View Poll Results: wat problems r u having?
installed spacers, have ABS, Slip, VDC lights on
18.01%
installed spacers, have knocking
4.35%
installed spacers, have both lights and knocking
3.73%
didn't install spacers, have no problem
24.84%
didn't install spacers, have one of the problems above
4.35%
didn't install the camber kit yet.
26.71%
installed spacers, no problem
18.01%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

SPC Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ i wouldn't think so. and would not install them if not needed. it probably hurt performance.

Maybe you guys arn't dropped enough... i'm dropped about 3" and i don't have any unordinary knocking... time to slam em!

Old 12-19-2006, 10:11 PM
-2006 IP GT350-
^^ 3"? Dang...nice!

And you still be able to get the camber back to factory spec?

Old 12-19-2006, 10:40 PM
front looks good, back i don't know. didn't get alignment yet.

Old 12-29-2006, 11:24 PM
-2006 IP GT350-
I had my mechanic installed SPC front A-arms and rear camber arms today. I don't have any problem with the rear but the front. He didn't install spacers for me because I didn't want to deal with that ABS CEL plus my G wasn't that low.

After everything was done, I did some test drives. While I was driving, I noticed there was knocking sound coming from the front...I knew it must be front SPC front A-Arm as some of you experienced. After several minutes of driving, I could hear the sound getting a little louder so I headed back to the shop and talked to my mechanic about this. He said it might be that the top A-Arm hitting the inner fender area, so he took both front wheels off and put thin cray bars on top of SPC A-Arm. The reason we used cray bars was that if the top of SPC A-Arms really hit inner fender then they would leave some damage marks on the cray bars.

I tested drive once again around the block.

I came back to the shop, took the front wheels off, and took a look at those cray bars on both sides...but there were nothing...really nothing.
Those cray bars were in good shape as before. He told me that there was a great possibility of chance that SPC cheapo red bushing that came with the kit caused knocking sound, because the bushing didn't fit tight and seal against the L-shape arms to prevent the movements along the road as an OEM solid bushings did. He asked me what I wanted to do next. So, I had him installed my stock A-Arm back because I didn't want to hear that knocking sound over and over along the road. I thought I better fvcked up tires rather than suspension parts...so.

We wasted a lot of time and I lost a lot of money by installing SPC front A-Arms and then putting stockers back on. I'm paying bunch of money by purchasing this A-Arms and installation labor for nothing...Man I'm pissed.

I wish I didn't buy these front A-Arms at the first place but oh well it was already done.

Conclusion? Anyone wants to buy this SPC A-Arms for cheap ? lol

I'm going to contact SPC back to see if there's anything they can do.

JJ

PS - Hope you guys understand my English...lol ESL master is here!!!

Old 12-29-2006, 11:46 PM
-2006 IP GT350-
Oh and for those of you who have had problem with this front A-Arm...what did you do with them? Did you return and get a refund or something?

JJ

Old 12-30-2006, 12:28 AM
My installer is working with Doug and Charley at SPC to resolve the knocking issue. I had my car in the shop and we found the arms were hitting the inner fender, the area where the fender is welded together. The metal on both sides had some damage to them and the arms on both sides also shows scraping. The area on both arms is about halfway down the arm. My installer took many pictures and sent them to SPC. I talked to Peter at IAP and updated him on our progress.

I will give SPC a reasonable amount of time to come up with a fix otherwise if nothing is done soon I will get a refund. My hopes are that they find a fix although I will buy another camber kit if this is not resolved relatively quickly. It's very frustrating living with the knocking issue but I will give it a liitle more time and hope for a fix.

Last edited by mark4x4; 12-30-2006 at 12:31 AM.
Old 12-30-2006, 06:42 AM
How loud is the knocking? because i don't think i'm having this problem, and i'm dropped like 3". unless i'm deaf...

and in respones to JJ's post about the crappy red bushings. yea there very crappy i think, but Peter said that they're not suppose to be "air tight" there not compression joints, but only there to keep the grease there. when i installed my arms, i had desided to put 2 zip ties on the top side of the red boot. i can take pics if someone wants...

Old 01-02-2007, 09:10 AM
^For me it sounds like someone taking a casual swing with a ball ping hammer on the underside of the fender.

Sorry to hear that you joined the waste of money club, J-J. I'm going to wait a couple of weeks at the most for a fix then look at replacing the a arm with the 350evo arm. Gives me time to replace my ABS sensor.

I think I would have had more fun with the money I've spent so far by setting it on fire and watching it blow in the wind.

Old 01-02-2007, 06:35 PM
Florida G35 Club, General Member
Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by J-J
Oh and for those of you who have had problem with this front A-Arm...what did you do with them? Did you return and get a refund or something?

JJ
Still rolling with the knocking... I'm just waiting for the fix... will do the re-installation myself. Burns time, but saves money.

Originally Posted by Archangel
^For me it sounds like someone taking a casual swing with a ball ping hammer on the underside of the fender.

I think I would have had more fun with the money I've spent so far by setting it on fire and watching it blow in the wind.
He is right about the sound. It resonates through the entire car.
OH MY WORD! hahaha the wind! oh, wait a min, I'm in this problem too :-/

Adrian

Last edited by Jamaica2G; 01-02-2007 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Is there an update on this? My patience has run out.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:33 PM
Talked to Peter yesterday at IAP and he informed me that from the pictures from my installer and from the return of one of the camber kits SPC feels that they have a fix. Peter is supposed to call me today with the update and let me know what exactly what SPC is going to do.

I'll keep you guys posted as I find out.
Mark

Old 01-09-2007, 05:17 PM
Good to hear. Now I just hope the fix is palatable.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:36 PM
Update: I talked to Charley at SPC and Peter at IAP today. Charley being the lead engineer at SPC has redesigned the A arm to allow for more clearance. He feels very confident that this will fix the knocking issue. They will swap out the arms for anyone who's having the knocking issue at no charge although this will take about 3-4 weeks before completion of the arms.

For those that don't have any knocking there is no reason for the swap out, because not every car is manufactured with the exact same tolerances is the reason some of us are having the knocking issue. Also, we all have different aftermarket suspension parts that can impact the amount of clearance needed.

SPC promised that they will try to get the new arms done asap. Hopefully, in 3-4 weeks the new arms should be ready to ship and the knocking issue will be taken care of.

Any of you who haven't installed your camber kit I would go ahead and install them. If you do have a knocking issue at least you know that a fix is in the works.

I'll keep you all updated. You can PM me or email me at: markdks@sbcglobal.net

Mark

Old 01-10-2007, 11:31 AM
I don't mind waiting a few weeks at all if it means not having to purchase a new kit from another company. Glad to hear that it will be a new arm. I was afraid that they would just give us a larger bump stop which might have stoped the knocking but also shortened the suspension travel. Now, if I could only get my ABS sensors to work.

Old 01-10-2007, 02:09 PM
Originally Posted by Archangel
I don't mind waiting a few weeks at all if it means not having to purchase a new kit from another company. Glad to hear that it will be a new arm. I was afraid that they would just give us a larger bump stop which might have stoped the knocking but also shortened the suspension travel. Now, if I could only get my ABS sensors to work.
Is your bracket bent on your sensor? I never had the sensor issue although from talking to SPC they replaced any bent brackets and the lock nut with a washer and a nut to prevent the bracket from twisting resulting in it bending. The key is 2 fold 1. having it in the correct position and 2. making sure that it's very close to the hub to make sure it's able to pickup the magnetic signal.

If you are still having problems give Peter at IAP a call. I'm sure he will work something out with you, he's been very helpful and more than willing to do whatever to make things right.

Mark

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC Poll