Updated 01/07/10 READ NOW! R1 Concepts brake rotors..RESOLVED!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2008, 03:57 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
haha its aight i was just perplexed at the car comment no harm was done...and im actually looking it the r1's since everyone recommends them with the zinc coating

Old 09-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by urbnmat
haha its aight i was just perplexed at the car comment no harm was done...and im actually looking it the r1's since everyone recommends them with the zinc coating

Just make sure you specify zinc coating all over, understand that if you go with ceramic pads, your braking will be better, but you'll eat the **** out of your rotors faster, even with the slotting and cross drilling. Thirdly, remember that English is a second language to all of the people at R1 that I've dealt with, so be patient, and know that they don't always understand you, and you don't always understand them. Don't hesitate to have them repeat your order a few times. They aren't dumb, or rude, their first language just isn't English.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:33 AM
I bought the e line rotors. Is this happening to the E-line or to the premium line? Seems like it is only on the premium line. Can people chime in?

I have only installed one axle so far but I guess I am going to go out and buy the 5 buck high temp paint. Any suggestions on color? Black or Gray or silver?

Mercedes Benz rotors come fully painted grey. At first I was like what the hell are the rotors painted for but it must be for the same reasoning to prevent rust through the holes and slots.

I am glad to hear they are braking well. That was my mine concern. Bought some akebono ceramics which I love.

Old 09-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 458 Likes on 237 Posts
Do you really need more people to chime in after 123 posts in this thread?

Old 09-25-2008, 10:01 PM
Originally Posted by SxExCx
Do you really need more people to chime in after 123 posts in this thread?
Sure why not? This is a forum? You can unsuscribe from the thread.

Besides I am asking about the e-line rotors not the premium.

Old 09-25-2008, 11:19 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I created the thread

Old 09-26-2008, 06:33 AM
RXM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by barrios35
I bought the e line rotors. Is this happening to the E-line or to the premium line? Seems like it is only on the premium line. Can people chime in?

I have only installed one axle so far but I guess I am going to go out and buy the 5 buck high temp paint. Any suggestions on color? Black or Gray or silver?

Mercedes Benz rotors come fully painted grey. At first I was like what the hell are the rotors painted for but it must be for the same reasoning to prevent rust through the holes and slots.

I am glad to hear they are braking well. That was my mine concern. Bought some akebono ceramics which I love.
People who bought the e-line rotors did not report issues with rust. I believe there was a coating on the rotors already for the e-line but double check with R1concepts.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Originally Posted by RXM
People who bought the e-line rotors did not report issues with rust. I believe there was a coating on the rotors already for the e-line but double check with R1concepts.

Thanks RXM..

I sprayed them black last night. They look great. I think I will do that to all my future rotors from whereever I buy them.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:30 AM
Originally Posted by SxExCx
I created the thread
Great thanks...

Old 09-26-2008, 11:54 AM
Hi, non-G35 owner and pissed off buyer of R1Concepts.

I bought rotors from them since I was recommend these, just the blank OEM replacements. I put them on, and the hole for the studs are bored out waaaay too big for the studs and has some serious play...making a really annoying metal-to-metal sound. I put back on the old rotors and the noise is gone. I thought it was my suspension but who would have thought they were the rotors.

video, sorry it's dark, but you'll see how much play there is.
This play made a huge metal-to-metal contact noise everytime I hit the brakes or let off the brakes.

I've emailed and called R1concepts couple times. What pisses me off more is that their machine tells me "you are caller 2, please the expected wait is under 2 minutes" and then tells me "the extension number 7002 is not available, please leave a message" after I was on the phone for 10 minutes.

----------------------------

PS:

called again, and I am really confused with R1Concepts...

I talked to a guy named Kit, and he was a really nice guy. He's basically sending me another set of rotors and a return shipping label so I can send back one rotor back for them to inspect.

I guess once you do get a hold of them, they do stand by their products. I'll keep you guys updated as to how the new rotors are once I get them...if I don't forget.

Last edited by Coco-bun; 09-26-2008 at 01:11 PM.
Old 10-07-2008, 11:50 AM
my 2 cents

Just installed the premium rotors on my Viper. They were electric coated (entire rotor) Only problem was they did NOT wear off so I had to remove them and have the coating turned off the brake surface. I tried hitting them with a jitterbug, used brake fluid remover and nothing got the coating off quicker than turning them. By trying to wear them off thru use, the car had no braking power. That was dangerous.
Anyone else have that problem??
R1 did say they would re-imburse me for having them turned. Cost was only $10.00 per wheel and they never really took any metal off the rotor, only paint.

Old 10-22-2008, 07:13 PM
What I can see in this pic is a clean ride in a garage that probably recently had a bath (seeing as how the tires are all nice and armor all'd) and rust on the stopping surface. Bottom line... purchase a premium vehicle pay the premium price for premium parts! Don't whine when you get cheap! Incidentally I purchased the premium rotors (05 Superduty Diesel truck) and I get rust after I wash the vehicle then drive it for 10 mins and its gone! but I saved 400.00 over performance friction brand rotors!

Old 10-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
hey look..another first time poster bringing a dead thread back to life to highlight R1's substandard products

Old 10-23-2008, 11:55 AM
ha ha....great.

Old 12-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Exclamation You gotta be crazy

I purchased the Eline zinc coated in 2006 for my 02 Rodeo(they came in a kit of all 4 w/ pads). I live in Buffalo and in the winter our roads are covered in salty slop. For the first year-and-a-half there was hardly a spec of rust. Since then, expected deterioration outside the contact area. I've put two sets of pads on since and I am getting ready to replace the whole setup again (gladly). After 60,000 miles on these rotors, I must say - THEY ROCK!!!

If anyone ever checks this thread, let me tell you, the zinc coated eline rotors will be the best brake investment you may ever make!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updated 01/07/10 READ NOW! R1 Concepts brake rotors..RESOLVED!