Guys with BC coilovers - need help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no, second generation BC coilovers. they use OEM-style rear springs now instead of narrow diameter 'coilover' springs like the fronts. Since they dont have that gold spring base anymore, the springs are longer--just not long enough for sedans.

also, if you go too low, your control arms become inverted, and it jacks your roll center all up. i want a better overall handling car.

Originally Posted by eurodre
you mean second gen sedan? or coupe? and why would you need LONGER springs?

i saw you dont want to be too low but.. why buy coilovers and not want to be low? unless you're tracking it

Old 06-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Received 535 Likes on 296 Posts
yah i know, i have the same ones.. i have the black spring base as well for my coupe

but i don't know if they make longer springs, something you should have investigated prior to purchase, hope it works out for u somehow

Old 03-14-2011, 12:16 PM
ok.. i just bought these coilovers and had them install despite all these negative reviews about the noise. I was naive in thinking that it won't happen to me and unfortunately it did! I have the new coilover so I do used my stock rubber mounting thing for my rear springs. They noise sounds like it comes from both the front and rear passenger side. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix it?

Old 03-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Received 113 Likes on 103 Posts
what type of noise?

Old 04-28-2011, 03:49 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
on my rear springs are my adjusters suppose to be on top like this one or in the spring bucket?
Originally Posted by Gilley
To me, it looks like the gold part was specifically made to sit right in the spring cup without the need for the rubber piece. I don't see how the rubber piece will work with the gold piece. I think I even tried it, but I don't remember for sure.

Since installing the coilovers, I installed a thin rubber piece between the cup and the gold piece to try to keep it from clunking, but that didn't change anything.

Old 04-28-2011, 01:53 PM
anyone please? i need to know my car was fishtailing bad this mourning in the rain so bad i pulled over and had someone take me to work.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
yes, the rings are correct and suppose to be on top. Are the springs preloaded?...meaning that when you have your car jacked up and wheel off the ground, make sure there isn't any play, rotating or no wiggle with the rear springs by hand?

Also, your alignment could be out of wack when you change ride heights.

Old 04-28-2011, 02:57 PM
i just had it aligned.i have my car on jacks now and im removing the spring just removed the rubber cone.now for the bottom of the spring douse it just sit on bare metal in the spring bucket? i had a shop install my coilover and they installed the springs upside down and didnt remove the rubber cone.and i just found this out. after driving a month like that.swaying back and forth. i litterally thought hmm maybe this is what its like riding on racing susspension.ehhh completley wrong lol

Old 04-30-2011, 10:57 PM
The pics you posted are of the old version coilovers, the new version uses the oem rubber boot base that sit in the bottom of the bucket. The springs should not be be sitting on bare metal in the base. The top of your install looks correct.

Old 04-30-2011, 11:05 PM
So I flipped the springs and the car is still swaying back and forth

Old 05-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Are you talking about the rear springs? If so and your using the newer version of the coilovers, the spring should sit only one way, it gets narrower as it goes to the top and mounts on the adjusting sleeve with a plastic type washer. The adjusting plate gets fitted onto the prongs that are located in the upper bucket. The bottom of the spring sits in the oem rubber seat(Item14 FSM) in the bottom of the bucket.

Here are some pics

Guys with BC coilovers - need help!!-coil-bottom-rubber-seat.jpg

Guys with BC coilovers - need help!!-coil-narrower.jpg

Guys with BC coilovers - need help!!-rear-coil-top.jpg

Old 05-01-2011, 10:50 PM
im still swaying back and forth just alittle not but for some reason myrear tires are spitting tread all over the rear end of my car.tires are bald now too.any idea on how to fix this? sway bars? or what?

Old 05-01-2011, 11:20 PM
I know you said you just had an alignment, but was that before or after you corrected the spring install. If you lowered the car by removing the rubber cone, your alignment will be off. Try measuring from the ground up to the center of the outside fender using the wheel center cap as a guideline and compare it with the specs in the FSM. Mine is an 04 sedan and oem distance is something like 27 3/4" and I'm at 26 1/2. It ate up the tires and even after the alignment I needed to get a rear camber arms and toe bolts.
I think toe is the more serious adjustment to get into spec values. Negative camber will wear the inside of the tires. If the tops of the tire are leaning inward then you have negative camber. I wouldn't go back to the place that did the install wrong, Go to a different place and ask for the tech sheet after the alignment. They may not be able to get you it into specs but you'll be able to see how far off you are.

Old 05-02-2011, 08:56 PM
Yeah the alignment was before the fix.i have camber kit on the rear.why is it swaying back and forth and destroying my tread?

Old 05-02-2011, 10:27 PM
Your alignment will be off and probably toe is also. Toe will rip up the tires fast. Take measurements for height of all four corners as stated in previous post and compare the fronts and then the rears to each other. Adjust the height to your liking but make sure the fronts are the same on each side and the same goes for the back. Then get the car re aligned.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Guys with BC coilovers - need help!!