:43 PM
Yaaaah Yaah Trick!!
Question Sorry

Sorry to bump this back up, but I didn't wanna start a new thread on something thats been talked about already.

My question is for owners or users of the Alpine W200. I've been messing around with my friends in his Mazda and I'm pleased with the iPod functions.
My only other question is.... does this unit have the ability to lets say "play music and have navi on" or "Music & Video Game" or Music playing while DVD plays (muzic through iPod of course). This was a feature my Anniver Kenwood had and I loved it. I would sort of use a dvd playing as a "live background" if you will or my boy would play PS2 while I drove and listened to music. If not I may just go with the 7" Kenwood.....

Can anyone confirm this?

Old 01-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
You can play music through the ipod or radio while a dvd is playing on the rear monitor(s) and listen to it through headphones.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:56 AM
Yaaaah Yaah Trick!!
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
You can play music through the ipod or radio while a dvd is playing on the rear monitor(s) and listen to it through headphones.
I read that same thing about the Kenwood, but I was able to play DVD's or TV on my HU Screen while listening to the iPod play. I guess the video and audio source was seperate.

So with the Alpine this only works like that for rear screens if you have them?

Also w/ the alpine what is the purpose of that visual button. Is it just to make the screen blank for security reason?

Old 01-21-2007, 12:35 PM
Originally Posted by Infinite_R
I read that same thing about the Kenwood, but I was able to play DVD's or TV on my HU Screen while listening to the iPod play. I guess the video and audio source was seperate.

So with the Alpine this only works like that for rear screens if you have them?

Also w/ the alpine what is the purpose of that visual button. Is it just to make the screen blank for security reason?
I am not sure about the IVA-W200, but on my IVA-D310 I could listen to radio and watch a DVD on the HU screen. I should be recieving my W200 next week and will confirm your question about audio/video. The W200 and D310 have the same interface, so not sure why this would be any different. And yes, the visual button has to do with what source is showing on the HU screen. I know one thing about the Kenwood's, you can play two different audio sources over your actual car speakers. You can have the radio playing on the front speakers and a dvd playing on the rear speakers. It was nice at first, but you can always hear the other source playing.

Last edited by BacaraG35; 01-21-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:14 PM
Yaaaah Yaah Trick!!
Brake Bypass... lol

My boy somehow created his own brake/video bypass. He takes this long yellow wire that goes up behind his dash and he does the lil ritual where he shkes his head, taps his dash, then taps the brake, then taps the O-ring to the Cig lighter and presto (order may vary)!! He can drive with dvd.... lol. Serious!!

Old 01-21-2007, 04:33 PM
Deep Sea Moderator
So he has the money to buy a $1000 head unit but he's too cheap to buy a $50 bypass and would rather do a NASA-like "pre-launch" ritual?

Old 01-21-2007, 04:47 PM
Yaaaah Yaah Trick!!
Originally Posted by Meatshackle
So he has the money to buy a $1000 head unit but he's too cheap to buy a $50 bypass and would rather do a NASA-like "pre-launch" ritual?

LMAO..... Well he and a friend did the install and I think neither one of them had the sense to look up info on how to bypass that feature. I guess he's content with his way now, because I mentioned the bypass cause i will be getting it and he doesn't seem to care about getting one.

Old 01-21-2007, 09:12 PM
I recall someone saying in this thread that it can't be purchased for much less than MSRP??? I ran a quick ebay search and found it for $715-750 from numerous sellers w/ warranty. Am i missing something?

Old 01-21-2007, 10:35 PM
Originally Posted by nalinc23
I recall someone saying in this thread that it can't be purchased for much less than MSRP??? I ran a quick ebay search and found it for $715-750 from numerous sellers w/ warranty. Am i missing something?
Here is a link to an auction from the seller that I use. He goes back and forth with the price. Sometimes he list for 700 and like mine for 650. http://cgi.ebay.com/ALPINE-IVA-W200-W200-DVD-MP3-CD-DOUBLE-DIN-TOUCH-NEW_W0QQitemZ140076090129QQihZ004QQcategoryZ39750QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Old 01-21-2007, 10:57 PM
Also....if our car currently has Sirius (that someone else is paying for=previous owner lol) can the IVA-W200 plug right into the antenna or does that cost extra???

Old 01-21-2007, 11:00 PM
Originally Posted by nalinc23
Also....if our car currently has Sirius (that someone else is paying for=previous owner lol) can the IVA-W200 plug right into the antenna or does that cost extra???
Factory Sirius, I would say no but may be possible. Sirius for aftermarket would be an additional module. If you wait for the IVA-W205 to be released I think in May, you can use the new adapter from Alpine that will allow you to control the portable units via the deck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Alpine IVA-W200