Brushing/grinding sound coming from the brakes...help!!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 09:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
will the warranty on my 04 sedan cover brakes? the warranty doesnt expire until august, and i got it used so i dont know much about the warranty coverage.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
i had a similar problem on my rear brakes. The fronts were warped for sure and i had them cut. I never got noise from the front rotors though just a lot of vibration when i borke. Anyway, rear brakes had brushing noise which drove crazy. I took everything apart like 3 times, the last time i did it i noticed that the metal anchors which keep the pads in place was OUt of place. Meaning that when the cylinder pushed the pad in it pushed the metal piece with it grinding against my rotor. I lubed that up with white lithium and secured it back in place. No more noise for me..... Maybe its not your case but hey let warranty take care of it.

Old 09-02-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by Da-G-SpoT
i had a similar problem on my rear brakes. The fronts were warped for sure and i had them cut. I never got noise from the front rotors though just a lot of vibration when i borke. Anyway, rear brakes had brushing noise which drove crazy. I took everything apart like 3 times, the last time i did it i noticed that the metal anchors which keep the pads in place was OUt of place. Meaning that when the cylinder pushed the pad in it pushed the metal piece with it grinding against my rotor. I lubed that up with white lithium and secured it back in place. No more noise for me..... Maybe its not your case but hey let warranty take care of it.

I am having a brushing noise on my driver front when I brake. Doesn't make the noise any other time. This is after replacing my brakes all the way around with stoptech slotted rotors and hawk pads.

I am thinking it may be the same thing, those metal anchors that hold the pin for the pads in place....They seemed a bit twisted out of place from my last brakes and I had warped rotors which probably didn't help. I didn't have new ones to replace them so I reinstalled them....

Does anyone know where I can order those anchors and what they are called? Its driving me nuts!

Old 09-03-2009, 11:52 AM
Somebody must know what those pin/anchors are called..?

Old 10-22-2009, 11:13 PM
i hear the same thing on my o3 coupe....it sounds like something is grinding on the inside of the wheel....i just swapped into some factory's from some 20in donz wheels...the grinding is definitly loader with the facts on it.....it sounds like some kind of rubbing....i took the wheels off and on the rear i notice this little metal clip,it sticks out about a 1/4 of an inch....i think thats what is making the noise......comment on this please if you experience the same thing.....thanx......