Replacing my Upgraded Braking system

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 11:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replacing my Upgraded Braking system

Ok Everyone, been a while since i last visited. Need some feedback from everyone.

In 07 i replaced my stock pads and rotors for my 04 G35 Sedan AT with the brake Pro stage 2 kit( 4 slotted and cross drilled rotors, hawk HPS pads, steel braided line) from everythingg35.com

they have serve me well but the rotors finally are starting to warp. And being that technologies change. My questions are

1. trying save some cash. its there a comparable rotor to the brake pro rotor that has just as good as a reputation but at a better cost?

2. so far the hawk HPS pads have been good but i did notice fade when it rains. Are there better pads i should be looking at, that can provide performance with everyday drivability, with little brake dust and fade

3. do i really need the cross drilled rotors, will i notice that much of a difference between slotted and cross drilled vs. solid rotors? I know they are definitely lighter in weight which is a plus

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated

Old 06-22-2010, 12:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
1. I hear good things about Rotora and centric rotors but don't have any personal experience with them. I plan to get the Rotoras when I need new rotors.

2. Hawk HPS pads suck and you should get them off your car asap. I had them on my car and they were worse than OEM. I have Project Mu NS rear pads and OEM front pads on my car. The Project Mu pads have excellent initial bite and very good pedal feel. I was also looking at the Endless SSY pads as I hear very good things about them also.

3. If you don't track your car, you won't need cross drilled or slotted rotors. I had slotted rotors on my G35 and didn't notice a difference in stopping power with them on.

Originally Posted by exopina
1. trying save some cash. its there a comparable rotor to the brake pro rotor that has just as good as a reputation but at a better cost?

2. so far the hawk HPS pads have been good but i did notice fade when it rains. Are there better pads i should be looking at, that can provide performance with everyday drivability, with little brake dust and fade

3. do i really need the cross drilled rotors, will i notice that much of a difference between slotted and cross drilled vs. solid rotors? I know they are definitely lighter in weight which is a plus

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated

Old 06-22-2010, 09:41 AM
SouthernComfort Moderator
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I discovered that most all shops in Houston refused to turn my slotted rotors.
My new rotors are not slotted and they perform just as well. I do not track my sedan but enjoy spirited driving!

Old 06-22-2010, 09:48 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool thanks for the info. looks like the rotora rotors are comporable in price witht the BrakePro rotors. I am leaning torward purchasing them. I just hope they are just as light in weight. The brake Pro Pillar vane rotors were alot lighter than stock. If not i might just suck it up and buy the same rotors, after all i had them on the car for 3+ years.