My SPC A-Arm installation

Old 10-24-2006, 05:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aleok
^ no i didn't notice that, how much are you dropped? after installing my front camber look very good, but my back is still has a LOT of neg. camber.
I'm dropped F/1" R/.6" and when I installed both camber kits it raised the fronts and the rears although it raised the rears more. The fronts raised about .25" and the rear raised about half an inch. I felt the front drop of 1" was perfect and being raised .25" it still looks OK, but the rears was not lowered enough to start with and now adding another .50", I'm back to stock height. I'm back to square one.......

Old 10-24-2006, 12:02 PM
Guys, how long have you driven after the installation of the kit? It is normal for the vehicle to look higher after it has been on the lift and can take a few days to settle back to normal. Please PM me with the info so I can keep a log of this information.

Thanks.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by IAPDirect.com
Guys, how long have you driven after the installation of the kit? It is normal for the vehicle to look higher after it has been on the lift and can take a few days to settle back to normal. Please PM me with the info so I can keep a log of this information.

Thanks.
If I got an alignment after the install does that mean if the car does settle I will be out of alignment?

Mark

Old 10-24-2006, 12:47 PM
Another issue is when you install the spacers in the front, it takes up at least 5mm, so you need that much clearance to install the them.

Last edited by mark4x4; 10-24-2006 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 02:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Gilley

Edit: I found my alignment specs. We eyeballed the alignment after installing the SPC front A-arms and SPC rear camber arms and toe bolts.

Before alignment:
Camber: LF -0.3 RF -0.4 LR -1.8 RR -1.7
Toe: LF -0.09 RF -0.07 LR -0.47 RR +0.55

After alignment:
Camber: LF -0.4 RF -0.4 LR -1.3 RR -1.3
Toe: LF +0.05 RF +0.05 LR +0.10 RR +0.09

Thanks to my buddies from the Florida G35 Club who came to my house and helped with all the parts installation - Chuck, Ian, Shermie, Jose, Ryan, and my brother, Wade.
I'm very surprised you did not get better numbers with this kit. Especially with the camber. Is that the best your alignment shop could do? I hope SPC is not overstating their numbers.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:24 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mark4x4
Another issue is when you install the spacers in the front, it takes up at least 5mm, so you need that much clearance to install the them.
did u install the spacers? by clearance, are you saying u need to have the a-arm sit at the exact spot as the OEM arm?

Old 10-24-2006, 04:22 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
What should the alignment numbers be? I printed them out and gave a copy to the alignment shop. They didn't tell me that was the best they could do.

Old 10-24-2006, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by Aznteazer
did u install the spacers? by clearance, are you saying u need to have the a-arm sit at the exact spot as the OEM arm?
The spacer or shims go behind the wheel hub which pushes out the hub. If your setup (wheel/fender) is already tight with the addition of the spacer you will lose some clearance. Hope this clears things up.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:10 PM
^ i agree, how much are you dropped? any rubbing with those 245's in the front?

Old 10-24-2006, 11:41 PM
^ i agree, how much are you dropped? any rubbing with those 245's in the front?
I have no rubbing issues. I'm only dropped 1" and running 9" wheels with 30mm offset, I had plenty of room. Actually for me the spacers were a good thng because it gave me a more aggressive look.

Old 10-25-2006, 01:55 AM
Are these still available for purchase.

Question: Spacers that you are talking about are only for the front, right?
Does that bring out the wheel our a little?

Question 2: Can people chime in on how the quality is on these. I need a front camber kit and was planning on getting the rear as well.
Does the rear have an issues as far as spacers? I don't have any room for my wheels to come out more than they are now.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:35 AM
^ the quality is pretty good, however i'm not engineer. before i wasn't even aware of the spacers as a part of the kit, if i had known before i might have gone with the SPL kit instead. the spacers do make the wheel stick out maybe a 1/8 at inch. but you can just adjust the camber arms to counter that (for the top of the wheel). and unless you really need a lot of positive camber you won't even need the spacers. my concern is: will these fit on brembos? or BBK?

oh and no spacers for the rear, just arms and toe bolts.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:37 AM
Originally Posted by drunkin master
Are these still available for purchase.

Question: Spacers that you are talking about are only for the front, right?
Does that bring out the wheel our a little?

Question 2: Can people chime in on how the quality is on these. I need a front camber kit and was planning on getting the rear as well.
Does the rear have an issues as far as spacers? I don't have any room for my wheels to come out more than they are now.
Spacers are for the fronts. The reason you have alot of positive camber adjustment is that the spacer is thicker at the top approximately 2* difference top to bottom. I didn't measure the thickness of the spacer but it's about 5-7mm.

The rears use no spacers only camber arms and toe bolts. If you have alot of negative camber (top of the tire leaning in towards the body of the car) and you get an alignment to spec where the wheels would be straight up you could encounter clearance issues. Meaning that the top of the tire is pushed out toward the fender.

The alignment shop in my area is highly recommended by members not only on this forum but many others. He has installed the SPL's front camber kit and thinks they are also very good. After working with both and looking at how they work they both have their good and bad points but overall he prefers the SPC over the SPL. If clearance is an issue than SPL is the next best choice in his opinion.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:45 AM
^ the quality is pretty good, however i'm not engineer. before i wasn't even aware of the spacers as a part of the kit, if i had known before i might have gone with the SPL kit instead. the spacers do make the wheel stick out maybe a 1/8 at inch. but you can just adjust the camber arms to counter that (for the top of the wheel). and unless you really need a lot of positive camber you won't even need the spacers. my concern is: will these fit on brembos? or BBK?

oh and no spacers for the rear, just arms and toe bolts.
Since the spacers are behind the hub they won't interfere with BBK. The offset of your wheels is the concern for any BBK.

Old 10-25-2006, 08:05 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by mark4x4
Since the spacers are behind the hub they won't interfere with BBK. The offset of your wheels is the concern for any BBK.
That's right.

If you noticed from my pics, I have both the OEM Brembos and a 15.2 inch rotor, with no issues.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My SPC A-Arm installation