Problem: Left wheel is more tucked in than the right (picture)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jrhykushi
soooo does your problem still exist?
yea...lol

Old 07-21-2010, 04:20 AM
Mine does it too, Im replacing my struts and shocks, springs, replacing the hub on that side and re greasing the axles. Also getting the car aligned again Ill let u know if it still does it.

Old 07-22-2010, 04:05 AM
Eno
Received 219 Likes on 164 Posts
I had an alignment done recently and have a similar problem... one side is quite noticeably tucked in compared to the other. The guy who did my alignment said there was nothing he could do to actually get the one side in spec- so he had to adjust something (not the technical term, I don't think) so that the car was in spec- but would appear on close inspection to be driving at an angle. He said he'd need to take a look at the sub-frame at another time and see if perhaps there was something off there. He had originally asked me if the car had been hit- I bought it used and it's a possibility (though nothing showed up on the carfax- could have been under the table job or something).

Meanwhile, the guy at the tire shop I was at to get my shoes on said it wasn't uncommon... I'm taking it by this thread perhaps it's less common than one would think!

Old 07-27-2010, 01:30 PM
I also have this same problem drivers rear is 3/4 of an inch lower than pass rear think I'm just going to put a spring spacer on that side

Old 07-27-2010, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by nctrnlsilvia
Mine does it too, Im replacing my struts and shocks, springs, replacing the hub on that side and re greasing the axles. Also getting the car aligned again Ill let u know if it still does it.
have u done it??

Old 07-30-2010, 11:54 AM
i.love.gold
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Check your suspension to see if any bushings are worn or ball joints are broken.

Old 07-30-2010, 12:03 PM
how much does that run to fix?

Old 07-30-2010, 12:12 PM
i had the same problem with my car and could not figure it out. my left rear was noticeably lower than the right. i had a body shop look at it and was the front lower control arm that was actually bent but it was very hard to see with the naked eye. even with the part out laying next to the new one it was pretty hard to see. once that part was replaced it sat normal again. hopefully it is something that simple and it fixes your problem.

Old 08-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally, I thought it was just the angle but it seems your bumper and well flares are not symmetrical. In both "problem" pictures, there seems to be some serious symmetry and twisting issues.

Also, the picture you provided of when the tires were aligned does not seem to have the bumper problem.

I attached the pictures with a few drawn lines to show you what I mean with the unevenness and flares.

Edit: Also, I believe if you really wanted to prove this you could find the center-line between the taillights and attach something flush to the front face of each wheel that sticks back far enough to measure to from some center-point on the rear of the car and you will find the distances are in fact equal and the wheels are aligned.

Attached Thumbnails Problem: Left wheel is more tucked in than the right (picture)-misalignment1.jpg   Problem: Left wheel is more tucked in than the right (picture)-misalignment2.jpg  

Last edited by T-Simp; 08-05-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:15 PM
Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts
For sure, that bumper is all jacked up in both pics. It pulls in on the pass. side.

Old 08-05-2010, 12:36 PM
Originally Posted by T-Simp
Originally, I thought it was just the angle but it seems your bumper and well flares are not symmetrical. In both "problem" pictures, there seems to be some serious symmetry and twisting issues.

Also, the picture you provided of when the tires were aligned does not seem to have the bumper problem.

I attached the pictures with a few drawn lines to show you what I mean with the unevenness and flares.

Edit: Also, I believe if you really wanted to prove this you could find the center-line between the taillights and attach something flush to the front face of each wheel that sticks back far enough to measure to from some center-point on the rear of the car and you will find the distances are in fact equal and the wheels are aligned.
hmm do you think a shop can fix this or should i have it replaced?

i appreciate the time you took to analyze my problem btw. thank you!

Old 08-05-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally Posted by frozenmango
hmm do you think a shop can fix this or should i have it replaced?

i appreciate the time you took to analyze my problem btw. thank you!
No problem. I am sure you could get a body shop to do work on it; however, I'm not really sure what you should do, as I don't know much about this issue (how badly its warped) and they could charge you big numbers. You might be better off just getting a new bumper. Checking in the For Sale section I saw a stock rear bumper selling for $225.

I'm probably not the person to ask about that tbh. Maybe someone else here or in the exterior section could give you better advice.

Also, you might want to try to find the underlying problem causing this, in case it has the potential to happen again.