Dealership f*cked up my wheels.....!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealership f*cked up my wheels.....!

Sorry but I also have this in two other forums.

I had my car serviced at the dealership last week (in which case the washed it after they were done) and while I was washing my car today, I noticed this stain on every wheel. It looks like it was draining from the wash and settled on the bottom of my wheel. They should be responsible for my wheels correct? This on top of the fact they lost the key for my lugs Here are a few pics:

here in the last one you can see a rainbow discoloration that's on all the wheels as well:

what should i do?

thanx for the help,
chris

Last edited by G_Spot; 07-29-2006 at 10:58 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:47 PM
go back to the dealership and talk to the GM immediately. they should be held responsible.

Old 07-29-2006, 07:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Only problem I see is that you said "Last week"!

Never....ever leave the lot without inspecting your car completely!!

It is now a week later.....that could have happened at the local car wash....
is what the dealer is going to say.....

Sorry

I had the same thing happen but I made a point of making them look my car over when I dropped it off....and then pointed it out when I picked it up. I had told them DO NOT wash my car.
I had them dead to rights. They replaced my wheels.

Good luck.

Old 07-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Received 2,116 Likes on 1,768 Posts
That looks like a hard water stain. Have you tried just wiping it off? Polish?

Old 07-29-2006, 08:41 PM
Originally Posted by Texasscout
That looks like a hard water stain. Have you tried just wiping it off? Polish?
no because did you see the spotting and rainbow effect around the area. when i saw it at first when i picked the car up, i just figured it was just dirt and that it would wash off.

i hope i don't have to go to court for this.......

Old 07-29-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally Posted by G_Spot
no because did you see the spotting and rainbow effect around the area. when i saw it at first when i picked the car up, i just figured it was just dirt and that it would wash off.

i hope i don't have to go to court for this.......
If it ate into the wheel they must have used some kind of acidic or alkali wheel cleaner. Ugh!

Old 07-29-2006, 10:56 PM
If it ate into the wheel they must have used some kind of acidic or alkali wheel cleaner. Ugh!
yeah seriously. i hope they own up to it.

Old 07-29-2006, 10:57 PM
yeah seriously. i hope they own up to it.

this on top of the fact that they lost the key for my lugs. forgot to mention that little gem of input. i just added it to the initial post. so i had to order a new set of locking lugs. 5Zigen for $150.........

Old 08-04-2006, 01:28 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Which Dealer did this to you? Metro Infiniti in Monrovia, CA did this to me too. Except they ruined all four of mine. Took it back the next day and they wouldn't do anything for me. Their service Manager lied to me about a few things and wouldn't help me at all. I hope your dealer is more understanding.

Old 08-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Grocery getter

Received 189 Likes on 59 Posts
I don't think they are going to do anything about it but good luck when you go talk to them.

Old 08-04-2006, 07:42 AM
i spoke with the service manager and he didn't deny anything. he told me he was gonna ask the guy what he used to clean my wheels and mentioned replacing them and where i got them from. so hopefully i'll get them replaced. apparently they had done the same thing to somebody elses chrome wheels and they started chipping and they replaced them.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by G_Spot
i spoke with the service manager and he didn't deny anything. he told me he was gonna ask the guy what he used to clean my wheels and mentioned replacing them and where i got them from. so hopefully i'll get them replaced. apparently they had done the same thing to somebody elses chrome wheels and they started chipping and they replaced them.
Tell the dealer, I'll take them off their hands, for a highly discounted price of course!

Old 08-04-2006, 10:09 AM
Tell the dealer, I'll take them off their hands, for a highly discounted price of course!
but of course

Old 08-04-2006, 07:25 PM
if nething.. try something to illuminum polish.. u can probably remove the stains.. but this is more or less something u would do as a last resort..

Old 08-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i feel your pain, you cant trust anyone with your car these days, i had the dealer scratched up the hole around the lugnuts when changing my tires, all 4, sigh, had a body shop scratched my inside instrument panel, dont know how that happened, they also cracked my gas cap, and ghetto rigged it back on, and a car stereo shop totally **** up my install... broke various clips in my car, hooked up my amp wrong, ghetto rig all the speaker wires without terminating them, taped my crossovers to the damn door, drill a bunch of unnecessary holes into my car, they drilled a big *** hole thru my firewall to get the power cable from the battery into my car, sigh, so when it rains, all the water would puddle up inside my car! sigh, just bringing this back up in my head is starting to really **** me off at how people are with your car these days... it really disgusts me, and i hope you really get what you deserve. Whats this world coming to? What happened to treat other peoples stuff with care and respect?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Dealership f*cked up my wheels.....!