Questions about Air Ride suspension ask here

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:31 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
Quick question..

How much would it run me if I were to buy wires,hoses, and the switchbox?

Old 04-06-2011, 01:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
from my experience, don't skimp on those parts. wiring is not really something that will differentiate between quality. as long as it's a decent gauge, and you connect everything you should be fine. Buy a quality air line, something with a good reputation. On my last air ride build (mini truck) i used all stainless steel braided stuff to ensure no issues. do it once and only once was my motto. with fittings and air line you're probably looking at a couple hundred worth of supplies, could be a tad more.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:48 PM
I'm purchasing a used UAS kit without the stuff I listed..would I be able to call Uas and purchase the stuff from them?

Old 04-06-2011, 01:52 PM
Received 158 Likes on 108 Posts
Yeah, you can definitely purchase separately through them. You can also find those from other sites, might be cheaper, not sure. You can check airbagit.com

Old 04-06-2011, 01:56 PM
Thanks for quick response Levon!
Ima hit them up later on the day and see what they charge me..

Old 04-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hoses and fittings were expensive, about 250ish, you can find the switch used. The less fittings the better, and get the good ****. You dont want any pressurized **** blowing around.

Also, kenny i think he waa refering to the EAI that digital air management. They use little brains lol.

Ill check the ptc again, some astrovan didnt give me enough clearance to leave and he was a major blindspot. So i had to hella angle and hopped off the curb.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:40 PM
I can't seem to find the wires on the Uas site..

Old 04-06-2011, 09:49 PM
Honestly just use any wires, just make sure you're using the right gauge. I mean usually I have car harnesses laying around, I take wires off that. Don't buy wires if you got some laying around. I got a whole rsx interior harness in my backyard that I take wires from LOL. And I also got a bunch of other wires laying around from previous cars. I have OCD so all my colors match lol.

Go to a local hose shop in your area, buy the hose there. Buying online is $$ and you don't get to see first hand if things will fit. You only need wiring for the switchbox (switched 12v), valves (12v), and grounding the valves. Oh and the pressure switch, and relay, but that's it.

Relay should have the constant power going into it, then grounds when pressure switch is grounded, then switched 12v to the relay for when the car is turned on and tells the relay to turn on. And power going to the compressor.

Other then that you're fine, I wired my switchbox to a constant 12v cus I dislike turning my car on just to have the car dropped etc. Make sure you fuse everything accordingly, use the right size fuses or else you're gonna have one huge fireball.

***Keep the gauge wires consistent, don't put a 1 gauge on a damn 12 gauge, and then a 4 gauge on a 18 gauge, etc. I fused everything from the switchbox to ignition harness, compressor to relay, relay to battery. And use a multimeter, I tried to do the job without one and I found it was making my job harder then it should be. Took me a few seconds to find that a couple of my wires werent grounded correctly.

Last edited by Choleaoum; 04-06-2011 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
you can use 14g speaker wire for all the valves, use 2-4 guage power wire for the amp power/ground. airline you can either order online for you can go to a big rig store and bu some from them. its the same stuff

Old 04-07-2011, 01:08 AM
and use permatex thread sealer, that teflon tape **** is extremely hard to use. good luck if you attempt it yourself, make sure you find another means of transportation. i was out of commission for a good 3 months because of missing parts, broken parts, parts not in stock, etc. again, thats cus i took my sweet *** time, and **** kept coming up. it was one thing after another with my suspension lol.

i have a extra 10 switch box laying around if you're still looking for a switchbox for cheap $$. it's the HornBlasters one you see around on ebay. it's a toggle switch so theyre alright, i switched over to a rocker.

Old 04-07-2011, 02:50 AM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
if you have everything that you need for the car to bag it. a first timer should be able to do it in a weekend. maybe 3 days. i could easily do it in about 4 hours. it also depends on the tools you have as well though

Old 04-07-2011, 04:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any pictures how everything looks installed.

Old 04-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Xet
Received 171 Likes on 143 Posts
Originally Posted by NMG-4
any pictures how everything looks installed.
+1 Can we get some overall pics of the setup as well as how people are running their lines?

Old 04-07-2011, 10:22 PM
my above post shows the jist of it lmao. i tucked and hid most of my hoses, you kinda have to get creative lol. i strongly recommend a lift, it's almost impossible honestly to do it all under without a lift. but it can be done..

Old 04-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Anh
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by kennymo
post #2 updated with a front setup.

btw the only thing thats missing from my original list for a "front setup" is the bags themselves.
So with the bags now included, I have it at $996. And throw in fittings, it should run about $1100?
How does the kit you suggested run against this kit:
http://avsontheweb.com/product.php?p...501&bestseller

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Questions about Air Ride suspension ask here