Brembo Retrofits!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 12:18 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by yosip1115
http://www.tceperformanceproducts.com/350z/g35/kits-9/

Tod is a good guy, he'll take care of you guys...

I didn't mention that my michelin pilot super sports were rubbing on my rear fender so I haven't driven yet with the new kit... I'll throw some pics up tonight when I'm rolling the fenders some more... I went with black calipers and slotted rotors.

Others have described this kit as overkill unless you are tracking the car. The rotors are 14" in front, same as akebono but they weigh 19 pounds as opposed to 30 (2 piece akebonos are available, but everybody has akebonos)

The calipers weigh maybe 2 pounds each...

I don't regret my decision at all, I would have if I went brembo or akebono.

Guys with brembos call them brownbos because after some time at the track they overheat and become discolored... The benefit to them is they are very light but like you said they lack in contact area and the rotors don't have much to them to absorb heat.

Did I mention you don't have to remove the calipers to change out the pads?

Overall this kit will give you better stopping power than akebonos, better looks, and significant weight savings for the same cost (assuming you went with two piece rotors from z1 for the akebono's)
I wonder if STI/EVOx/Genesis Brembo's can be retrofitted onto our cars... Hmmmmm

Old 03-25-2016, 12:36 AM
Received 99 Likes on 81 Posts
Originally Posted by LOLmustangLOL
I wonder if STI/EVOx/Genesis Brembo's can be retrofitted onto our cars... Hmmmmm
How about CTS-V BBK's? Someone just made adapters for the 350z/G35. Only bad thing is in order to fit the bracket you would need to remove a substantial amount of material from the steering knuckle. These would look sweet tho

Facebook Page is "CTSV Brake Swap" in case any of yall are interested in reading more about it, also the maker is asking for feedback before sending these into production.

Brembo Retrofits!-u7vmj2f.jpg

Old 03-25-2016, 12:55 AM
Received 178 Likes on 140 Posts
damn. thats even more material getting shaved off than the 17z swap

Old 03-25-2016, 02:25 AM
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by JG_G35
How about CTS-V BBK's? Someone just made adapters for the 350z/G35. Only bad thing is in order to fit the bracket you would need to remove a substantial amount of material from the steering knuckle. These would look sweet tho

Facebook Page is "CTSV Brake Swap" in case any of yall are interested in reading more about it, also the maker is asking for feedback before sending these into production.

if only you didn't need to shave the material off the knuckle ;'( I would've done this already lol...

there HAS to be an alternative! I really like the EvoX or Genesis Brembo's? They may be 4/2 pot but they look nice and beefy compared to ours.

Has anyone looked into it??