Dealership f*cked up my wheels.....!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 09:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey bro, sorry to hear that. I think you and I had a same wheels and check it out my thread. I had some kind of weird stain and I found the solution. I will post it on the forum after i recieve me digital camara.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=112099&page=2

Old 08-20-2006, 07:02 PM
Originally Posted by bobshuai
hey bro, sorry to hear that. I think you and I had a same wheels and check it out my thread. I had some kind of weird stain and I found the solution. I will post it on the forum after i recieve me digital camara.

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...=112099&page=2
Meguirs All Metal Polish huh? Hmmm......I'll try and give it a shot. Thanx

Old 08-22-2006, 04:46 AM
yeah you should try using some products out there because...
most of dealers dont give a crap about the cars in service.
it might be good idea to service your car at the place where you know people.
good luck...

Old 08-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by JDM 350GT
yeah you should try using some products out there because...
most of dealers dont give a crap about the cars in service.
it might be good idea to service your car at the place where you know people.
good luck...
yeah i'm gonna switch dealerships after all this is said and done. they're five minutes from my job which was convenient but i can't deal with it anymore.

Old 08-22-2006, 08:54 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
ALWAYS request the pre-service vehicle inspection...they get that little form out that shows a diagram of all the body panels, wheels, etc.... and they mark if there's any existing imperfections/damages on the car... that way, when you get the car back, and do your own inspection, if there's anything damaged on the car, you have it all in writing that it was fine when you dropped it off.

also, take a piece of paper or an envelope and take a big @ss sharpie and write "PLEASE DO NOT WASH CAR" and put that in front of your guage cluster.... anyone who gets behind the wheel will not miss that. Also put the request in with the GM to not wash car, so they can put that request on the work order. If they wash the car after all that, and F*ck it up, they won't be able to make any excuses...

I do this everytime now...after the dam dealership curbed one of my brand new volks...

Old 08-22-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally Posted by DRAGMODE
ALWAYS request the pre-service vehicle inspection...they get that little form out that shows a diagram of all the body panels, wheels, etc.... and they mark if there's any existing imperfections/damages on the car... that way, when you get the car back, and do your own inspection, if there's anything damaged on the car, you have it all in writing that it was fine when you dropped it off.

also, take a piece of paper or an envelope and take a big @ss sharpie and write "PLEASE DO NOT WASH CAR" and put that in front of your guage cluster.... anyone who gets behind the wheel will not miss that. Also put the request in with the GM to not wash car, so they can put that request on the work order. If they wash the car after all that, and F*ck it up, they won't be able to make any excuses...

I do this everytime now...after the dam dealership curbed one of my brand new volks...
curbed one of them........that's almost worst than my situation!!!! sorry to hear about it.

Old 08-23-2006, 03:56 PM
final result:

i got my wheel locks key replaced but they aren't trying to budge with the wheels. they're trying to tell me whatever they used didn't ruin them. they said the whole wheel would have been ruined when i mentioned that when they were washed; whatever water and cleaner drained to the bottom of the lip, sat there and dried. there's also rainbow discoloration on the lip. yesterday i filed my complaint with infiniti corporate and they returned my call today saying there's nothing they can really do that it'd have to be something compromised between the dealership and i. i just told him that wasn't gonna happen because they don't wanna own up to their mistake and i don't even want to deal with them anymore. i e-mailed the guy and told my side of the story along with attaching pics of the damage.

To somewhat sum it all up (without geting into too much detail or dates)

-Go to dealership to test drive the car last year and have a horrible experience with the online sales guy
-Take car to dealership to get repaired (the start of all this)
-Car is fixed but has damage to wheels AND wheel locks is lost
-Call and speak to General Manager of dealership stating my problem and he quickly sends me to the Service Manager
-Talk to head of Consumer Relations and he mentions replacing or re-finishing the wheels. But writes my number down on a dollar bill (reeeeaaal responsible huh?)
-Wait a few days for his call......no call
-Leave message and a few days later he returns my call saying there not going to do anything about it basically clowning me.
-Go back to talk to the general manager (who was on vacation so i got the service manager again) a few days later with letter from Mackin Industries stating you only need soap and water to clean them and that whatever was used caused the damage.
- He was supposed to have a meeting with the service manager when he got back (a few days later) along with the head of Consumer Relations. Didn't call me back.
-I called and left messages a few days and they finally called me back yesterday to tell me my wheel locks key was in and that whatever they used on my wheels to clean them didn't cause the damage.

All in all......I'm pissed. Now I gotta figure a way to get my wheels cleaned.

Old 08-23-2006, 04:51 PM
you gotta get those refinished, it looks like the cleaning chemicals ate up the clear coat

Old 08-23-2006, 04:54 PM
Old 08-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by G_Spot

Sorry to hear this. Especially because it sounds exactly like my story. Please let us know what dealership this is because we like to avoid them if they are in our areas.

If you're in the LA area, I can show you the job that Tru Wheel did for me on my wheels after Metro Infiniti in Monrovia, CA, ruined mine. Yes I had to pay for it on my own but, I can finally stand looking at my wheels again.

Old 08-28-2006, 07:27 AM
Originally Posted by EvolutionGSR
Sorry to hear this. Especially because it sounds exactly like my story. Please let us know what dealership this is because we like to avoid them if they are in our areas.

If you're in the LA area, I can show you the job that Tru Wheel did for me on my wheels after Metro Infiniti in Monrovia, CA, ruined mine. Yes I had to pay for it on my own but, I can finally stand looking at my wheels again.
I'm in Pennsylvania so you don't have to worry about these guys.

Old 09-01-2006, 07:05 PM
Trendsetter
HELP! just left the dealership the same thing just happend to me......

Old 09-01-2006, 08:01 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm sorry, you shouldn't have left the dealership. That seems to be the common theme with all of us that this happend to. You need to let them know before you leave.

Old 09-02-2006, 12:12 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by G_Spot
final result:
whatever water and cleaner drained to the bottom of the lip, sat there and dried.
All in all......I'm pissed. Now I gotta figure a way to get my wheels cleaned.
I am just wondering whether or not having aftermarket wheels with no lip would prevent getting this kind of damage?

Attached Thumbnails Dealership f*cked up my wheels.....!-ntnsracing_1885_168398871.jpg  

Last edited by Texan1; 09-02-2006 at 12:16 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by Hugen35
HELP! just left the dealership the same thing just happend to me......
Take it back to them ASAP!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealership f*cked up my wheels.....!