did some brake work today and now my TPMS light is permanently on!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 11:56 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
did some brake work today and now my TPMS light is permanently on!

today, I pulled all of my rotors to get them "turned down" a bit. I had a shake under braking and figured that one of more of the rotors was warped. turned out that just my passenger rear rotor was warped.

also, while I had the front rotors out, I decided to install the optional 2 degree camber plates that come with the SPC front camber/caster arms. I had been running the SPC arms for a long time with no issues, but I like to run as much caster as possible and I couldn't get the camber straight enough with full caster dialed. so, I installed the additonal 2 degree plates and brackets.

anyways, the install was perfectly fine.

the problem I have is that my Tire Pressure Monitoring System light is permanently lit up. It won't go away. I have aftermarket wheels and don't have any TPMS sensors in the wheels. It has been this way for over 3 years. previously, the TPMS light would only come on about about 50 mile of highway (continuous) driving. that was fine, but I don't like having this light on all the time on the dash.

Does anyone have any inight as to the problem? I'm not sure how they could possibly be related? One other note........my battery died while I had the car on the lift and I used my shop charger to charge the battery after the install was done. do you think the TPMS could have shorted out or something similar when the battery died or during charging?

Help! thanks, Andrew