Questions about Air Ride suspension ask here

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Old 03-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
awesome. great pickup. cant wait to see pictures once its installed

Old 03-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
need to find an installer now..might hit up shane

Old 03-30-2011, 10:58 PM
if you have any questions about install just let me know. its pretty basic

Old 04-01-2011, 10:07 PM
Anh
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by kennymo
ok this is what i would use if i was you guys. these parts obviously not your only option.

compressor - http://avsontheweb.com/product.php?p...cat=429&page=1

tank - http://avsontheweb.com/product.php?p...cat=327&page=1

airline(60 feet would be a good amount) - http://avsontheweb.com/product.php?p...&cat=42&page=1

valves - http://avsontheweb.com/product.php?p...cat=416&page=1

switch box - (7 switch) - http://avsontheweb.com/home.php?cat=116
(9 switch) - http://avsontheweb.com/home.php?cat=115

rear bags - http://avsontheweb.com/product.php?p...cat=427&page=1

cups so the rear bags can be mounted - http://avsontheweb.com/product.php?p...&cat=35&page=1

pressure switch - http://avsontheweb.com/product.php?p...&cat=26&page=1

will add the rest in a little bit. im getting off the computer and will be on the forum still but on my phone
Alright from my math (not too great) I believe it says this list will only run me $556? And that's EVERYthing you need? Or are there other parts that I'm missing out on? I've been looking at coils for awhile now, and just read through this thread, and now my decision is up in the air...

Old 04-01-2011, 10:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Anh
Alright from my math (not too great) I believe it says this list will only run me $556? And that's EVERYthing you need? Or are there other parts that I'm missing out on? I've been looking at coils for awhile now, and just read through this thread, and now my decision is up in the air...
Front setup is not included in that list. Check post #74.

Kennymo, you may need to add your recommended front setup as well. I'm sure you'll have more people asking about it, as do I.

Old 04-01-2011, 10:57 PM
yea front setup and fittings are NOT included

fittings i can not include because it is literally impossible for me to tell what fittings you will need because i dont know how to plan on hooking up your valves or running you air line.

give me a minute and ill throw up a front setup

Old 04-01-2011, 10:59 PM
post #2 updated with a front setup.

btw the only thing thats missing from my original list for a "front setup" is the bags themselves.

Old 04-02-2011, 01:55 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
****, if anyone needs help installing there air suspension I'd be down to help. In all honesty, the hardest part was routing the hoses. I'm paranoid just incase I wanna tuck frame or if I hit some bad debri on the road, don't want anything caught on my lines.

Name:  IMG_0161.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  153.0 KB

Kenny, would you have done anything differently regarding how I routed the hoses in the rear? I tucked everything inside the covers, used U brackets and bent them to protect the hoses from dragging, and for sharp edges I used silicone and black tape here and there lol.

I would recommend both top and bottom cups for the G35 rear perches if you don't want to deal with drilling lol. I called up AVS and ordered cups they only sent me two, so I used it to mount it against the top of the bag. I drilled a hole in the bottom of the spring perch and bolted the bag down. I got lucky, it was the perfect spot to drill the hole, NO RUBBING, the bag doesn't move and I used grade A bolts.

Note to those who don't have any hardware included, most of my bag setups were standard sizes. I think the only metric size was my gauges made by Viair.

I did notice that on max inflation my bags get really bouncy, I think that's because it's stiff *** hell lol. It feels like my friends Stance coils where its constantly bouncing (not like its blown or anything but just because it's so stiff) I was on the smog machine, my rears were bouncing about 1 - 2 cm's.

Name:  IMG_0171.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  79.1 KB

When I'm lower, my ride gets softer.

Name:  IMG_0160.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  113.1 KB

Here are my rear bags installed D25's with only a top cup. Funny, I tried to install my cups inside down last time.. but yeah once I came to my senses, you have to get a fat dremel to cut threw that steel. I cut about 2 inches off the cup so I can make room for the hoses to be routed.

I highly recommend you guys get a professional to do any custom fabbing, drilling, cutting because I busted my hand with the dremel and it was no joke. The debri of the steel came at me and that **** hurts like hell. Wear long sleeves, goggles, the whole works when cutting. Don't thug it out like I did because I still have small scars here & there lol.

Last edited by Choleaoum; 04-02-2011 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey kenny, I hopped off a curb today and my air suspension in the rear made a PSSH PSSSH noise in the trunk and then completely deflated. I inflated it back up with my switch, but what caused that? And should I be worried?

Old 04-03-2011, 09:15 PM
Received 82 Likes on 58 Posts
picking up a used uas kit..what should i inspect before i take it to get installed?

Old 04-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Originally Posted by Choleaoum
Hey kenny, I hopped off a curb today and my air suspension in the rear made a PSSH PSSSH noise in the trunk and then completely deflated. I inflated it back up with my switch, but what caused that? And should I be worried?

what the hell did you hop off a curb for? haha

but im guessing maybe it was way to much pressure coming down on the bag and you might not have the airline seated all the way in the fitting so it might have pushes the air out the weakest link.

Old 04-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by JON-UGH-10
picking up a used uas kit..what should i inspect before i take it to get installed?
inspect on the kit?

make sure the bags are cracked or weathered to badly. take the valves and take one wire to the pos bat terminal and tap the other wire on the neg and you should hear a click from the valve. that click will tell you that its working. (doesnt matter which wire you use for the pos or neg. they are interchangable) same thing with the compressors. touch the wires to the battery and it should turn on. if you can i would order some new airline just because i never liked using used airline.

Old 04-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
this is getting more and more appealing. got some 20's today and this would look KILLER

Old 04-04-2011, 05:20 AM
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
can you give brief directions on how to install? what wire do you need to solder for the brain

Old 04-04-2011, 01:30 PM
what? no wires need to be saldered and what brain? there is no brain

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average.

Quick Reply: Questions about Air Ride suspension ask here