Non-Brembo to OEM Brembo upgrade & Stiffener question

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Non-Brembo to OEM Brembo upgrade & Stiffener question

I spent over an hour using the search function with no luc.

I just won a 350z Track Brembo setup on ebay with just calipers and rotors. What other parts will I need to complete the upgrade? Will my lines fit? I was planning on getting SS lines anyway so do I need to order specific ones for the Coupe Brembo or are they the same?

Does anyone have a brake stiffener? Does it really work? I was thinking of getting the Stillen. Any thoughts?

I have an '04 Sedan, Thanks.

Old 02-25-2007, 05:16 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Does it come with the mounting brackets? Im pretty sure you will need new ones. As for a brake stiffener..i have never heard of one. I have heard of the master brake cylinder made by stillen if thats what your refering to...? Yes it will work.

-sean

Old 02-25-2007, 07:12 PM
I have done the swap on my car. You will need the caliper mounting bolts for the rear calipers. If the lines didn't come with the calipers, then you will need the brembo lines or just get SS lines. The goodridge lines I bought were for both the brembo/non brembo coupes.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by Nismo G
Does it come with the mounting brackets? Im pretty sure you will need new ones. As for a brake stiffener..i have never heard of one. I have heard of the master brake cylinder made by stillen if thats what your refering to...? Yes it will work.

-sean
I haven't received them yet, but the it doesn't look like I'm getting mounting brackets. The stiffener I was referrering to is the master cylinder one. It makes sense, but I was just wondering if it really makes a diferrence you can feel.

Old 02-25-2007, 07:35 PM
Originally Posted by Nismo G

-sean
I haven't received them yet, but the it doesn't look like I'm getting mounting brackets. The stiffener I was referrering to is the master cylinder one. It makes sense, but I was just wondering if it really makes a diferrence you can feel.
Thanks

Old 02-25-2007, 07:36 PM
whoops double post

Old 02-25-2007, 07:39 PM
Originally Posted by silvernole12
I have done the swap on my car. You will need the caliper mounting bolts for the rear calipers. If the lines didn't come with the calipers, then you will need the brembo lines or just get SS lines. The goodridge lines I bought were for both the brembo/non brembo coupes.
Just bolts, no brackets? How about the front direct bolt-on swap? How do you like the brakes? Do they feel much better?

Thanks for the feedback.

Old 02-27-2007, 09:16 PM
I just read somewhere that sedan 17's might not fit the OEM Brembo's. Can anyone confirm this? Does the same apply for the sport rims? If not, does anyone know what size spacer I need? Now that I think of it, the spare tire must be different as well.

Anyone got any input?

Old 02-27-2007, 11:14 PM
what was the final # on the bid?

stiffner..maybe proportioning valve?

Old 02-28-2007, 12:09 AM
$1400 + $90 to ship. less than 5K on the rears about $13K on the fronts. So fairly good I guess. The stiffener is for the master cylinder, it supposedly moves when you press the pedal, so you loose braking power.

Now all I need to find out is if it'll fit my wheels and if I need a new spare or not.

Old 02-28-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by 04NismoV35
Just bolts, no brackets? How about the front direct bolt-on swap? How do you like the brakes? Do they feel much better?

Thanks for the feedback.

yep just the bolts. Front should be direct bolt on. I actually bought front bolts just in case, but they say the stock ones fit. They feel better but not sure if thats because of the stainless lines or the new calipers since it was all done at once.

Old 03-07-2007, 10:27 AM
Ok, I have the OEM Brembo brake setup in my possesion now, but I still have a couple of questions.

1. Will the sedan stock sport 17" wheels fit these calipers or do I need spacers?

2. Will my spare fit or does the coupe have a different spare?

3. Where can I find Goodridge lines at a good price, the cheapest I see is Racing Brake @ $244, seems expensive.

So what do you guys think?
Thanks

Update: The shop doing the brakes said that the StopTech kit said those aren't actually compatible and that some of the kits out there have the potential of sliding off if they are not the right kit as shown in the pic on Stillen's site. I have no idea what he's talking about, do any of you?

Ok now I'm 4, 6 & 8 line kits so I'm really confused.

Last edited by 04NismoV35; 03-07-2007 at 11:30 AM. Reason: New Info
Old 03-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Anyone?

silvernole12 do you have a coupe or sedan?

Old 03-07-2007, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by 04NismoV35
Ok, I have the OEM Brembo brake setup in my possesion now, but I still have a couple of questions.

1. Will the sedan stock sport 17" wheels fit these calipers or do I need spacers?

No. No OE sedan wheels clear the front Brembo. Rears clear.
2. Will my spare fit or does the coupe have a different spare?

No. The OE spare does not clear. If I remember correctly the coupe donut did not clear as well.

3. Where can I find Goodridge lines at a good price, the cheapest I see is Racing Brake @ $244, seems expensive.

Buy Stoptechs or check out performancenissanparts.com.

So what do you guys think?
Thanks

Update: The shop doing the brakes said that the StopTech kit said those aren't actually compatible and that some of the kits out there have the potential of sliding off if they are not the right kit as shown in the pic on Stillen's site. I have no idea what he's talking about, do any of you?

Ok now I'm 4, 6 & 8 line kits so I'm really confused.

I did the swap and switched back to the sedan brakes when I tried to fit my wheels. Thankfully, I removed the dust shield and not simply cut it.

Old 03-07-2007, 03:57 PM
Originally Posted by myG35ZX
I did the swap and switched back to the sedan brakes when I tried to fit my wheels. Thankfully, I removed the dust shield and not simply cut it.
Why did you switch back? Your second answer doesn't make sense. How could the G coupe come with a spare that doesn't fit? Unless you are forced to get a flat only on the rear. Do you have any idea what size spacer is needed to clear? Where can I find one?

Thanks for feedback.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Non-Brembo to OEM Brembo upgrade & Stiffener question