View Poll Results: wat problems r u having?
installed spacers, have ABS, Slip, VDC lights on
18.01%
installed spacers, have knocking
4.35%
installed spacers, have both lights and knocking
3.73%
didn't install spacers, have no problem
24.84%
didn't install spacers, have one of the problems above
4.35%
didn't install the camber kit yet.
26.71%
installed spacers, no problem
18.01%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

SPC Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Thats what I thought, from my understanding, the only issue still with the arms is clearance issues in the fenders and the arms actually bottoming out, correct?
Yes, that is the issue SPC is working on currently. As for the ABS light issue, the issue was the locking nut that attached the sensor to the bracket was a self locking nut that was hard to attach. In this, it was possible to bend the bracket during installation. Therefore, SPC changed the nut that attaches the sensor to the bracket and this solved the issue. I only know of one customer that it didn't fix the issue for.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeaaa got my F&R SPC camber kits from IAP today. Hope the installation goes smoothly on my 03.5 Sedan.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:58 PM
^^^you should be fine...so far no issues with sedans, only with some of the coupes. good luck.

Old 04-06-2007, 09:06 AM
Why is it taking so long just to get an update?

Old 04-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Update: I've installed the new arms and wanted to make sure of my results so I apologize for the delay.

I have some good news and some bad news. First the bad, I still have the knocking issue although it's not as frequent and as dramatic. I'm running the G application Swift springs and they have a very soft spring rate (the softest spring rate available for the G) and that's the reason SPC wanted to work with me. With the soft spring rate along with the high velocity bumps the springs allowed for more camber arm upward movement therefore, the knocking issue. SPC felt if they could solve the problem on my car they had the problem solved.

The good news is that for the mass majority the camber kit should work depending on your spring rate. After talking to Ben (CEO) of SPC, the recommendation is for anyone that has a concern is to talk with Peter at IAP and discuss your setup and he can advise you whether your arms would work or you would need to exchange them for the new revised arms at no charge. If the knocking does happen they can supply you with spacers that will get stalled with your bump stop which would definitely solve the problem.

Mark

Old 05-27-2007, 10:37 AM
I just installed front and rear camber kit yesterday. VDC, SLIP, ABS lights all on. Some knocking sounds when driving. Rolling on Tokico DSP-7 and Tanabe DF210 springs. Please help advise. Thanks in advance.

Old 05-27-2007, 01:31 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by Tru-G
I just installed front and rear camber kit yesterday. VDC, SLIP, ABS lights all on. Some knocking sounds when driving. Rolling on Tokico DSP-7 and Tanabe DF210 springs. Please help advise. Thanks in advance.
do you have the revised versions or the older ones?

i will be installing mine on tuesday. will report.

Old 05-27-2007, 05:22 PM
Yes, do you have the revised arms? The orginal sensor had a screw with a combination locking nut, therefore when torqueing down the sensor it would bend the arm on the sensor. SPC corrected this problem with a separate washer and nut also during installation you must make sure it's in the proper position because the sensor has to pickup the magnetic signal from the sending unit. The sensor issue should be not be a problem to solve although the knocking issue is completely different. I had the original, the 1st, and final revised arms and I could not get them to work although the final revised arms was the best.

I went with the 350EVO arms although they are pricey, they are excellent. I now have no knocking issue but because they are much lighter, and with the lighter unsprung weight the benefits are better handling, braking, and ride. For the money if you can get the SPC's to work they are a good bang for the buck but they are not in the same class as the EVO's

If you can't get the knocking issue resolved SPC is excellent in backing their product and will work with you and if ultimately you want a refund I'm sure they will acommodate you.

Mark

Old 05-28-2007, 10:05 AM
Too be honest I am not sure if I have the revised version or not. I bought them from THMotorsports this month. I don't really hear knocking when I am driving normally. I hear noises usually on larger bumps on the road. As far as the sensor is concerned. I am not sure what happened because I had a shop install it. They say that the sensor is where it is suppose to me and they used the spacers that came with the kit. They said that I need to go to the dealership to have the computer reset. Is this true or is this something that I can fix myself?

Old 05-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had the spacers removed and just used the A-arms by itself.

Old 05-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Too be honest I am not sure if I have the revised version or not. I bought them from THMotorsports this month. I don't really hear knocking when I am driving normally. I hear noises usually on larger bumps on the road. As far as the sensor is concerned. I am not sure what happened because I had a shop install it. They say that the sensor is where it is suppose to me and they used the spacers that came with the kit. They said that I need to go to the dealership to have the computer reset. Is this true or is this something that I can fix myself?
I think it's critical that you find out which version you have. The 2 types of bumps that create the biggest issues are the large and the high velocity bumps. The latest revision arm could fix the kocking issue if you have the original arms installed.

There is no need for the computers to be reset, if you think about it, nothing about the sensor has been changed only the location. The spacers adds 2* degrees of positive camber and the arms adds 1* which gives a total of 3*. If 1* can get back into spec you can go without the spacers although the spacers will give alot more flexability if you change your setup. SPC allowed me to keep their spacers and the 350EVO's get 1* of positive camber although with the spacer, I get a full 3*.

Peter at IAP who his an authorized SPC dealer took care of many of our forum members who bought from him although, I know nothing about THMotorsports. With THMotorsports telling you that the computer has to be reset I'm not to sure how much they know about these arms or they are just trying to pass the buck? If they won't resolve the issues, I would contact SPC directly since they know the problems with these arms and see if they would be willing to help you.

Mark

Old 05-28-2007, 06:36 PM
ooh oh, i think i'm experiancing the knocking, i wasn't aware that the knock was over the large and the high velocity bumps or dips. i thought people were just driving around nomally, and getting knocking noise... i figured i was just too low. i actually raised it up the other day, and still get the knocking. its been 6 months, of driving with them. i wonder if anything can be done..

Old 05-28-2007, 09:05 PM
^ Do you have the revised arms?

Old 05-29-2007, 12:00 AM
no, but i have the resived brackets.

Old 05-29-2007, 12:31 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
oh great. i hope i don't have any problems (installing them tomorrow).

hopefully the basics are stiff enough...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC Poll