Brake Vdc and slip light! dealer keeps saying theres nothing wrong

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-24-2014, 10:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brake Vdc and slip light! dealer keeps saying theres nothing wrong

Before i get **** for this thread let me just say i looked every where on the forum and internet and couldn't find an answer even the dealer says there's nothing wrong with my car i have a 2005 g35x and lately those stupid three lights keep coming on and and every time i have to keep adding brake fluid for a temporary fix and all i can i keep finding on the forums is that brake pads are worn out but when i took it to the dealer they said that they still have a bit of life left since my front brakes are at 7mm and my rears are at 6mm and that there is "no leaks" in the break lines even though iv'e had to fill up the brake fluid reservoir 4 times in a week they still keep saying they can guarantee me that there is nothing wrong and now when i woke up today the brake pedal went all the way in and barely stopped the car from moving and they kept saying they checked for stored codes on the computer and nothing stored and since im not really a hands on guy im stuck in a shitty situation any info would be appreciated

Old 01-24-2014, 12:11 PM
Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts
Originally Posted by Giovanni_g35x
Before i get **** for this thread let me just say i looked every where on the forum and internet and couldn't find an answer even the dealer says there's nothing wrong with my car i have a 2005 g35x and lately those stupid three lights keep coming on and and every time i have to keep adding brake fluid for a temporary fix and all i can i keep finding on the forums is that brake pads are worn out but when i took it to the dealer they said that they still have a bit of life left since my front brakes are at 7mm and my rears are at 6mm and that there is "no leaks" in the break lines even though iv'e had to fill up the brake fluid reservoir 4 times in a week they still keep saying they can guarantee me that there is nothing wrong and now when i woke up today the brake pedal went all the way in and barely stopped the car from moving and they kept saying they checked for stored codes on the computer and nothing stored and since im not really a hands on guy im stuck in a shitty situation any info would be appreciated
Take the car to a different Infinitit dealer or a Nissan dealer, you obviously have a problem. Sounds like it may be an ABS or master cylinder leak.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:43 PM
just made an appointment at a different dealer for today hopefully they figure it out and don't just take my money and send me on my way like the other dealer did

Old 01-24-2014, 12:54 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There is DEFINITELY something wrong

Take your car to another dealer or even Minekie. Clearly you have a leak somewhere. Brake fluid can last 2yrs in your car with normal wear without getting to the "min" level even with progressively thinning pads. Have a friend press on the pedal while you look around the master cylindar see if there are any leaks. .If you have the tools, jack her up and look at each of the lines. 4X in a week?? there is no way possible that it is NOT a leak!!

Old 01-24-2014, 01:10 PM
I just dropped it off at a different dealer and got a loaner but they wont' be getting to it for a few days so i won't know whats wrong with it till next week just glad i got into to a loaner asap cause driving in the snow with no traction control is a pain especially with temp getting to -20 yesterday and with no brakes.

Old 01-24-2014, 02:03 PM
Received 444 Likes on 315 Posts
That's pretty negligent on their part.

Customer takes car in for a safety related item (brakes)

Dealership states brakes are fine and returns car to customer

Customer is not able to stop and runs through a traffic light after leaving the dealership because the brakes are malfunctioning causing an accident

Law suit

Old 01-24-2014, 02:56 PM
Yeah and to make it worse i bought the car and warranty from them never going back to that dealer again after this

Old 01-24-2014, 08:15 PM
Received 375 Likes on 296 Posts
Subscribed for outcome. Which dealership told you nothing was wrong?

Old 01-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Its Luther infiniti in Bloomington Minnesota

Old 01-27-2014, 11:31 AM
Just got a call back from the dealer and they said its a bad front left caliper

Old 01-28-2014, 12:07 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got a call back from the dealer and they said its a bad front left caliper
"Bad" how? I assume they found it leaking somewhere? I'd still be looking to sue.. "nothing wrong" is completely unacceptable. At least you know what's wrong with it. A new caliper is not too hard of a job for a DIYer.. just make sure that she system is COMPLETELY bled at all 4 corners, not just the new caliper, whoever does the job.