Tein H-Tech (350Z) v. Espelir GT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 03:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein H-Tech (350Z) v. Espelir GT

I've searched a ton and am not getting the answers I'm looking for.

How do they compare comfort wise (I'm assuming the H-Techs are better due to a lower spring rate)? Would I need a camber kit for either? Which is the best match for stock shocks? I know the H-Tech's shift a bit of roll stiffness to the front: would that significantly increase understeer (which could perhaps be countered by a rear sway)?

All I'm looking for is a slight drop that will not require a camber kit and perhaps improves handling a bit of but does not destroy ride quality. I'm about to start tracking my relatively non-frequently, but because the G is my only car, I need it to be livable on the street. I've more or less narrowed it down to the above two choices, but am having a tough time finding real user answers to these questions. Based on how many FS threads popped up for both sets of springs when I performed a search, some of you must have some experience!

Old 09-27-2009, 11:40 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
You should be able to find a lot about the h-techs, the espelir is a lot less common. I'm pretty sure you can get away with not needing any camber or toe kits with the H-techs.

The Espelir drop amount isnt fresh in my head, but I think it's a little less than my cobbs and I only used a rear camber/toe kit, but my installer said I probably didnt need it. He also did mention he didnt bother checking with the stock arms since I brought him the upgraded SPC/eibach kit, anyhow. he just felt the amount of adjustment range available vs used didnt warrant the arms in his opinion, but obviously the harder bushing and future range adjustment options made the part worth keeping and I agreed.

The only bad thing I ever hear about the H-techs is the uneven drop front to rear and uneven drops side to side. The Espelir, supposedly being of higher quality, might reduce that possibility.