View Poll Results: wat problems r u having?
installed spacers, have ABS, Slip, VDC lights on
18.01%
installed spacers, have knocking
4.35%
installed spacers, have both lights and knocking
3.73%
didn't install spacers, have no problem
24.84%
didn't install spacers, have one of the problems above
4.35%
didn't install the camber kit yet.
26.71%
installed spacers, no problem
18.01%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

SPC Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 06:56 PM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Aznteazer
wow i just heard the FIRST KNOCK TODAY! woohoo. can i change my selection on the poll?
so what's up with the new bracket and all?
can't really take this much longer......
wth....you never had the knocking noise?

Old 11-27-2006, 07:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep i only had the ABS problem until today when i heard some kinda metal hitting something and it didnt sound pretty.

this problem really needs to settle fast. it rained today and it was scary driving without VDC.

only a matter of time before someone gets wrecked and files a lawsuit w/SPC.

everyone agree?

Old 11-28-2006, 02:10 AM
yup i agree, they sure seem to be taking there sweet time with these new brackets, if thats the fix. anyone have the non-toll-free for IAP? i need to call peter, and ask him about it. or the number for SPC, doug?

Old 11-28-2006, 12:38 PM
Doug Hardy @ SPC
800 525 6505

Duno if it'll work in hawaii but try. Never got a reply from Peter when I pm'ed him.

Old 11-28-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by aleok
yup i agree, they sure seem to be taking there sweet time with these new brackets, if thats the fix. anyone have the non-toll-free for IAP? i need to call peter, and ask him about it. or the number for SPC, doug?
IAP # 407-672-0006 or 888-672-0066

I'll be calling SPC on Thursday to see what progress as been made, if nothing has been done I will then call Peter to let him know that I will not wait any longer. I will ask for a full refund with no restocking fee.

Can I request anybody that is interested in returning their camber kit to respond to this post and include your name. If we can return the kit as a group I believe we have a better chance of not paying the restocking fee. Also, those of you that have not installed your kits and believe that you have bought an inferior product I would suggest you might want to sign up.

1. Mark

Old 11-28-2006, 05:26 PM
MORE POWER PLZ!!!

I'll be calling SPC on Thursday to see what progress as been made, if nothing has been done I will then call Peter to let him know that I will not wait any longer. I will ask for a full refund with no restocking fee.

Can I request anybody that is interested in returning their camber kit to respond to this post and include your name. If we can return the kit as a group I believe we have a better chance of not paying the restocking fee. Also, those of you that have not installed your kits and believe that you have bought an inferior product I would suggest you might want to sign up.

1. Mark
2. Richard

Old 11-28-2006, 09:22 PM

1. Mark
2. Richard
3. Aznteazer - Yun

Old 11-28-2006, 10:25 PM

1. Mark
2. Richard
3. Aznteazer - Yun
4.aleok- Keola

Old 12-01-2006, 01:34 AM
We're going to find out how good customer service is with SPC and Peter at IAP? I will post the outcome of what happens when we try to return the SPC camber kit.

I would encourage anyone that as any issues or having second thought to sign up.

Old 12-01-2006, 06:59 PM
Ok, everyone I have some news from SPC.

First I will address the VDC, etc issue. It has been concluded that the issue is definitely related to the installation of the brackets. The locking nut provided was used to prevent the chance of the sensor backing off but in turn it is possible to twist the sensor bracket when it is torqued down Therefore, SPC has put together new installation instructions and hardware consisting of a standard nut with lock washer. This should keep this item from being twisted during installation and causing the lights to come on. If anyone is having this issue, please email me at peter@iapdirect.com with your latest shipping information and I will have SPC send out a replacement package for you. The package will include: Sensor brackets, new hardware and revised installation instructions.

When it comes to the knocking issue, SPC brought in a G35 and cycled the suspension as far as it would go with the weight of the vehicle on the suspension and could not reproduce the clearance issue. There were 1/2" - 1" of clearance all the way around the camber arm. In short, please email me directly at peter@iapdirect.com with your exact vehicle and modifications list so we can figure this one out. If images can be taken of your suspension and of the portion of the arm that is coming in contact with the vehicle, please include them as well. We will get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your patience, please don't hesitate to email me with any further questions or concerns.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:48 PM
hey guys i got my "new" brackets in today. and they look exactly the same, only difference is the nut, which is a regular nut, however, mine came with a regular washer, not a star locking one. i'll install them probably tomorrow.

Old 12-04-2006, 10:21 PM
damn even if mine comes in, my lost wheel lock key isnt here yet.....grrr.

Old 12-05-2006, 03:35 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
bump.
mine is still new in box, for about 2 months now... im just waiting to see the outcome, whether i should retrun and buy different one, or wait for that "bracket"

Old 12-05-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally Posted by aleok
hey guys i got my "new" brackets in today. and they look exactly the same, only difference is the nut, which is a regular nut, however, mine came with a regular washer, not a star locking one. i'll install them probably tomorrow.
That is correct as the problem wasn't the bracket but the locking nut. The nut with washer should eliminate the chance of the bracket getting bent (unless the installer just doesn't read the installation instructions). Updated installation instructions are also included with them.

Old 12-05-2006, 11:02 PM
OK, all i got to say it that, out of all the DIY mods i've done, i hated doing these frick spacers the most! oh and these new bracket WORK! i installed them today, being extra extra careful not to bend them, there probably not even tight enough right now.

anyways, i found an error in the instructions. it says to install the ABS sensor and then to reinstall the 4 hub bolts, but you can't get one of them because the sensor (already installed) is in the way. and if you don't see it you'll just bend the crap out of it, trying to get that hub bolt down. so i installed the ABS sensor practically last.

other then that i guess everything so far is ok. i've only driving around the block a couple times, so hopefully it will all check out.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC Poll