DIY Request..or not... SPC Rear camber kit install

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-24-2007, 04:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIY Request..or not... SPC Rear camber kit install

I might not need a DIY for this install but I do have a question. I see pics of the SPC rear camber kit installed but im not sure where the larger offset toe cam bolt goes. Does go where the camber arm goes? I guess that is why I'm asking if there's a DIY for the Rear camber kit. Also whatr are the torque specs (or does it come with the kit?? I get mine on friday)

Thanks!!
Jeff
Coupe 04 6mt

Old 09-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
no, it goes on the end of the spring bucket

Old 09-24-2007, 08:00 PM
Torque specs anyone ... also what is this "drilling the hole out" about??? is there a DIY for that part???

Old 09-26-2007, 11:07 AM
DTG
Originally Posted by jpez179
Torque specs anyone ... also what is this "drilling the hole out" about??? is there a DIY for that part???
PM me your email address and I'll send you the PDF instructions with pictures.

Old 09-26-2007, 11:09 AM
G35driver Addict
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
drilling the hole out allows for more toe adjustment. you can get the instructions from the spc website i believe.

Old 10-14-2007, 12:20 PM
installd it guys!!!! not to bad... still need torque specs... anyone thanks!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Question

sorry for my own bump..but I really need to know if anyone knows the torque specs for the rear camber kit and toe bolts..thanks guys!!!

Old 03-09-2008, 02:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

I was going to do this myself today but a couple things came up:

1) The bolt that ties the arm to the inner mount does not look like it will not come out without removing or at least dropping the rear sway bar. The head is only about an inch from the bar and the bolt is at least double that in length.

2) The mount that fastens the spring bucket and needs to have the hole elongated for the toe bolt looks very different on my car than it does in the pdf diy that is going around. In the pics in the pdf the spring bucket attaches to the aluminum subframe. On my car it attaches to a black steel piece that looks like it goes into the subframe on a shaft.

It's an 06 coupe. Did something change? Can anyone confirm what I am seeing?

Old 03-10-2008, 02:22 AM
a.k.a kleicoupe
So is the install hard?

Old 03-10-2008, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
I was going to do this myself today but a couple things came up:

1) The bolt that ties the arm to the inner mount does not look like it will not come out without removing or at least dropping the rear sway bar. The head is only about an inch from the bar and the bolt is at least double that in length.

2) The mount that fastens the spring bucket and needs to have the hole elongated for the toe bolt looks very different on my car than it does in the pdf diy that is going around. In the pics in the pdf the spring bucket attaches to the aluminum subframe. On my car it attaches to a black steel piece that looks like it goes into the subframe on a shaft.

It's an 06 coupe. Did something change? Can anyone confirm what I am seeing?
1) Yes, the sway bar is in the way, but you can just remove the sway bar brackets(not the endlinks) and drop the swaybar down to get to the bolts. Its pretty easy.

2) I have an 06 coupe and my spring bucket attached to the aluminum subframe. Are you sure you are looking at the right area? A picture would be best. Also, do you have RAS, that could be the difference, I've never looked under a car with RAS so I'm not sure how it affects the suspension

Old 03-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Aw crap it does have RAS. I just bought it in December with 14k on it. Dealer never mentioned it and I never knew. I didn't think it was an option on a 6MT.

pic attached. bucket attaches to the black steel brackets that go into what looks like a mini rack and pinion with a motor (circled in red) on it.

I guess I could mod those for the bolts too. They have stock cam bots on already. Should work the same way don't ya think?

Now I guess I need to research RAS since I suddenly discover I have it. How did I not know?

Attached Thumbnails DIY Request..or not... SPC Rear camber kit install-p000918.jpg  

Last edited by PTownG; 03-10-2008 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-10-2008, 08:01 PM
Originally Posted by EncoreCestMoi
Aw crap it does have RAS. I just bought it in December with 14k on it. Dealer never mentioned it and I never knew. I didn't think it was an option on a 6MT.

pic attached. bucket attaches to the black steel brackets that go into what looks like a mini rack and pinion with a motor (circled in red) on it.

I guess I could mod those for the bolts too. They have stock cam bots on already. Should work the same way don't ya think?

Now I guess I need to research RAS since I suddenly discover I have it. How did I not know?
Yes, you have RAS, but it looks like the RAS system uses the same style of bolts to adjust the toe, albeit on a steel bracket instead of aluminum. You should still be able to install them, it will just be more difficult to elongate the holes, but still very doable. Just make sure you pick up a good high speed cutting bit for your dremel

Old 03-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Apparently I need longer toe bolts too. Found this thread a little bit ago:

https://g35driver.com/forums/showthr...t=active+steer

Guess I'll be calling spc in the morning to get new bolts.

Thanks for the RAS suggestion. Never thought of it and I was doing a lot of head scratching trying to figure out why mine looked different from the other pics I have seen.