My new JDM Skyline (G35 Coupe) S-Tune Suspension...YEAH:)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Charter Member Florida G35 Club
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Lawy'dU
Looks great. few have this system because for the same money you can go for coilovers which are soooo much better than springs and shocks. Plus with this system you get a very minimal drop
Thanks. I have no doubt that a skilled suspension technician can setup a coil-over system that will outperform springs. I also know from experiences of friends that they can also ruin the handling of a car until they are properly adjusted and corner weighted. I just wanted a system I could take out of a box, install, and know it was going to work well. There are a lot of very positive reviews of the S-tune system to be found and they said want I wanted to hear...a firmer more controlled ride, improved handling for an occasional track day, and most importantly to me...minimal drop.

Many said the S-Tune kit helps to minimize the understeer designed into the stock suspension. If you saw the outside shoulder of my front tires after my last day at Sebring you would know how badly I needed this system

Last edited by dothemath; 03-01-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you purchase the springs only? Or are they really dependent on the shocks? I could easily get the Tein Htechs for the G35 or Z but having at least the springs for now gives a bit of JDM appeal

Old 03-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Well I got the car aligned and the camber specs are -1.2 for the front and -1.8 for the rear with left and right sides matching for both front and rear. The front toe needed a slight correction and the rear right side toe was out the most for some reason.

I do not push my car around an interstate ramp like I do at Sebring because I am in public and there is no room for error on a ramp. I will say though that I did take a few of my local ramps at a comfortable fast pace after my alignment The car is now even more sensitive to changes of steering angle. There is very little time between moving the wheel and the car reacting. Before you would have to wait as the weight shifted and the outer front tire loaded up before the car would turn...that has deminished greatly. On the other hand, the car does not react, or should I say over-react, so much to adjustments in the throttle. For example, you are taking an exit ramp spiritedly which has a decreasing radius and you lift the throttle slightly to tighten your line...or you are at the track midturn and the yoohoo in front of you brakes unexpectedly. With the oem suspension you feel the rear lighten up and start to rotate but it can be too abrupt at times if the suspension is near its limits. That sensation seemed more controlled yesterday on a local freeway ramp that has a decreasing radius. There is less squat under braking and hard excelleration. There is another ramp that goes from being a tight left hander then crests to a slight right hand bend as you merge onto the freeway. Before you could feel the rear get light as you transition from left to right while going over the crest...that feeling was also more controlled. Basically I am getting used to the stiffer ride and the spirited handling on the streets by my first impression...ROCKS!

Infinite1...I don't know if you can buy just the springs. I did not see just springs being sold anywhere.

Last edited by dothemath; 03-05-2008 at 10:21 PM.
Old 03-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Glad you liked the suspension too. It sure improves the handling/nimbleness of the car.

Infiniti/Nissan should have put this suspension on the G35 Coupe from the factory and offered it as the "Sport Model".

Old 07-09-2008, 01:27 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
this is exactly what I'm looking for. I'm looking for something that won't really lower my car (b/c I like to drive it on real streets) and will stiffen it up quite a bit. I've decided to stay away from the 350z nismo s-tune suspension and wait until I have the proper finances to handle the g35 one like you've got.

I think it's a great selection since lower does not necessarily = better handling.

Old 07-09-2008, 02:18 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
becareful next time man put some blocks on those front wheels, car coulda fell right off the jackstands!

Old 07-09-2008, 08:05 PM
I am still loving the suspension and would strongly recommend them based on what I wanted I can't wait to go to Sebring again in a few months.

My friend had some collapsable metal wheel blocks, so while they are not visible in the pictures, the front wheels were not rolling anywhere

Old 07-10-2008, 12:56 AM
Hey dothemath, some Nismo LMGT4's and some 245/275 tires might enhance your track experience as well as complete your Nismo theme.