View Poll Results: wat problems r u having?
installed spacers, have ABS, Slip, VDC lights on
18.01%
installed spacers, have knocking
4.35%
installed spacers, have both lights and knocking
3.73%
didn't install spacers, have no problem
24.84%
didn't install spacers, have one of the problems above
4.35%
didn't install the camber kit yet.
26.71%
installed spacers, no problem
18.01%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

SPC Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 02:06 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keep us posted ^^^ i just ordered my revised fronts and rear camber kit. i am waiting on my hks rs coils to come in.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I talked to the guys over at TH Motorsports and just to clarify, they were not the ones who installed the kit and did not tell me to reset the cpu. That was a local installer in my area. THMotorsports told me that a lot of the noise was from my springs moving around not my camber kit. I lifted to car the other day to see where the arms might be hitting and I saw no indication of any contact on the arms. I was told that sometimes, depending on the coils, they can move around and make it sound like knocking. I don't know how much of this is true but after lifting my car to see for myself, I tend to agree. Like I said, I only hear noises when I am making a sharp turn or when I hit a substantial bump or pothole. Going back to the installer tomorrow to see about the ABS and VDC problem. Will keep you posted.

Old 05-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Truman,

That issue should be worked out with the re-installation of these. The lights should come off. Your knocking, like we talked about is the spring rotating on the perch seat. Let me know if you need more help.

Spooze,

Thanks so much buddy. Your new revised set has been shipped out.

eddie

Old 05-29-2007, 06:53 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by mark4x4
I think it's critical that you find out which version you have. The 2 types of bumps that create the biggest issues are the large and the high velocity bumps. The latest revision arm could fix the kocking issue if you have the original arms installed.

There is no need for the computers to be reset, if you think about it, nothing about the sensor has been changed only the location. The spacers adds 2* degrees of positive camber and the arms adds 1* which gives a total of 3*. If 1* can get back into spec you can go without the spacers although the spacers will give alot more flexability if you change your setup. SPC allowed me to keep their spacers and the 350EVO's get 1* of positive camber although with the spacer, I get a full 3*.

Peter at IAP who his an authorized SPC dealer took care of many of our forum members who bought from him although, I know nothing about THMotorsports. With THMotorsports telling you that the computer has to be reset I'm not to sure how much they know about these arms or they are just trying to pass the buck? If they won't resolve the issues, I would contact SPC directly since they know the problems with these arms and see if they would be willing to help you.

Mark
This problem has occured in the past. The sensors do tend to throw codes when they are not in spec. We have resolved multiple issues with re-setting the ECM, as well as trying to re-install the brackets again. We will more than happily take care of your needs.

Thanks again,

Eddie

Old 05-29-2007, 08:38 PM
I just wanted everyone to know that Eddie at THMotorsports has been great in working with me to resolve my issues with my SPC camber kit and has been willing to go out of his way to do so. Thanks for all your help Eddie.

-Tru

Old 05-29-2007, 09:05 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
so far so good with mine. i did not install the spacers and am as low as i can go with tein basics.

i'm not going to "vote" in the poll for another week or so...just to see if anything comes up.

Old 05-29-2007, 11:50 PM
Originally Posted by Tru-G
I talked to the guys over at TH Motorsports and just to clarify, they were not the ones who installed the kit and did not tell me to reset the cpu. That was a local installer in my area. THMotorsports told me that a lot of the noise was from my springs moving around not my camber kit. I lifted to car the other day to see where the arms might be hitting and I saw no indication of any contact on the arms. I was told that sometimes, depending on the coils, they can move around and make it sound like knocking. I don't know how much of this is true but after lifting my car to see for myself, I tend to agree. Like I said, I only hear noises when I am making a sharp turn or when I hit a substantial bump or pothole. Going back to the installer tomorrow to see about the ABS and VDC problem. Will keep you posted.
You say the noise happens when making a sharp turn or hitting a bump. I'm assuming this is happening under compression or load, if this is correct how is the spring rotating and making noise? If this is happening during the rebound of the suspension then the noise would sound different than the arms hitting.

It's difficult to see a mark on the arms because depending wears it's hitting. The under fender liner is plastic so it won't leave a mark although if the noise is more dramatic like mine was, my arms were hitting the upper front side of the fender leaving small mark in the middle top front of the arms.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:31 AM
Peter-
Is there anything you can do about the knocking i'm having? did everyone else get the new revised arms?

Old 05-30-2007, 11:27 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I installed mine with NO spacers and Im good !

Old 05-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Finding out today what exactly where the changes. I know it was a clearance issue that was resolved.

Old 05-30-2007, 07:44 PM
I was the test G for SPC for the front arms. The first revised arms, they changed the angle of the arms. The final revision they made the arms narrower and a little shorter, the end result I believe was a lost of around .5* of positive camber for a total of 3* with the use of the spacer. This spec was from where I get my car aligned which means that arms alone would give you 1*.

Originally, I had clearance problems on the front top side of the arms hitting the fender because of the slope. That was the reason for the angle and size change although in my particular case because of my Swift spring being softer than oem on high velocity bumps the arms were able to move fully up and hit at the end of the arms. The oem bump stops are too soft to limit the upward movement before they hit. SPC believes that most setups should be fine with their revised arms and because I had a somewhat unusual setup they wanted try to get mine to work assuming I had an extreme case.

Mark

Last edited by mark4x4; 05-30-2007 at 07:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Overglorified Altima
mark4x4,

so were the spacers ever a problem? from the poll, it seems that most people that installed the spacers are the ones that had the problems...but unfortunately, polls are not always accurate and correlation does not imply causation.

Old 05-30-2007, 08:09 PM
^ I do have the spacer installed so when we reinstalled the sensor, being very careful not to bend the bracket (I have the original lock nut) the light was on although by repositioning the sensor the light turned off. After that I've had no issues with the sensor.

Mark

Old 06-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Overglorified Altima
my arms are knocking!!!

Old 06-01-2007, 08:42 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
my arms are knocking!!!
you're dropped to the max, what did you expect?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC Poll