Air Suspension Questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
i have a couple questions.
i do not plan on buying these for the record. these questions are simply just to help other possible buyers.
i have also built several mini trucks setup with air ride suspension.

-what is the port size on the bag?

-you say the bag is not going to pop from just running air and that you would have to put an extreme amount of pressure to them. but what is the max psi?

-what ply are the bags?

i noticed that people are asking how these will make the car handle once installed.
the answer is. your car can handle great or like ****. it all depends on the way the installer sets it up. the closer you put the valve to the bag itself the better. the ride will be much better and more like stock. if the valves are further away from the bags the air has to much room to flucuate back and forth between the bag and valve inside the airline. sway bar is a must if you plan on having any control of a bagged car/truck. unless you plan on hitting sides (front side up right side down, vise versa) also. (not trying to hate on the op but) i dont care what the creator of the bag says. you will know that you are on bags and not stock suspension. also the more psi you have in the bag the stiffer the ride. the less psi you have in the bag the softer the ride.

if anyone has any questions about air ride and for some reason doesnt want to ask on here you can send me a pm. i also have some air ride parts that i need to get rid of that will work on a g35.

hope that helps you guys out some

Old 10-22-2009, 10:48 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
are there any issues with cold weather driving with bags?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:51 PM
depends. if you live somewhere that it gets to below freezing. then you can have problems. the valves will freeze shut. and then you have to take a hairdryer to them to thaw them out. OR you can but antisieze stuff that is specifcally for air tanks. you can get it at rest stops for big rigs. they put it in there air tanks since their brakes run off an air tank. other than that there is nothing that can really go wrong with cold wheather. the compressor shouldnt be anywhere that it can get water in the intake. but on a g or z i would put the compressor and tanks inside the trunk since thats really the only spot there is room for it

Old 10-23-2009, 12:51 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by got_3.2?
im so tempted to get them but gotta find an installer first.
In NJ call up kens hydro's - 908-413-3090

Originally Posted by blAk mAx
I saw pictures of a set up where the tank was mounted in the rear(covered by bumper). What would happen if he got rear ended? Would his car just drop to his lowest setting?
Personally i wouldn't suggest doing that, but the customer's opinion was if he was rear ended hard enough to damage the tank, that would be the least of his worries.

Originally Posted by O HELLA OEM
do you have a forsale thread on your airbag suspension?
We did have one on here, but i am guessing its gone. Forum discount on our system thats listed on our website at 2300 is 2150 shipped inside the cont. us.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:17 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by universalAirSus
Here at Universal Air Suspension we manufacture an air bags that slide over existing factory or aftermarket struts/coilovers to retain the cars handling.

I would like to open this thread up to any question/concerns anyone has about Air Suspension.
Can you explain how this works?

i want an air suspension but i also want my car to handle well with spirited and aggressive driving

Can you track a car thats on bags?

Old 10-23-2009, 05:34 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
+1 ^ i came across this thread and im highly interested in hearing this response. I put my car through its paces, i want to make sure your product can withstand my abuse.

Old 10-23-2009, 05:58 PM
how much will this be If your local and can pick up the item? aslo, how much will you install this kit?

Old 10-23-2009, 06:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Beebo
Can you explain how this works?

i want an air suspension but i also want my car to handle well with spirited and aggressive driving

Can you track a car thats on bags?
Basically because we are running a single convoluated air spring it will give you the highest spring rate available out of an air suspension. Couple that with the way the bag itself is built gives you a nice and firm ride. Then if you take it a step further and couple our bag with an adjustable damper will give you the ultimate in tuneability.

Here is some video's for you to check out.
http://www.universalairsuspension.co...DRIFTONAIR.wmv

http://www.universalairsuspension.com/bags.wmv

http://www.universalairsuspension.co...-Lowriders.wmv

Old 10-23-2009, 06:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by johannaccord1
how much will this be If your local and can pick up the item? aslo, how much will you install this kit?
We are in San Bernardino. If you pickup you will be saving $50. but, there is also tax if your in cali (9%)

Old 10-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 335 Likes on 187 Posts
Bump for a good system!

BTW if people are interested in more pics yu can check out my picture threads!

Old 10-23-2009, 07:20 PM
on the question of can you track a bagged car.

it really depends. ive been turned away from every track in nor cal. those were all drag strips though. as for actual tracks. i do not know. you would have to check with the nhra rules for your state i guess

i HIGHLY suggest getting the adjustable dampiner that zack is talking about. its a great product and will really help with the way your car drives/handles

if anyone is wondering. an aluminum tank is also a way better idea than a steel tank

Old 10-23-2009, 07:56 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
subscribed*

Old 10-23-2009, 08:04 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
So, its says that you can use your stock shocks. Is anything modified on the stock shock to make these fit? Also, how are the air lines ran to the bags? Any drilling involved?

Old 10-23-2009, 08:15 PM
if you watch the 3rd video he posted it shows that the bottom plate has to be notched to run the airline to the fitting on the bag.

the only drilling needed is drilling in the truck to run the airline from the tank to the bags. so you figure you have 4 quarter inch lines (i for each bag) so drill 1 hole about the size of a quarter and put a grommet in and stick the airline through

Old 10-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
I remember reading about condensation and draining the compressors in regards to air suspensions. Can't remember where I read it, but do you know anything about this? Something along the lines of the compressors causing condensation and that you need to drain it every so often.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Questions