View Poll Results: wat problems r u having?
installed spacers, have ABS, Slip, VDC lights on
18.01%
installed spacers, have knocking
4.35%
installed spacers, have both lights and knocking
3.73%
didn't install spacers, have no problem
24.84%
didn't install spacers, have one of the problems above
4.35%
didn't install the camber kit yet.
26.71%
installed spacers, no problem
18.01%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

SPC Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 02:33 AM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Go with the SPL's instead, they offer quite a bit of adjustability(+1 deg with up to +3 deg with fender modification). I believe this was based on their old street arms, with the newer low clearance arms allowing even more positive adjustability without modifications.
i'm still searching for vendors that carry the SPL arms. any suggestions?

for now, i will live with the negative camber. however, before i get a new set of tires i do plan on getting a new front kit to correct the camber back to -1.5/-2 (anywhere in between that is fine with me).

Old 06-16-2007, 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Calvin,

My suggestion would be to install the spacer because they will automatically give you an additional 2* of positive camber. Even if you go with another arm I would see if you could keep or buy the spacers from SPC, they will give you much more flexibility. I have the spacers with my 350EVO's and it's the best setup possible IMO, tons of flexibility without any issues.

The SPL arms are adjusted by lengthening the arm for more positive camber thereby getting the knocking issue when adjusting for more positive camber. The only fix is to shorten the arm which means less positive camber. I know on the old arms they were only getting .5*- 1* depending your drop although by having the spacer installed that would give the additional 2* of p camber. I have no experience with their new arms although, IMO because of their design of having to lengthen the arm for adjustment having the spacers would mean the arms would be shorter with the same camber spec.

I have the vendor for the SPL arms that I will find for you.

Mark

Old 06-16-2007, 03:52 PM
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
i'm still searching for vendors that carry the SPL arms. any suggestions?

for now, i will live with the negative camber. however, before i get a new set of tires i do plan on getting a new front kit to correct the camber back to -1.5/-2 (anywhere in between that is fine with me).
Hey Calvin,

Here's 1 vendor for the SPL arms. He is the main distributor of SPL.
SGP Racing
281-444-9195
sales@sgpracing.com

Mark

Old 06-16-2007, 05:03 PM
^^^mark...do you think spc will just sell the spacers separately? i was just at ai and orlando said the same thing...that the spacers will give you more flexibility in terms of achieving positive camber.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:23 PM
^ Hi Leon,

I know that SPC tried to sell their spacers to 350EVO although they declined. In doing business everything has a price so IMO, I'm sure they would be willing to sell their spacers although since you were a former customer I would try to workout a deal with them. You might try talking to Peter at IAP and see what he can do for you, just a suggestion.

I read your post....aren't the EVO arms excellent? Like I told you they are pricey but you do get what you pay for!

Mark

Last edited by mark4x4; 06-16-2007 at 05:29 PM.
Old 06-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by superdds
^^^mark...do you think spc will just sell the spacers separately? i was just at ai and orlando said the same thing...that the spacers will give you more flexibility in terms of achieving positive camber.
BTW, sorry I didn't back to you but I was away on a trip and the weekend had already passed. Let me know if you want to stop by even though you purchased the EVO's already.

Mark

Old 06-16-2007, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by mark4x4
BTW, sorry I didn't back to you but I was away on a trip and the weekend had already passed. Let me know if you want to stop by even though you purchased the EVO's already.

Mark

sure thing...i'll keep you posted. cheers.

Old 06-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Overglorified Altima
thanks for the tips, mark.

like i said, i still have a lot of research to do before i purchase my next set of arms - that is, if i purchase another set at all. i will definitely take everything you have said into consideration when making my decision.

Old 06-23-2007, 01:52 AM
Just had my SPC front and rears installed (1st gen set), and I'm only getting the SLIP and VDC Off light. The knocking noise is only when I hit a bump or a dip.

I bought my set from IAP, what are my options? Was there a revision made?

Old 06-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by G35BASTARD
Just had my SPC front and rears installed (1st gen set), and I'm only getting the SLIP and VDC Off light. The knocking noise is only when I hit a bump or a dip.

I bought my set from IAP, what are my options? Was there a revision made?
your light are on because your ABS sensor is not properly spaced out right. are you using the spacers that came with the kit on the front?

I am going to try to take my spacers out and see if that will work and go back to using the stock mounting points for the abs sensor.

just be aware that it is an install issue.

hope that helps.

Old 07-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Yep the ABS light just went on yesterday... So it's the spacer? Should I remove it? My installer is on vacation for 3 weeks... Is it something simple to do?

Old 07-07-2007, 07:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the revised front... should I use the spacers? how would i know if i need them?

Old 07-07-2007, 07:10 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by WTF??
I have the revised front... should I use the spacers? how would i know if i need them?
depends how much adjustment youll need to get your camber to where you want it.

the spacers add 2 degrees of positive camber.

Old 07-08-2007, 03:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what exactly is the spacer. i have the revised fronts. i want to lower my car with no visible wheel gap.

Old 07-08-2007, 02:15 PM
took the spacers out and lights all went out. those spacers are absolute CRAP! one of the poorest designs IMO. when i went to remove the spacers, i noticed that the threads on my brembos got stretched out due to the way that the spacers aligned the brakes to the rest of the suspension.

DO NOT USE THE SPACERS ON THE SPC FRONT CAMBER KIT.

now that i have the spacers out, the abs, and vdc are working again and i was able to bring the alignment back into spec.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC Poll