Infiniti Dealer Alignment & Camber Adjustment

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:24 AM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Ivory Pearl G35 Coupe
Infiniti Dealer Alignment & Camber Adjustment

Good morning everyone,
I bought some Kumho Ecsta LE Sport XL for my G coupe and had them installed at Infiniti of Charlotte. After installation of the new tires the Infiniti service rep said that I needed an alignment ($89.00) and camber adjustment ($120) to keep the tires from wearing out super fast. I called the East Charlotte Nissan and told the service rep what needed to be serviced and he qouted me $79.00 flat which includes camber, toe, caster, and alignment. I then called back to Charlotte Infiniti and the rep told me he doesn't think Nissan is going to do what Infiniti is going to do. He said that drilling would be necessary. Am I missing something here?

Old 08-29-2013, 08:26 AM
Received 351 Likes on 302 Posts
Coupe, Premium package, sport suspension
In for enlightenment

Old 08-29-2013, 08:28 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,030 Likes on 947 Posts
Me too!

Old 08-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
Pretty sure the Nissan dealer is going to do the same thing as the Infiniti dealer would... Infiniti service is just a marked up price for Nissan service. You could get the alignment and adjustment at any mechanic/tire shop and I'm sure they'd know what they're doing too.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Ivory Pearl G35 Coupe
But why would Infiniti give me two separate service prices (Camber Adjustment $120 and Alignment $89) and Nissan give me one flat fee of $79.95 for both? My concern is that there may be some special way of handling a G35's alignment that Nissan isn't aware of. Cost of services isn't an issue, I just don't want to waste money.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:10 AM
Received 65 Likes on 58 Posts
Maybe the Infiniti dealer is thinking you want replacement camber arms and bolts... those usually run for around that price? Not entirely sure.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:17 AM
Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Jyounya
But why would Infiniti give me two separate service prices (Camber Adjustment $120 and Alignment $89) and Nissan give me one flat fee of $79.95 for both? My concern is that there may be some special way of handling a G35's alignment that Nissan isn't aware of. Cost of services isn't an issue, I just don't want to waste money.
I used to get my alignments done at Nissan when my car was stock and paid a flat $110. I take it to a performance shop now that I have coilovers. You can trust that Nissan will do the same quality work as Infiniti but for much cheaper.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:20 AM
Ivory Pearl G35 Coupe
That does sound about right. I'll call Infiniti of Charlotte and find out what the "$120 Camber Adjustment" details. I'll post his response.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:01 AM
Received 168 Likes on 149 Posts
Good morning everyone,
I bought some Kumho Ecsta LE Sport XL for my G coupe and had them installed at Infiniti of Charlotte. After installation of the new tires the Infiniti service rep said that I needed an alignment ($89.00) and camber adjustment ($120) to keep the tires from wearing out super fast. I called the East Charlotte Nissan and told the service rep what needed to be serviced and he qouted me $79.00 flat which includes camber, toe, caster, and alignment. I then called back to Charlotte Infiniti and the rep told me he doesn't think Nissan is going to do what Infiniti is going to do. He said that drilling would be necessary. Am I missing something here?
I wouldn't take it to infiniti if there is drilling involved? WTF? drilling in a wheel alignment. F* that. Only time you need drilling is if you get aftermarket rear camber kit and installing the rear toe bolts.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:14 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
An alignment will adjust both camber, caster and toe. It will normally cost 80-100 at most shops. They will even provide you with a print out of everything before and after.

Unless you lowered your car or changed rim/tire size, you camber shouldn't have to be adjusted. The extra 120 sounds like they are going to replace your camber arms. Unless you are lowered, you will not require a camber kit.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:17 AM
Ivory Pearl G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by HenryLee
I wouldn't take it to infiniti if there is drilling involved? WTF? drilling in a wheel alignment. F* that. Only time you need drilling is if you get aftermarket rear camber kit and installing the rear toe bolts.
That's what confused me. I called Infiniti and left a voice message, I'll ask why drilling is involved.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Received 995 Likes on 727 Posts
That's what confused me. I called Infiniti and left a voice message, I'll ask why drilling is involved.
Installation of some camber kits does require drilling/cutting the control arm mount to provide clearance for the cam bolt.

Are you lowered?

Old 08-29-2013, 01:05 PM
Premier Member

Received 468 Likes on 379 Posts
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
An alignment will adjust both camber, caster and toe. It will normally cost 80-100 at most shops. They will even provide you with a print out of everything before and after.

Unless you lowered your car or changed rim/tire size, you camber shouldn't have to be adjusted. The extra 120 sounds like they are going to replace your camber arms. Unless you are lowered, you will not require a camber kit.
At that price (thinking of dealer markup) it sounds like they're just replacing the eccentric bolts, which would require "drilling" ie: elongating the adjustment holes.

It's kind of odd that they would just do it without explaining up front what was involved. This confusion and price checking could've been avoided if the rep simply said something allong the lines of "alignment is $x amount, but I also highly recommend replacing these bolts with ones that will allow us a more accurate adjustment for you, and that costs $120 if you want it."

Old 08-29-2013, 01:14 PM
Ivory Pearl G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee
Installation of some camber kits does require drilling/cutting the control arm mount to provide clearance for the cam bolt.

Are you lowered?
I bought my GCoupe last year about 9 months ago. I can tell who ever had it before me did some modifications, but I'm not sure to what extent. I can't tell if it's lowered or not. It looks stock height to me. Wish I had a picture ready to show.

Old 08-29-2013, 01:39 PM
Ivory Pearl G35 Coupe
Originally Posted by LoSt180
At that price (thinking of dealer markup) it sounds like they're just replacing the eccentric bolts, which would require "drilling" ie: elongating the adjustment holes.

It's kind of odd that they would just do it without explaining up front what was involved. This confusion and price checking could've been avoided if the rep simply said something allong the lines of "alignment is $x amount, but I also highly recommend replacing these bolts with ones that will allow us a more accurate adjustment for you, and that costs $120 if you want it."
Ok, just got off the phone with the Infiniti of Charlotte. That's exactly what's going on here. He said they'll drill out the sub-frame to elongate adjustment holes...(LoSt180 if you're "Bob" from Infiniti of Charlotte, it's a fight!!!!). He explained if anyone performs an alignment on my car without doing this, they are wasting their time. So $210 Alignment and Camber Adj. and I get a loaner car (& possible car wash) free of charge.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Infiniti Dealer Alignment & Camber Adjustment