BC Racing vs JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 12:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
keep in mind that grip isn't only associated with the suspension setup that you have. as you may know, there are many factors you have to consider. do you care about tire wear? will you be tracking the car, or will it still be street driven, or both? do you care about stiffness, or how it will drive on the street?

there are several people who don't like the JIC's. if i only used my car as a daily driver, i probably wouldn't like them either. they have high spring rates (10kg front and 12kg rear for the Z model, 10kg all around for the G model) which some say masks the poor dampening qualities of the shock itself. i on the other hand, think they are solid track performers. since i do track the car often, i knew that rebuilds were going to be more frequent - but this should be the case with any brand.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:26 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
the car is going to be street driven. It might see the track twice a year or so. To tell u the truth i can not imagine car handling better than it is now without some race compound tires. We will see how these coilovers compare to the setup that i have now. The main reason that im going with coils is because i want to drop the front a little more for looks and the front shocks are making noises like an old couch would over very slow speed bumps. That is the main reason i decided to just do it right. As i said im not expecting a lot of improvement on the handling department with these coils. We will wait and see though........

Old 04-11-2008, 12:30 PM
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Why are you not expecting an improvement over the G-stechs which have very low springrates?

Old 04-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Originally Posted by redlude97
Why are you not expecting an improvement over the G-stechs which have very low springrates?
cause the car has absolutely no roll right now. It stays flatter than a C6 Vette on the track.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Klubbheads
cause the car has absolutely no roll right now. It stays flatter than a C6 Vette on the track.
whoa, really? curious - are you running some sort of cage? with just s-techs and OEM z shocks, that's a big claim. anyway, i don't know which setup you went with, but why didn't you just get replacements for what you already have? if you care about comfort, the higher spring rates might turn you off.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by n1cK
whoa, really? curious - are you running some sort of cage? with just s-techs and OEM z shocks, that's a big claim. anyway, i don't know which setup you went with, but why didn't you just get replacements for what you already have? if you care about comfort, the higher spring rates might turn you off.
no cage, just sways stiff/stiff. I was a passenger in my car and the vette and a driver as well. I will just wait till i install them to give a comparison. I have ridden in a coupe with coilovers (MEECHIN's car) and the car was slammed. It had better ride than my car.
I know they weren't the Tein CS.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:50 PM
hope you enjoy whatever you get.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally Posted by n1cK
hope you enjoy whatever you get.
thanks BCs are on their way from florida.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:59 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
You can also get different springs with higher or lower rates for the BC's for about $50 each if you don't like the 10kg 8kg setup.

On my G coupe, I changed from 350Z S-Techs and Tokico D-Spec shocks to the BC racing coilovers. I was concerned about making the ride harsher with the stiffer springs, but the ride is no worse with the BC's. I'm really happy with them.

The S-Techs and Tokicos went onto my G sedan, which was a big improvement over the OEM sport suspension.

Old 04-16-2008, 01:04 AM
just got them today, can't wait to install them this weekend.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:01 PM
English dude, English
Cool, mine are sitting in the living room right now. I'm just waiting for a nice weekend to do them. Post up pics when you get them.

Old 04-16-2008, 12:03 PM
English dude, English
Originally Posted by Gilley
You can also get different springs with higher or lower rates for the BC's for about $50 each if you don't like the 10kg 8kg setup.

On my G coupe, I changed from 350Z S-Techs and Tokico D-Spec shocks to the BC racing coilovers. I was concerned about making the ride harsher with the stiffer springs, but the ride is no worse with the BC's. I'm really happy with them.

The S-Techs and Tokicos went onto my G sedan, which was a big improvement over the OEM sport suspension.
Ok, this is weird. For replacement struts, its $99.00 each which equals $400.00 and now each spring is $50.00 which equals $200.00. Sooo, that is a total of $600.00. That's about $400 less than what they are being sold for. Interesting? I'd say.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:12 AM
just had them installed today. On hardest setting front and rear the car was a little bouncy. Switched the settings to medium front and rear the car's stiffness became very similar to what i had before. I drove like that to the local canyons to test it out and the steering felt a bit lazier than before but the overall the car felt great. It took the bumps more easily and much controlled manner than with s-tech and z shock combo. I blame the lazy steering on the alignment. The ride height is about the same as my s-techs used to be because i wanted that way. I might lower the front a bit more this weekend.

I have an appointment for next friday the 25th for corner balancing and alignment and will post my complete review when i get that done. I do believe on the softest setting the car is much softer than what i had before.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:33 AM
English dude, English
Hey, glad you got them on. Where or what type of alignment shops do the corner balancing? Or do you need a performance shop for that? Thanks.

Old 04-18-2008, 08:51 AM
Received 240 Likes on 196 Posts
I have the JIC VIP, the difference between these and the FLT-A2 for the coupe is softer spring rates. Handles great, and feels great. Actually one of the best handling suspensions I've tried so far... As most of the better suspension companies, you can order custom spring rates and specs from JIC too.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: BC Racing vs JIC FLT-A2 Coilovers