View Poll Results: wat problems r u having?
installed spacers, have ABS, Slip, VDC lights on
18.01%
installed spacers, have knocking
4.35%
installed spacers, have both lights and knocking
3.73%
didn't install spacers, have no problem
24.84%
didn't install spacers, have one of the problems above
4.35%
didn't install the camber kit yet.
26.71%
installed spacers, no problem
18.01%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

SPC Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 06:29 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Yes, even with stiffer springs, when you are dropped an extreme amount, you still won't have any suspension travel room. Basically at your extreme drop, the a-arms were sitting cm's away from the fenderwell, so your stiff suspension still couldn't save you. At a more reasonable drop, the a-arms are sitting inches away from the fenderwell instead so they will hit less often as long as the springs are sufficiently stiff to absorb the shock before bottoming out. SPC had this same issue on the prelude camber kits, and it would actually punch holes through the fender well into the engine compartment on superlow drops.
yikes. that's why i havent been driving my car since HIN. i'm hoping that after i raise it (so that the fender sits just above the tire with a zero finger gap) i won't hear this damn knocking.

if it continues, i'll be forced to sell these things to a sedan. as i understand it, sedans and z's don't have this problem. just us coupes.

i'd say my arms have hit between 10-15 times max. only a couple of them were hard. hopefully this wasn't enough to do any major damage...

Last edited by Calvin; 06-04-2007 at 06:32 PM.
Old 06-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by aHero4Eternity
yikes. that's why i havent been driving my car since HIN. i'm hoping that after i raise it (so that the fender sits just above the tire with a zero finger gap) i won't hear this damn knocking.

if it continues, i'll be forced to sell these things to a sedan. as i understand it, sedans and z's don't have this problem. just us coupes.

i'd say my arms have hit between 10-15 times max. only a couple of them were hard. hopefully this wasn't enough to do any major damage...
I'm sure once you raise it up then you should be fine, like I said, extreme drops is what we are talking about, which you weren't planning on keeping anyways.

Old 06-04-2007, 07:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so does the amount of droppage account for anything?

as far as i know, my basics are fairly stiff...well, the car is being raised on wednesday. hopefully it'll be gone then...i'll report thereafter.
A option that SPC wanted me to to test out was to add disc spacers to the oem bump stops to limit the travel of the arms although I decided against doing the testing. The disc spacers are installed on top of the oem bump stop, the spacers are made of metal and the oem bump stop are made of hard rubber, so the end result would be lowering the oem bump to stop the travel of the arms before they it the fender. SPC sent me out about 10 spacers although you would just add as many as needed.

I'm sure that SPC would be willing to let you try them if you wanted to keep your ride height or even if you had issues after raising it.

Mark

Old 06-04-2007, 07:04 PM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by redlude97
I'm sure once you raise it up then you should be fine, like I said, extreme drops is what we are talking about, which you weren't planning on keeping anyways.
my concern is...when i raise it, will that be high enough? =/

Old 06-13-2007, 02:02 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just had the brand new " revised " arms part # 72125 installed today at a local shop and my vdc, slip, and abs lights are all on. I also went over a bump and heard a thud coming from my front left suspension. Im bummed!

Old 06-13-2007, 02:04 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by dtg35
Just had the brand new " revised " arms part # 72125 installed today at a local shop and my vdc, slip, and abs lights are all on. I also went over a bump and heard a thud coming from my front left suspension. Im bummed!
interesting. i assume you installed the spacers and had to relocated the ABS sensors, then? how trustworthy is the shop? as in, can you be sure that they handled them with care?

as for the knocking, how low is your car? what setup are you using? is it "soft?"

Old 06-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by dtg35
it is an issue of installation. if the parts were properly installed and the sensors were spaced correctly, the lights will go out on their own. you do not need to go to the dealership to have anything reset. if your installer says you have to get the cpu reset, tell them that they are full of **** and to do installation correctly.

for me, i had a defective bracket so hopefully when the new one comes in, it should fix the problem.

as far as for the thud that you heard, it was probably the arms hitting your fender lining because your suspension is too soft or your sitting too low or it is a combination of both. all i can say is if you have coilovers, stiffen up the shocks if you can and that should help. otherwise you need to lift your suspension with better shocks or stiffer springs.

good luck!

Old 06-13-2007, 08:16 PM
interesting. i assume you installed the spacers and had to relocated the ABS sensors, then? how trustworthy is the shop? as in, can you be sure that they handled them with care?

as for the knocking, how low is your car? what setup are you using? is it "soft?"
Calvin,

Have you had your camber kit fixed? You still knocking?

Old 06-13-2007, 11:25 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took the car back to the shop today and had them adjust the sensor and thankfully all the lights are now off. As for the suspension, i've got apex n1 exv coilovers which come with 10kg front springs. Looks like my ride height is more of a factor than the springs...im sittin' low. i'll stiffen the coilover setting and see if that helps (i'd rather live with an occasional thud sound rather than raising the ride height!)

Thanks!

Last edited by dtg35; 06-13-2007 at 11:34 PM.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:03 AM
Overglorified Altima
Originally Posted by Tru-G
Calvin,

Have you had your camber kit fixed? You still knocking?
i raised the car up a lil (zero finger gap still) and no more knocking. still no spacers installed, though.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:06 AM
i raised the car up a lil (zero finger gap still) and no more knocking. still no spacers installed, though.

did you get an alignment after the raise? are you within spec...i ended up biting the bullet on the 350evo arms.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Overglorified Altima
alignment? yeh

in spec? LOL no. what's in spec?

i'm still at -2.9 and -3.1

the 350evo arms still wouldn't help me as they only allow for +1 degree of adjustment.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:26 AM
alignment? yeh

the 350evo arms still wouldn't help me as they only allow for +1 degree of adjustment.

but you still have the luxury of going with the spacers if need be. i don't plan on lowering mine that low with the basics so i hope i'll be ok.

Old 06-14-2007, 01:27 AM
Overglorified Altima
i'm gonna stick with the -3 camber.

feels good.

Old 06-14-2007, 03:03 AM
Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
alignment? yeh

not true. 350evo arms brought my 2.8 degree camber back to stock spec. 1.3

superdds. you made the right choice on some quality arms. race proven. no issues.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: SPC Poll