RA Strut Bar Post Sale Feedback

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 09:08 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Scott called me today and said he will be re-making the bracket. He sent me an email to post here on what the problem was so the ones that have the bar and the fitment issues can see. I believe some of you already know from talking to him. Here it goes:

Originally Posted by Scott @ Relentless Autosports
We have figured out what happened to a some of the passenger side brackets, my fabricator made a mistake in the process and used the wrong pick up hole for the C-channel (part that the cross bar fits into) in the passengers side bracket jig.
Throughout the process of perfecting these things in the past, with the very tight underhood tollerences we have made a few revisions to the jigs. It appears that my fabricator at some point in time while taking them up used the wrong pick up point (hole) on the C-channel of the passenger side bracket.

Again let people know that we have found and acknowledged the problem and are in the process of making the new brackets the way they should have been made in the first time. I assure you such a mistake will not happen again.

Again sorry for the inconvience and thanks for your understanding and patience.
i know this doesn't make you fell better, but at least he will be replacing the bracket. That's fair IMO. I guess i no longer have to make a tiny cut under my hood. i think i'm going to go ahead and cut my hood anyway and post a pic so the bashers can cry a little, or have something to flame about.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:13 PM
Red Card Crew

Received 583 Likes on 496 Posts
Would love to know what you ended up with as your suspension choices!

Old 03-26-2009, 09:21 PM
rarejdm.com

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts
I'd like to please ask that the Rare JDM Rear Strut Bar not be dragged into this mess. I have been following along in the other thread, and things got real ugly. We've spent countless hours developing and testing a product that we feel enhances the handling of the G35, and have had nothing but positive feedback from members that have installed the final piece. I am not shy to say that the quality of our welds is excellent, and the piece itself is adjustable so there should not be any issues on fit because of slight variations between cars.

Again, please leave us out of this, and don't compare our rear bar to the RA front bar. If you want to start a new thread reviewing our rear bar, please do... I simply do not want the Rare JDM name to get dragged into or to be associated with another vendors mishap.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G35sedan03
I just got back from work and caught up on all the "finger pointing" and "i told you so" stuff. This is my last suspension mod, actually, next to last. I want ot get that rear bar SDGenius has from rare JDM, maybe the bashers can chime in on that one too. Scott called me today and said he will be re-making the bracket. He sent me an email to post here on what the problem was so the ones that have the bar and the fitment issues can see. I believe some of you already know from talking to him. Here it goes:

We have figured out what happened to a some of the passenger side brackets, my fabricator made a mistake in the process and used the wrong pick up hole for the C-channel (part that the cross bar fits into) in the passengers side bracket jig.
Throughout the process of perfecting these things in the past, with the very tight underhood tollerences we have made a few revisions to the jigs. It appears that my fabricator at some point in time while taking them up used the wrong pick up point (hole) on the C-channel of the passenger side bracket.

Again let people know that we have found and acknowledged the problem and are in the process of making the new brackets the way they should have been made in the first time. I assure you such a mistake will not happen again.

Again sorry for the inconvience and thanks for your understanding and patience.

--Scott @ Relentless Autosports

i know this doesn't make you fell better, but at least he will be replacing the bracket. That's fair IMO. I guess i no longer have to make a tiny cut under my hood. i think i'm going to go ahead and cut my hood anyway and post a pic so the bashers can cry a little, or have something to flame about.

Why are you forced to post for Scott ? Can he not post for himself ? Is he really banned ?

Old 03-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Originally Posted by ToastZ
Why are you forced to post for Scott ? Can he not post for himself ? Is he really banned ?
yes he is banned from this forum for what reason, i could not tell you. i guess the mods can chime in on that.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by zackt69
I'd like to please ask that the Rare JDM Rear Strut Bar not be dragged into this mess. I have been following along in the other thread, and things got real ugly. We've spent countless hours developing and testing a product that we feel enhances the handling of the G35, and have had nothing but positive feedback from members that have installed the final piece. I am not shy to say that the quality of our welds is excellent, and the piece itself is adjustable so there should not be any issues on fit because of slight variations between cars.

Again, please leave us out of this, and don't compare our rear bar to the RA front bar. If you want to start a new thread reviewing our rear bar, please do... I simply do not want the Rare JDM name to get dragged into or to be associated with another vendors mishap.
sorry man, didn't mean to come out that way. I did see you bar this weekend on someone else's car and it looked great. I did have some more questions about it, i'll ask those on the side. Can you pm me your number?

Old 03-26-2009, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Would love to know what you ended up with as your suspension choices!
does it really matter at this point? whatever i ended up choosing, i already have.

Old 03-26-2009, 09:46 PM
yes he is banned from this forum for what reason, i could not tell you. i guess the mods can chime in on that.
Good point, thanks.

Hey Mods, who sets the business ethics for G35driver ?

Old 03-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by ToastZ
Good point, thanks.

Hey Mods, who sets the business ethics for G35driver ?
hey man can you do that on the side, this thread is to resolve the issues with fitment that buyers are currently experiencing and to resolve them. You can start a whole new thread on that topic if you like. If you are chasing something, you can start a thread about it. The admin already said to keep the issue on topic in the last thread.

Old 03-26-2009, 11:16 PM
hey man can you do that on the side, this thread is to resolve the issues with fitment that buyers are currently experiencing and to resolve them. You can start a whole new thread on that topic if you like. If you are chasing something, you can start a thread about it. The admin already said to keep the issue on topic in the last thread.
My bad, I thought the new topic was related to business ethics and how to get resolution on the faulty RA strut bar.

Guess not.

Old 03-27-2009, 01:29 AM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by zackt69

I can personally vouch for the quality of the Rare JDM rear strut bar. Very high quality material and excellent craftsmanship! It's highly doubtful that anyone with an ounce of knowledge will honestly report negative reviews of this bar.

I am in the process of “personalizing” my bar – and car is currently down (due to painfully long wait aesthetic crap) – once the bar is put through its paces from hard, spirited runs I will post my opinion on its performance in appropriate thread.

Personally I think it was poor judgment for OP to bring Rare JDMs rear strut bar into a topic riddled with drama.

Last edited by OCG35; 03-27-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:09 AM
Staff ALUMNI (retired)
Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

^ keep it on topic please

Last edited by InTgr8r; 03-27-2009 at 11:44 AM.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Received 205 Likes on 182 Posts
Thanks for the heads up, i have not gotten an email from scott yet but hope to soon

Old 03-27-2009, 03:22 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by InTgr8r
^ keep it on topic please
keep on topic????? My post referenced what was mentioned in the original post within this thread... it doesn’t get any more "On Topic" than that!

Old 03-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Overglorified Altima
Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by OCG35
keep on topic????? My post referenced what was mentioned in the original post within this thread... it doesn’t get any more "On Topic" than that!
InTgr8r's post was aimed at those members whose posts he deleted because those posts were OT.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: RA Strut Bar Post Sale Feedback