View Poll Results: wat problems r u having?
installed spacers, have ABS, Slip, VDC lights on
18.01%
installed spacers, have knocking
4.35%
installed spacers, have both lights and knocking
3.73%
didn't install spacers, have no problem
24.84%
didn't install spacers, have one of the problems above
4.35%
didn't install the camber kit yet.
26.71%
installed spacers, no problem
18.01%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

SPC Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
you're dropped to the max, what did you expect?
yep. i'm hoping i won't have problems when i raise it back up.

i shoulda left the stock arms on for this drop and installed these babies afterwards. i don't think lawrence is having any problems and he's got the stock arms still.

Old 06-01-2007, 08:47 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity

i shoulda left the stock arms on for this drop and installed these babies afterwards. i don't think lawrence is having any problems and he's got the stock arms still.
Are yours the final revision or the second revision?

Old 06-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by redlude97
Are yours the final revision or the second revision?
final.

Old 06-02-2007, 11:49 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
my arms are knocking!!!
That still should not be happening. Call me on monday at 1-800-959-0145 ext 2 to discuss.

Eddie

Old 06-02-2007, 11:57 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by THMotorsports
That still should not be happening. Call me on monday at 1-800-959-0145 ext 2 to discuss.

Eddie
unfortunately..i didn't order my camber arms from you, eddie.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my arms are knocking!!!
Just out of curiousity, when do you hear it the most? Is it constant or is it when just turning? I hear noises coming from the front suspension when I am going over speed bumps, driveways, and sometimes when I am turning. Almost sounds like a woodpecker in my wheel well. Is that what you are hearing? I never heard anything before when I first lowered the car. Thanks for the input.

Old 06-02-2007, 06:23 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
unfortunately..i didn't order my camber arms from you, eddie.
Doesnt matter, ive been with SPC for 4 years now and im sure we can work something out for you if you have a problem with your kit. Just call me on monday at 1-800-959-0145 ext 2 and we can discuss whats up. Ill call Craig at SPC on monday to see if there is a problem with your kit, or if you have maxed it out at the drop.

Eddie

Old 06-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Doesnt matter, ive been with SPC for 4 years now and im sure we can work something out for you if you have a problem with your kit. Just call me on monday at 1-800-959-0145 ext 2 and we can discuss whats up. Ill call Craig at SPC on monday to see if there is a problem with your kit, or if you have maxed it out at the drop.

Eddie

wow! that's service...

Old 06-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

I did the SPC camber and Toe kit with no problems but kept my OEM arms...my ride is slammed with no problems. I have a few issues with my prototype shocks and the S techs were cut 3/4 coil no issues but speed bumps..

Old 06-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by Firedawg63nLA
I did the SPC camber and Toe kit with no problems but kept my OEM arms...my ride is slammed with no problems. I have a few issues with my prototype shocks and the S techs were cut 3/4 coil no issues but speed bumps..
so if i'm understanding you correctly, lawrence, you have the spc rear camber/toe kit - correct? so do i, and i don't have any problems with that.

my problems are with the spc front camber arms.

Originally Posted by Tru-G
Just out of curiousity, when do you hear it the most? Is it constant or is it when just turning? I hear noises coming from the front suspension when I am going over speed bumps, driveways, and sometimes when I am turning. Almost sounds like a woodpecker in my wheel well. Is that what you are hearing? I never heard anything before when I first lowered the car. Thanks for the input.
i only experience the knocking when i drive through dips or harsh roads. if the road is completely flat/smooth, then i don't feel/hear a thing. for instance, i will usually hear a loud knock when i drive over a manhole - as those are usually not 100% level with the rest of the road.

Eddie
thanks, eddie. i really appreciate your help. i'll call you sometime early this week. i plan to raise the car up on friday...so we'll see if the droppage is what caused the problem.

Originally Posted by superdds
wow! that's service...
+1 million.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Guys,

I apologize for not replying earlier as I was on a mission trip to the D.R. for a week. If anyone wants a comprehensive explanation of the issue, feel free to give me a call. We are the ones that initiated the development of this kit and have worked with the president of the company on the issues from day one. If anyone has all of the answers, it will be me.

Toll Free: 888.672.0066

Old 06-04-2007, 06:09 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
For those of you ordering the SPC Kits on the coupe. This is the info I recieved from SPC today on the front kit.

"Information on soft springs and noises on the Part #72120 Upper Control Arm Camber/Caster Kit for the Nissan 350Z and the Infiniti G35.

The following condition may be noted after installation of the #72120 Camber/Caster Kit.

If a softer lowering spring or one with less spring rate is used in these vehicles it can cause the suspension to travel farther up in the fender well. Along with a possible soft or weak shock absorber or strut this may cause the control arm to contact the upper fender well. Vehicles with aftermarket adjustable struts may see this condition when the struts are set to a softer setting. In addition to this a heavier tire/wheel combination can exaggerate this condition. The noise made by contact of the arm to the body may be noticed only at times when the suspension is subjected to sharp compression such as potholes or raised road joints.

Spring rate: the amount of force necessary to compress the spring, usually measured in one inch increments. A linear rate spring will take the same amount of force for the entire travel of the spring. A 500 lb rated spring will take 500 lbs of force to compress it one inch, another 500 lbs (total 1000) to compress it the second inch, and so on until the end of the spring travel. A progressive or variable rate spring changes the force requirement as the spring is compressed. A 500-600 lb rated spring will require 500 lbs of force to compress the spring the first inch, another 520 lbs (varies depending on spring length) to compress it the next inch all the way to the last inch where an additional 600 lbs of additional force is required to compress."

Old 06-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Overglorified Altima
so does the amount of droppage account for anything?

as far as i know, my basics are fairly stiff...well, the car is being raised on wednesday. hopefully it'll be gone then...i'll report thereafter.

Old 06-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Ride height does as well. If the rates are too low and its a pretty deep drop, you may have problems.

Eddie

Old 06-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
so does the amount of droppage account for anything?

as far as i know, my basics are fairly stiff...well, the car is being raised on wednesday. hopefully it'll be gone then...i'll report thereafter.
Yes, even with stiffer springs, when you are dropped an extreme amount, you still won't have any suspension travel room. Basically at your extreme drop, the a-arms were sitting cm's away from the fenderwell, so your stiff suspension still couldn't save you. At a more reasonable drop, the a-arms are sitting inches away from the fenderwell instead so they will hit less often as long as the springs are sufficiently stiff to absorb the shock before bottoming out. SPC had this same issue on the prelude camber kits, and it would actually punch holes through the fender well into the engine compartment on superlow drops.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC Poll