Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, or satellite radio

more problems now after the system installed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-12-2006, 11:02 PM
htn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
more problems now after the system installed

Might be having some additional problem. I've been having whining noise from my system. Now everything in the car seems to amplify. the clicking noise from the turn signal can be heard thru the speakers, don't really know how the heck this can happen, whenever the i turn the headlight on, it has a pretty noticable clicking sound........... sseems like everyting in my car is amplifing,,,,, Has anyone having the same problems??????? that can help me out

htn

Old 04-15-2006, 01:54 AM
htn
I really need some help from you guys. I had my radio replaced by the dealer because my had that CD ERROR F0 . and now the whole dash does not light up when i turn my head light on anymore, my tail light is not on when i turn head light on (although brake lights still work), please I really need some help

thanks

Old 04-15-2006, 01:55 AM
htn
i forgot to mention the light at the rear plate is gone also

Old 04-15-2006, 01:37 PM
Ok I'm confused. You said you had a system installed, but then said you had your radio replaced by the dealer. Is this an aftermarket system?

Assuming it is, the whine and noise you are experiencing often happen. One of the major causes for this is bad grounding. Make sure you have good grounds to the chassis of the car.

Sometimes people get alternator whine and things like that through their speakers. There are filters you can buy that go to your power wires. If the grounding doesn't fix it all, I suggest trying something like that.

However, none of us can really help you till we know what you have. If you have an aftermarket amp powering all of your speakers, that wiring for that amp could be the problem. More details please regarding your system, including the wiring used is needed.

Old 04-15-2006, 02:06 PM
bad ground

Old 04-15-2006, 02:07 PM
also if this is a stock HU replaced by the dealer Y not just take it back and tell them to fix it cuz they suck

Old 04-16-2006, 08:28 AM
htn
I have jl xr650 comp for front, jl vr650 cxi for rear, jl 300/4 and 500/1 pushing jl 10w3v2 in 4080 box, I used Stinger 4 gauge power cable for the system, the head unit is the stock bose. I had whining noise the whole time after i installed them. I've try different grounding points, check all my speaker wires and everything, but nothing seems to work. recently the head unit went bad, i brought it to the dealer and they replaced it under warranty. I just notice last week when i took my car for a ride in the evening, i found out the whole dash does not light up, the headlight works fine, stereo works fine, it just doen't light up?????? I am not sure if that has anything to do with the dealer changing out the head unit???

Originally Posted by Inno
Ok I'm confused. You said you had a system installed, but then said you had your radio replaced by the dealer. Is this an aftermarket system?

Assuming it is, the whine and noise you are experiencing often happen. One of the major causes for this is bad grounding. Make sure you have good grounds to the chassis of the car.

Sometimes people get alternator whine and things like that through their speakers. There are filters you can buy that go to your power wires. If the grounding doesn't fix it all, I suggest trying something like that.

However, none of us can really help you till we know what you have. If you have an aftermarket amp powering all of your speakers, that wiring for that amp could be the problem. More details please regarding your system, including the wiring used is needed.

Old 04-16-2006, 01:50 PM
Well everything was fine before they changed the head unit (other than noise), I'd say there is a problem with whatever they did.

Regarding your whine, could be a few things. Potentially you have alternator whine through the power wires to your amps. Make sure you have good grounds on your amps. You will have to eliminate things one by one. If it is potentially the head unit, then you could try an inline noise filter on the HU.

Old 04-16-2006, 10:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Your dash lights and tail lights all being off indicate a fuse. There is one fuse that controls all of those items. Don't remember exactly where it is, but just start checking your fuse panel. As far as the whine, it is definitely a grounding issue. How long is your grounding wire? Less than 18"? Where did you ground it? An existing bolt or did you create your own? Make sure all the paint is gone where you grounded. Make sure your power wires and speaker wires don't run parallel with eachother. Make sure you ground your amps at the same point. If worse comes to worse, you can always run your ground wire back to the battery terminal, eliminating any potential ground interference. (you will find that people have different opinions on this solution)

Old 04-16-2006, 11:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the fuse that is blow is labeled "METER". I blew this fuse when I was installing my Invisicord. None of my dash was lit up. Dunno about my taillights, but I know the headlights worked.

Old 04-17-2006, 01:41 PM
htn
I've just check all the fuse labeled "Meter", and it's still good, and i go ahead and check all the fuses just for the heck of it, and all the fuses are good, I probably have to bring it to dealer again

Old 04-17-2006, 01:43 PM
htn
Is there any more fuses in the car other than those under the driver side fuse box?

Old 04-17-2006, 01:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yes, there are more where the battery is located. I actually think that is where the fuse is for this problem.

Old 04-17-2006, 03:31 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^ + 1

Old 04-17-2006, 04:02 PM
alternator whine comes from interference in the signal or a bad ground try another pair of RCA's the ones from wally world will do as testers

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: more problems now after the system installed