Updated 01/07/10 READ NOW! R1 Concepts brake rotors..RESOLVED!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know...the reaction and comments made by Mass which I'm getting the impression is representing or from R1, lead me to believe that everything said about his customer service issues and so forth are true.

Old 12-25-2007, 01:59 PM
OMG 70 or 120. You own a G. Just fork out more money for a better quality product.

Old 12-25-2007, 04:03 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 457 Likes on 237 Posts
Originally Posted by Sportcoupe35
I don't know...the reaction and comments made by Mass which I'm getting the impression is representing or from R1, lead me to believe that everything said about his customer service issues and so forth are true.
Exactly

Old 12-25-2007, 04:05 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
At the time I just wanted drilled and slotted rotors to replce my worn OEM. I know they are cheap but it is not excuse for how the business is run.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mass, Who are you? If you are a employee at our company, please let me know. Now for everyone who does not know, Our premium rotors, are coated only on the hub and inner vanes of the rotors. There is no rust protection on the surface of the rotors. Only our E-lines are completely zinc'd for protection. YES rotors are Cast Iron, and they will rust. There is many threads about rotors rusting, especially for the non brembo calipers. As for the customer service, That I would have to apologize for. But there is no need to bad mouth a company for 1 mis haps. I wish you would of sent me a pm about this matter instead of emailing us, (which we do get about 500-1000 a day of). But the best way is to contact us via Phone.
Originally Posted by sxexcx
I think I paid close to $300 for my set of premium drilled and slotted. The guy who has them now hasnt even had a chance to install them because he was going to resurface them and powdercoat the hubs. Can he exchange them under some kind of cirrcumstancial warranty? He is local so no shipping would even be involved.
Tell him to bring them to me. I will powder coat the whole rotor for him.

Originally Posted by JOKER
my Stop Tech slotted rust same way.
I have had my new rotors for a few months now and the still look perfect. It has been raining alot and I havent seen a spec of rust. A friend got a set at the same time and his are perfect too. The new brand of rotors I got were actually cheaper than the R1's.
If you wanted a "rust protected rotor", our e-line rotor that is fully zinced, will do you right. Now, if you wanted a stronger rotor, then the premium is the way to go.

Mistakes DO happen and that is what a warranty is for.

So, by making your last statement, you admit that you made a mistake but confirm that your warranty is BS.
Who Warranties rust? I'm sorry, but I rather warranty crack/warp/mishandling by shipment.

as far as the "diamond cut edge" being the newer better way of making slots...who should be trusted as the authority on brake rotors?

Should we trust R1 who says these new "diamond cut edges" are better?

or

Should we trust Endless, AP Racing, Willwood, Brembo, Greddy, JBT, Stoptech, ect, ect, ect who make rotors the "old" way?
Have you seen Stoptechs, Ap RAcing, Brembos BBK, Rotoras? Please do some research before you use a example. They DO use the Diamond cut slots as well.

Now I do apologize if i missed out some things or came late to this thread. I don't get notices that let me know about them. And since you know I have a name here, feel free to toss me a pm anytime. That way I can get to it asap.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
I am not convinced that you do not know who MASS is. Why would an unrelated person spend so much time on this.

Old 12-28-2007, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am not convinced that you do not know who MASS is. Why would an unrelated person spend so much time on this.
Could be that he works for my company? Has interest in this forum and came accross this thread? We do have 37 employees here, and I dont think I would have to make another name just to back up my company.

Old 12-28-2007, 10:59 PM
I Love R1!!!

Old 12-29-2007, 02:01 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Originally Posted by Mass
I Love R1!!!
??? ???

Old 12-29-2007, 11:13 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mass
I Love R1!!!

Old 12-29-2007, 12:40 PM
Former G35driver Vendor
Do you get it?

Old 12-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Do you get it?
just some R1 "employee" stating his love for R1. Comical.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:13 AM
I got my drilled slotted set from R1 afew months ago. I dealt with a guy named Law and he provided excellent/courteous service. He even carried the rotors out to my car when I went to pick them up.

I paid about $145 for all four with zinc coating and installed them myself. We have had a few rainy days here in socal and there is no sign of rust yet. I do notice a little bit of brake dust in the slots, but thats it.

I've only had them on for about 5000 miles so I don't know how well they will hold up in the long run, but as of now, they are perfect and look great. I'm using hawk hps pads and they do not squeak at all.

Old 01-18-2008, 11:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
explain something

R1concepts,
I lead a group buy on these in 07'. So far i they have "performed" fine for me. Something you wrote bothered me. You said "if you want them not to rust the get the lower grade zink coated ones. If you want better quality one get the premium ones." Ok this makes no sense! You make a lower line that wont rust but a premium one that will! I have the premium ones and they have rusted inside the holes and the slots. It looks pretty bad.. but performs well. If nothing else put this on your web site to inform you customers of what to expect.
It makes no sense to call a product "premium" and have that product rust when your lower price product does not. If i would have known this BEFORE i ordered i would have had them zink coated. Mind you I had many conversations with you regarding the product and the group buy.
Not a bad product for the money..but you should better inform your customer base. OR zink coat your premium line too.

Old 01-19-2008, 01:01 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
rwcblkcoupe i agree with you on how the premium rotors should have zinc since its better in quality. i did order these last year and complained how the rotors were not protected. i forgot who i spoke to at R1 but he help me out quickly. the reason he said, if i recall correctly, is that the premium has a black coating over the hub/vains and would make it difficult to zinc coat them. well after discussing this he offered to black zinc them for me and shipped them back to be free of charge. but sorry i dont have any info regarding how well the perform now, cause i sold them once i got my 30k maintenace when i found out i didnt need new rotors for another year or so. but i seen them on the persons G i sold them too and they still looked good. i didnt notice any rust problems with them. i would consider getting them again, with the black zinc coating. sxexcx, im sorry that you had so much problems with them.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Updated 01/07/10 READ NOW! R1 Concepts brake rotors..RESOLVED!