Brembo brake pads? - Page 2 - G35Driver - Infiniti G35 & G37 Forum Discussion

Brembo brake pads?

Old 04-16-2018, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG View Post
$150 isn't expensive for pads? That's just for the fronts. I can understand if you track the car but for a daily driver that's an expensive brake pad imo. Maybe they used to be cheaper. Then again, you can't put a price on safety
Do a little Googling and you can find them for a good bit less. For example, they are $120 on TH Motorsports right now.

And yes I suppose if you don't drive the car hard then you can go cheaper, but with Brembos made for the track, what's the point of going cheap? Also, I tend not to skimp on brakes or tires.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:01 PM
Originally Posted by G35fromPA View Post
Do a little Googling and you can find them for a good bit less. For example, they are $120 on TH Motorsports right now.

And yes I suppose if you don't drive the car hard then you can go cheaper, but with Brembos made for the track, what's the point of going cheap? Also, I tend not to skimp on brakes or tires.
The 05+ brakes perform just as well as the brembos. They certainly don't look as nice, but you're not giving up any performance. They stopped the brembo line because customers were complaining about brake dust and cost

Old 04-16-2018, 12:12 PM
Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG View Post
The 05+ brakes perform just as well as the brembos. They certainly don't look as nice, but you're not giving up any performance. They stopped the brembo line because customers were complaining about brake dust and cost
On the street in everyday conditions and a single stop, that's true, but the Brembo discs are larger diameter and thicker than those on the '05+, so they stand up better to heat on the track and in hard driving.

And I'm well aware of why Infiniti did away with the Brembos. But having owned my '04 from new, I never had any issues with noise or dust (dust is part of the equation for high performance braking), and the cost wasn't reallya big issue 2 years after because of the aftermarket. Centric makes a great set of blanks for the Brembos that are not expensive.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by FreshLikeAG
Dont have brembos but just from being on here you see a lot of peop!e talk about hawk hps but complain about the cold bite they have. Any brake pad is going to perform best warm. Project mu are popular but pricey. Someone recently put on stoptech street peerformance pads and were happy with them over the akebonos
My pads were for the 05+ sport brakes which are non-Brembo. They make a compound for Brembo and I would buy those in a heartbeat if I wanted great street pads on a budget.

OP, if you don't want dust but sacrifice performance go ceramic. If you want performance metallic is where it's at.

HAWK is a compromise because it's a ceramic and can only really work when warm. SQUEEAAKKKKK When cold lol.

Old 04-16-2018, 12:40 PM
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
My pads were for the 05+ sport brakes which are non-Brembo. They make a compound for Brembo and I would buy those in a heartbeat if I wanted great street pads on a budget.

OP, if you don't want dust but sacrifice performance go ceramic. If you want performance metallic is where it's at.

HAWK is a compromise because it's a ceramic and can only really work when warm. SQUEEAAKKKKK When cold lol.
Those StopTech Street Performance do look appealing and I probably would have given them a try if I had kept my G.

Old 04-16-2018, 06:09 PM
I know I'm gonna catch a lot of hate here, but y'all dumb af if yer spending $150 on a set of pads if your car doesn't see track time. The highest end duralast (gold) pads for Brembos are $40/fronts. I promise you'll be able to stop at that light yer pulling up to.

Old 04-16-2018, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by ScraggleRock View Post
I know I'm gonna catch a lot of hate here, but y'all dumb af if yer spending $150 on a set of pads if your car doesn't see track time. The highest end duralast (gold) pads for Brembos are $40/fronts. I promise you'll be able to stop at that light yer pulling up to.
No hate. I don't disagree with you. If you're just DD'ing the car, then Duralasts are plenty fine. Just don't expect them to stand up to those times when you really want to push it or hit up the local auto-x. For me personally, I like knowing I have a large margin of error even if I'm not tracking a car. That being said, I would likely swap pads for a track day anyway, LOL.

Old 04-16-2018, 08:28 PM
Originally Posted by G35fromPA View Post
No hate. I don't disagree with you. If you're just DD'ing the car, then Duralasts are plenty fine. Just don't expect them to stand up to those times when you really want to push it or hit up the local auto-x. For me personally, I like knowing I have a large margin of error even if I'm not tracking a car. That being said, I would likely swap pads for a track day anyway, LOL.
Brakes are for wussies anyway. Never use em. I've had front pads last 100k miles. Haha

Old 04-20-2018, 04:41 PM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by gary c View Post
You can go to our Marketplace under Vendor Classified then brakes and find a vendor selling HAWK HPS brake pads that they make for Brembo brakes. I've been using those pads for 50K+ miles without issues and very little brake dust!
Gary
Which ones? My hawk pads for my Brembos give off orange dust, I hate them

Old 04-20-2018, 09:57 PM
Originally Posted by Frankieg35
Which ones? My hawk pads for my Brembos give off orange dust, I hate them
Stop tech sport is black dust, and stops so fast!

Old 04-22-2018, 09:52 PM
Premier Member
I just got some Project Mu NS, I've read good things

Last edited by Frankieg35; 04-28-2018 at 09:39 PM.
Old 04-23-2018, 01:44 PM
I'd hope so for a $100 set of pads . Enjoy them.

Old 04-24-2018, 08:36 PM
Premier Member
Originally Posted by Urbanengineer View Post
I'd hope so for a $100 set of pads . Enjoy them.
I'm a baller