View Poll Results: wat problems r u having?
installed spacers, have ABS, Slip, VDC lights on
18.01%
installed spacers, have knocking
4.35%
installed spacers, have both lights and knocking
3.73%
didn't install spacers, have no problem
24.84%
didn't install spacers, have one of the problems above
4.35%
didn't install the camber kit yet.
26.71%
installed spacers, no problem
18.01%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

SPC Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 08:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mark4x4
I continued to have the knocking issue with the revised arms. SPC assumed the arms would work and had 50 arms in production. A rep from SPC and I met today and went to my installer (Auto Innovations) who also been working with SPC. Working together using a grinder and clay we could tell exactly where the arms were hitting. Bottom line is I firmly believe the next redesign will definitely work, creating a high quality arm while giving much more clearance. SPC is hoping for a time frame of 2-3 weeks for completion of the new arms.

I can truly say that SPC is working very hard to get the arms perfect and in production asap.

Mark
Mark,

Thanks for your help and dedication to getting this product ironed out. Sometimes it is difficult to forsee certain issues with products until the installation takes place. Thanks for keeping this post updated, I will continue to post as we receive information as well.

Peter
-Import Auto Performance

Old 02-12-2007, 11:47 AM
so i just installed the arms a few days ago but I just recently noticed that my passenger side camber is SUPER negative.

I'm dropped on Tein Type CS and I previously had the Cuscos but I never would have thought that the camber would be even MORE negative. I only installed the arms and not the spacers as I didn't have time to take apart the brake assembly.

Is there a reason why my camber is more negative on my passenger side vs driver side? I have an even drop so that rules out that case. I do remember when I was installing the arms I had a difficult time getting the cotter pin into the threaded shaft of the A-arm. I kept trying to screw the 17mm nut even higher to give more clearance to the cotter pin hole. You guys think this might be the issue on the passenger side?

Thanks fellas =)

Old 02-17-2007, 03:13 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i would like to hear updates... ive bought my arms before it came out and still havnt installed it... the problem is, i dont want to intstall it, align it and have problems with the knocking and CEL/ABS lights like some of you said. what kind of compensation is peter giving? i sorta want a refund, cuz im sure mines gonna act up.

Old 02-17-2007, 03:56 AM
how are u so sure?

Old 02-17-2007, 04:43 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperShick
how are u so sure?
well, just in the past two weeks ago, i purchased new ps2 tires... then that same day i got a nail in the sidewall. my spare was flat...then i got a ticket for my blacked out tail-lamp... then i was being DD and my chick friend threw up in my car... im not here to bitch about my ****ty life for the past two weeks, but u asked. with my luck, the arms will fall apart and i'll crash and die.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:50 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You can't tell if your car will have a problem until you install them. Apparently, some cars are slightly different. It's possible that the issue could be related to spring choice too, but I dunno.

Old 02-17-2007, 07:59 PM
UPDATE: Hopefully, I will have some info shortly. I do know SPC is considering all options although I will post any info once they are finalized.

SPC knows that this issue is car specific depending on your setup although it's an issue that needs to be resolved. The assumption is if you are not slammed and running springs with high spring rates you would have a better chance of not having this issue. Progressive would be preferable over linear springs yet the most important aspect is having a high spring rate, this would help limit some of the travel of the arms.

The original arms were hitting in the middle of the arm. SPC redesigned the angle of the arm creating more clearance, this resulted in the arms ability to more upwards farther which made them hit at the end of the arms. SPC assumed that the stock bump stop would stop the arm before the arms would hit. What they found was in combination of the stock bump stop not being firm enough and the slope of the fender was enough to cause the knocking again.

Again, has info filters in I will post the results. SPC is dedicated in producing the best arm possible without any issues.

Mark

Last edited by mark4x4; 02-17-2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 10:17 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NO DIC3
well, just in the past two weeks ago, i purchased new ps2 tires... then that same day i got a nail in the sidewall. my spare was flat...then i got a ticket for my blacked out tail-lamp... then i was being DD and my chick friend threw up in my car... im not here to bitch about my ****ty life for the past two weeks, but u asked. with my luck, the arms will fall apart and i'll crash and die.
lol...

Old 02-23-2007, 01:14 AM
UPDATE: SPC is working on the needed changes to the arms so there will be no issues. As R&D continues it may be necessary to design an arm that will have less positive camber than the 3.5* although they should be able to offer at least 2* or more. SPC still will offer the most positive camber without any clearance issues. They still may be able to offer 3.5*, the reduced camber is only an option if they are unable to get the clearance needed.

SPC and Peter at IAP wanted to thank everyone for their patience and understanding. Their objective is to have the best arm at the most competitive price without any issues. SPC learned from their past mistake not to rush into production without first making sure that everything is perfect.

Mark

Last edited by mark4x4; 02-23-2007 at 03:45 AM.
Old 02-23-2007, 01:22 AM
^ do you know if these arms would us shims?

Old 02-23-2007, 03:51 AM
^ The use of the spacers would be optional although by using them it would give you the most positive camber adjustability.

Mark

Old 02-23-2007, 03:53 AM
i haven't installed my kit yet. what are my options?

Old 02-23-2007, 04:52 AM
^ The knocking issue is car specific so it's different for each car. Depending on your setup you may or may not have an issue. Again, if you are not dropped more than an 1" and have the equivalent of the coupe sport suspension spring rate or higher, you may not have the problem. That's a decision you will have to make.

Your options are:
1. Install the kit, if you do have an issue and if you bought the kit from Peter at IAP you can return the kit for a full refund or exchange them for the revised arms. SPC is backing the arms so where ever you bought it you should be able to return the arms. The refund must come from where you bought the arms and not from SPC.

2. Return the arms for a refund

There are not many options for G's when it comes to front camber arms. 350EVO's gives you 1* of positive camber with no caster adjustability at $850, Stillen's around the same price with less positive camber, Cusco's .5* positive at $400, SPL's advertises 3* although you won't get more than .5*-1* at $500 without having clearance issues. Kenetix's arms are breaking so I personally would not buy them.

Currently, the 350EVO's are the best arms available IMO, but at $850 plus shipping and only 1* of positive camber and no caster adjustment it's pretty pricey. I firmly believe that if SPC can work things out they will have a quality arm with the most adjustability at a very competitive price. I've used their other camber kits on other cars and they always are excellent quality along with reasonable pricing and a company that backs their product.

Mark

Old 02-27-2007, 09:56 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i hope they come out with a perfect product very soon.

Old 03-03-2007, 01:23 AM
mark...who at auto innovations is helping you with the install? orlando?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC Poll