Stabilizer connecting rod not connected

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2012, 10:56 AM
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Stabilizer connecting rod not connected

Hey guys,
A few days ago, I changed out all my springs with the Eibach Pro Kit and on the front passenger side I took out the bolt that connected the stabilizer connecting rod to the lower arm, when I was all finished and I tried to put that bolt back in, it wouldn't go in. I assumed it was stripped or something so I put it in as much as I could and I drove to Infiniti to get it checked out. When I got there I took a look at it and the whole end link was disconnected and the bolt wasn't there, but I wasn't getting any clunking noises when turning my wheel. I tried to get Infiniti service to help me but it turns out they "weren't taking any more appointments" at 1pm on a Saturday. I made an appointment for this Tuesday.My question is do you guys think it's OK to drive a little bit (since I have to go to work and back) with the endlink not connected? I'm gonna go over to pepboys and see if they can put it back in and bolt it down (since only Pepboys is open on a Sunday).

Sorry for the long post but I needed to give some background details

Old 09-09-2012, 05:25 PM
I drove ttrank's car solo

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,221 Posts
G35 sedan w/ too much money in mods
You'll be fine for a little while but I wouldn't drive it like that for more than a couple of days. If you installed your springs yourself, you should be able to fix the endlink. Just jack up your car, put some load on your suspension (I'd recommend putting the jack under the wheel hub and slowly lifting the hub) and you should be able to slip the endlink bolt back into the lower control arm and put the nut back on.

Old 09-09-2012, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Blue Dream
You'll be fine for a little while but I wouldn't drive it like that for more than a couple of days. If you installed your springs yourself, you should be able to fix the endlink. Just jack up your car, put some load on your suspension (I'd recommend putting the jack under the wheel hub and slowly lifting the hub) and you should be able to slip the endlink bolt back into the lower control arm and put the nut back on.
Alright, I lost the bolt though since it fell off while driving. I'll try to find one at Pepboys or something..the only thing is I don't know if I stripped the bolt or the nut. I'll find out soon though.

Old 09-09-2012, 06:04 PM
it's part number 14 in this picture if anyone's interested (directly in the middle of the picture) -

Old 09-09-2012, 06:41 PM
Received 770 Likes on 604 Posts
You'll be fine with normal driving. One of mine has been disconnected for over a month now.

Old 09-09-2012, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by herrschaft
You'll be fine with normal driving. One of mine has been disconnected for over a month now.
Oh wow, alright, yeah I'll get another bolt soon and put it in.

Old 09-10-2012, 01:30 AM
Former G35driver Vendor
Received 71 Likes on 60 Posts
you might need to buy a replacement for it if the threads are screwed up - its like $20 per endlink.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:22 AM
Originally Posted by Tolboothwilley™
you might need to buy a replacement for it if the threads are screwed up - its like $20 per endlink.
Yeah if the new bolt doesn't go in then I will have to, Infiniti quoted me $53 for a new one -_-