Ebay sway bars?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 11:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebay sway bars?

Anyone have any experience with those sway bars sold on Ebay? I believe they call them Godspeed. Just curious.

Thanks,
Jeff

Old 07-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
120 is how fast you will be going when they break and you smash into a wall or something. Stay away from those things...

-Sean

Old 07-07-2008, 11:32 PM
Originally Posted by Nismo G
120 is how fast you will be going when they break and you smash into a wall or something. Stay away from those things...

-Sean
Sigh. That's why I'm asking if anyone has any experience with them. I read some of their feedbacks and everyone that left a feedback were happy with the product.

I knew someone would say something along the lines of what you said. Please. None of that. If you don't have any experience with the actual product, please move on.. and I don't drive pass 100 MPH. I'm not a speed racer like some of you.

Old 07-08-2008, 03:26 AM
I just bought a set of Hotchkis sway bars for $300 - $75 (Microsoft cashback 25% off promo) = $225 + $40 shipping = $265 shipped.

BTW, the 25% off thing works for all Ebay items with the Buy-It-Now feature. It should say 25% off somewhere in the checkout pages. If you need more info, Google it. I wasn't too sure if I really wanted the sway bars now, but this made me do it. LOL.

Goodluck.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:03 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nothing from ebay belongs on our cars unless its an oem part bought off there lol

Old 07-08-2008, 11:07 PM
Originally Posted by CreativeDesignZ
nothing from ebay belongs on our cars unless its an oem part bought off there lol
I bought a test pipe for my car from Ebay, and it was just as good, if not better, than a brand name on. So, just because you got it from Ebay doesn't mean it's not any good.

Like I said in my previous post, if you don't have any personal experiences, please don't bother.

Old 07-09-2008, 12:25 AM
no1 on here is dumb enough to buy a part like that off ebay, and ebay test pipes suck IMO and in alot of others. in personal experiences ive had you get what you pay for, and on a luxury sports car nothing from ebay touches mine, but to each his own

Old 07-09-2008, 03:00 AM
no1 on here is dumb enough to buy a part like that off ebay, and ebay test pipes suck IMO and in alot of others. in personal experiences ive had you get what you pay for, and on a luxury sports car nothing from ebay touches mine, but to each his own
I guess you're calling me dumb since I did buy something off of Ebay for my car. Very good. Have you personally purchased a something from Ebay for your car? ..or for anything? You talk as if you've had experience with them, and please don't say I heard this and that.

I asked if anyone has any experience about a particular product that was sold on Ebay. I know some parts off of Ebay are junk, but that doesn't mean that all of them are. Stop generalizing.

Just because some parts are expensive doesn't mean they are the best. I don't care too much about brands. If a particular no-name item performs just as good as a brand name for less than half the price, I'd take the cheaper one. Like I said, I've personally purchased and tested an "Ebay POS" test pipe from Ebay and it worked great. So don't give me that bull****.

I have pricey ARC stuff on my car, Volks, etc.. and some replica stuff. As long as it works well, it's fine by me. Just because I drive a G35 (sports luxury car) doesn't mean I need to buy the most expensive **** for it just because.

I buy the best bang for the buck.. which is why I asked about the sway bars sold on Ebay since I read some feedbacks from people who purchased them, and they had positive stuff to say about the sway bars.. and you come in here saying all this nonsense bull**** that you can't even back up when I specifically asked that you don't.

With that said, IF you had read my posts, I bought a set of Hotchkis sway bars.. since for $225 + shipping, they were the better buy.

By the way, at least I didn't buy a car off of Ebay without inspecting it in person, like you did.

Last edited by vstypicals; 07-09-2008 at 10:06 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:37 AM
Well i dunno what to tell you man, comparing that sway bar to the one you purchased is like comparing a Daewoo to an Infiniti. Ok great. also in my time of searching the forum no1 has ever said anything or raved about these sways and if your purchasing volks and arc stuff and doing things the right way the first time why bother with some ebay knock off brand crap when the obviously u can find a used sway set for a couple bux more. I wasnt trying to be a ***** just show u that u shouldnt waste your time or money looking at crap on ebay because 99% of the stuff on there is junk. And in regards to my car, ive purchased several cars for my family off ebay with no problems whatsoever. And you dont know the situation or what was taken place after that, as the dealer refunded me 3500 so i practically got the car for 19,5 out the door with a 60k warantee and 32k on the clock, fully loaded. so yea that was the only thing i ever semi regret buying on ebay but the car is almost 100% now and will be hitting shows next summer and is mechanically sound so its really not that big of a deal...And for someone with almost 700 posts u should know not to bother with that junk. Also, one more thing, i never called YOU dumb personally so i think u need to read into what i wrote a little more. anyone who buys THAT part (meaning the sway bars) is dumb...a test pipe ok i could live with that its only a pipe with flanges the only thing i would be concerned with are the welds. A sway bar is something put under load and stress every time u get in your car. all im saying if its tried and true it probably is, and well, no1 on here runs them and im sure no1 you know does either so they probably arent good....if you buy them youre going to need Godspeed when driving with them on your car

Last edited by CreativeDesignZ; 07-09-2008 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 10:06 AM
Well i dunno what to tell you man, comparing that sway bar to the one you purchased is like comparing a Daewoo to an Infiniti. Ok great. also in my time of searching the forum no1 has ever said anything or raved about these sways and if your purchasing volks and arc stuff and doing things the right way the first time why bother with some ebay knock off brand crap when the obviously u can find a used sway set for a couple bux more. I wasnt trying to be a ***** just show u that u shouldnt waste your time or money looking at crap on ebay because 99% of the stuff on there is junk. And in regards to my car, ive purchased several cars for my family off ebay with no problems whatsoever. And you dont know the situation or what was taken place after that, as the dealer refunded me 3500 so i practically got the car for 19,5 out the door with a 60k warantee and 32k on the clock, fully loaded. so yea that was the only thing i ever semi regret buying on ebay but the car is almost 100% now and will be hitting shows next summer and is mechanically sound so its really not that big of a deal...And for someone with almost 700 posts u should know not to bother with that junk. Also, one more thing, i never called YOU dumb personally so i think u need to read into what i wrote a little more. anyone who buys THAT part (meaning the sway bars) is dumb...a test pipe ok i could live with that its only a pipe with flanges the only thing i would be concerned with are the welds. A sway bar is something put under load and stress every time u get in your car. all im saying if its tried and true it probably is, and well, no1 on here runs them and im sure no1 you know does either so they probably arent good....if you buy them youre going to need Godspeed when driving with them on your car
Nevermind dude, have a nice day.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:07 PM
SIETESG

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i wondered at one point also about these sway bars, so i called them since the company is local to me.(like right down the street). they are a legit auto shop that also sell's other parts.

I never did purchase the sways or any other part from them. so cant comment on them.
but i bet there is some G or Z owner out there who has there sways, just hasn't commented on them due to embarrasment.