hks coilovers and camber kits

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hks coilovers and camber kits

for everyone with HKS coilovers your opinions would be great. i have an 06' coupe. i am trying to decide between the hks ls+ coilovers and the hks rs coilovers. i have done alot of searching but the comments on hks coilovers are limited. my car is a daily driver but will also be used for auto cross every so often as well. i want to retain as close as possible to stock ride quality as possible for the daily driving part. i know the ls+ is supposed to be the more comfortable but i have read some peoples posts saying that the rs was close as well. so everyone that has one or the other your opinion would be great. also i am looking to see what everyone thinks on what the best camber kits are for front and rear with price not really being a concern.

Old 04-20-2007, 10:50 PM
+1

i want to know too

Old 04-22-2007, 09:03 PM
well i guess no help on this subject

Old 04-22-2007, 09:14 PM
i'm having the hks rs installed at the end of may when my rims come in.

i went to 1 of the arcadia meets and 1 of the guys has the hks rs. said he doesn't feel the small bumps but you have to slow down for the big bumps.

i was talking to chris from f1 where i ordered my rims and suspension from and he said that camber helps a little after rims and a drop but it won't be as good as factory specs. with the toyo t1r i should rotate tires often and with that i'll get minimum of 15k miles out of them.

also, before i decided to go with the hks rs, i looked up info on the tein flex.

the flex has a front and rear spring rate of 12

the rs has a front and rear spring rate of 8

so the hks rs should be a lot more comfortable than the flex at least.

its wierd but when i looked up the spring rates on the ls+ it's 9 for the front and 8 for the rear. that is weird considering how the ls+ is suppose to be more comfortable.

the ls+ and rs are very close indeed.

Old 04-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
i have the HKS RS, and i would recommend them. 30-way adjustable. very close to stock, if not morecomfortable. i have 20s, and my front is slightly tucked, and there is no gap in the back. GO FOR IT!!

Old 04-22-2007, 10:30 PM
just go for the RS .. you can always set the dampening to the softest and when you wana track it .. set it to a stiff setting

Old 04-24-2007, 10:45 AM
i guess i am still up in the air on which one but i think i will lean towards the rs, it seems like people have alot of good things to say about those. now i just have to pick the right camber kit.

Old 04-24-2007, 11:15 AM
and when you do...let me know, i need the rear as well

Old 05-02-2007, 04:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have hks rs.
it has 30 settings, lets say 30/30 is full stiff.
10/30 is how it comes out the box. that setting feels stock to me- maybe a little better because the car doesnt skip around as much.
15/30 is where i leave it.. feels close to stock but handles better- esp at higher speeds.
above 15/30 you really start to stiffen things up.
=

here's what i said to someone else that asked, a non-g owner but should answer your question
well of course i try my best to avoid all potholes..i dont want to subject my wheels/tires/suspension to them. so far ive done a really good job at least in the G. but i can still answer your question, at least for different road surfaces.

the suspension has about 30 settings.. with 30/30 being full stiff. at 10/30 (default), it rides and handles better than stock. that includes potholes, road irregularities, etc.

i dont go softer than that because i prefer a little stiffer ride than stock. so at 15/30, where i normally have it (90% of the time), the ride is tightened up just a little.. but it doesn't feel 'stiff' just 'correct', esp at higher speeds. overall, the car rides very true and still very comfortably. at this setting i could easily drive all day- even on stx roads. potholes/big irregularities are felt but it doesnt feel like they're being hit if you know what i mean. my passengers seem to like 15/30 as well- it feels like stock to them, of course i can feel that there's tons more grip though.

when i want to turn it up, i normally go to 27/30. at this setting, you dont want to hit potholes. it really feels like they're getting 'hit' but not so hard the car feels like its getting damaged. regardless you're made aware of everything there. you feel all road irregularities, and at lower speeds the car reacts more to them.

at higher speeds (50mph+), 27/30 feels like magic, even on poorly surfaced roads. the car is direct and precise. able to be positioned very accurately on the road with very solid feedback. almost no lean can be felt- even when turning at very high speeds. at these really high speeds, you will feel large irregularities, and you will feel the impact, but its too hard. Smaller irregularities are handled smoothly. in all cases, the car feels confident, gripping the road even if the surface is poor. you'll feel the loss of grip if the road is bad enough, but you'll also know the car's keeping itself planted.

i dont really drive at 30/30 because that setting feels too stiff. i would imagine that at 30, you would really feel any impact with anything- not just sharp irregularities and that you really wouldnt want to even hit irregularities, much less sharp ones, pot holes, etc. but again i dont drive it there...
i also changed tires, wheels, and swaybars+bushings so i was also commenting on that to an extent.. and comparing to a few other cars...but you get the idea. hope that helps..

Last edited by tekknikal; 05-02-2007 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:45 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Hello,

HKS Hipermax RS Coilovers are in my opinion the best coilovers for G. They are so comfortable for daily driving, but yet they can handle extremely well on the track as well. 30-Way Adjustable and you can't go wrong. By far one of my best sellers for the G35 Coupe. Just my two yen.

-Mike

Old 05-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Who me??? NAAAAAAA.
how excatly do you adjust them?? Never had to much experience with coil overs. Oh ya and are these compatible with the edfc??

Last edited by PsYcholG35; 05-02-2007 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:22 PM
the rears you just reach through the wheels (you can on OEM 19s and some aftermarket wheels; the rest i dunno). there's a **** on the strut itself.

in the front, you open the hood, and you change the setting with a fancy tool it comes with (looks like a long screwdriver).

takes 2-3 minutes to do the whole car. less than five for sure.

Old 05-02-2007, 06:26 PM
Who me??? NAAAAAAA.
Kool thank you

Old 05-02-2007, 11:16 PM
sorry but im not really good with the whole coilover drop rate numbers...so i just compare...but can the hks rs give u of a drop as stance???...

i was thinking of tein basic but ive see pics of G's slammed on basics and i wanna go lower...thanx

Old 05-03-2007, 12:57 AM
New to coilovers and need some info. If i were to get the HKS Rs or Tein basics what else do i need. I know i will need a camber kit, so a list of items i would need to go coilovers on my g will be appreciated. Thankyou

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: hks coilovers and camber kits