what should i use for a daily "show drop"?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2007, 10:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what should i use for a daily "show drop"?

im looking to drop the G as much as possible for show, but it is my daily driver and unfortunately see the worlds most vicous speed bumps at my school and work so my question is, is there another way, specifically CHEAPER then airbags to give my car the drop only when i go to a big show?

i know adjustable coilovers are capable of dropping the car to your preference, but is it something you can do by hand with just removing the wheels? or do you have to compress the spring? sorry if this is a noob question, but ive never used coilovers or airbags before.. thanks for the info guys

Old 11-04-2007, 12:36 PM
a custom airbag setup would allow you to lower it to the ground. Probably what you're envisioning for a "show" look. Better dig into your wallet to do it right though.

Coilovers won't drop it to the ground, but they can potentially drop your ride pretty low. You should look for a set and compare and contrast. Find the set that has the most adjustment range in the front and back. Most tend to have more adjustment range in the front than back.

Coilovers are easy to adjust. No need to take the wheel off. Just jack up the car and take the load off the wheel and spring. Use a kit tool and turn the perch. It's as easy as that. I can adjust mine in minutes.

Good Luck

Old 11-04-2007, 02:38 PM
that would be pretty cool, thats what im looking for, airbags are too much right now, maybe in the future but finishing my audio/video will about cash me out. any suggestions of a coilover setup that will provide the most adjustment range?

Old 11-04-2007, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by SilviaVsSupra
any suggestions of a coilover setup that will provide the most adjustment range?
This thread will pretty much list all of them out, along w/ the various ride heights:
https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/65190-g35-350z-aftermarket-coilover-springs-shocks-spec-s-w-updates.html

Old 11-04-2007, 08:38 PM
nice! i need to do a little extra reading on spring weights and all, i gues i would be looking for the Tein Flex would be my best option, does anybody know exactly HOW low you can adjust them to? im lookin for as much as possible

Old 11-04-2007, 08:42 PM
ENVautoDetailing.com

Received 136 Likes on 92 Posts
If you want the coilover that is easiest to adjust with just taking off the wheel/loosening the spring perch and slamming the car, then you'll need a set of "true" coilovers. On our cars the front is a true "coilover" on the rear however, the shock is separate from the spring. I would recommend Stance coilovers, easy to adjust with out having to take out the spring bucket like many of the Tein units.
-GP-