2005 G35X ABS, VDC off, and Slip Light Problem

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2018, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Infiniti G35x
2005 G35X ABS, VDC off, and Slip Light Problem

Hi everyone,

I am new to this fourm but I have used it for a while to do research before buying my G35 and I have to say I love how passionate everyone is about the platform and I am so glad to be apart of the family!

I have been having some problem on my 2005 G35x AT recently where the ABS, VDC off, and Slip Light are turned on. I have researched this issue on the fourm but my symptom don't seem to match anything else on the fourm.

These lights usually turn on after I pull out of the parking lot (like 2 minutes after driving), The ABS pump has a continuous buzzing sound after the lights turn on. I found that if I restart the car, and put it in reverse and roll back ~ 2 meters it will turn off the pump but the lights will stay on. Then after I restart the car and start driving the lights shut off right away until the next time I start the car and then the cycle continues.

So far, I have topped off all the fluids and checked my brake pads which still have plenty of life 6mm rear, 9mm in the front. When I attempted to scan it with an OBDII scanner I did not have any codes that popped up. I also disconnected the battery but all of that has not fixed my issue yet. After doing some more research people suggest it could be the ABS relay or a wheel speed sensor. If anyone else has had this issue or any suggestions that would be awesome!

Old 11-13-2018, 06:38 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
usually when this happens it's because the person was low on brake fluid. Sounds like you've already checked all that though so this is a strange case indeed. was your car in an accident or anything like that prior to the lights coming up? I'm wondering if some electronics may be busted...

Old 11-13-2018, 10:22 PM
Infiniti G35x
No accidents, the first time I remembered it happening was some random day after going to the grocery store. At this point I don't know where to go from here.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:11 PM
BANNED!!!

Received 2,456 Likes on 2,150 Posts
Coupe 6MT Premium RAS
If the ABS relay is still engaged when you stop the vehicle then it's probably stuck. Park the vehicle, open the hood, and take something and tap on the relay, you'll need to use a screwdriver or something otherwise you'll just be hitting the wiring harness. There's a good chance the vibration will unstick the relay, if it works then you just need to buy a new relay.

If that doesn't work then something is probably wrong with the wheel sensors. Unfortunately it will take the Consult-II software at the dealership to actually see what's engaging the system but an hour of diagnostic time at Nissan is usually cheaper than throwing parts at the car.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:01 PM
G35x
Might be the brake fluid level sensor, which is a $30 or so part.

Infiniti part no. 4604864J21

I don't have the ABS pump problem, but do have the VDC off, Slip and BRAKE light problem, which was intermittent and now basically every drive. Going to top off the brake fluid tonight (it's dead middle, going to fill to MAX) and I ordered that part. We shall see. Pads and rotors are new and in good shape, so we shall see. No idea how to remove the part, will inspect later, but if anyone has suggestions on the install please let me know. It's on the bottom of the master cylinder / brake fluid reservoir. Electrical connection comes off no problem, just no time to inspect the actual sensor.

-Dan

Old 11-14-2018, 05:31 PM
Infiniti G35x
Did the test with hitting the relay with a screwdriver and it does shut off! However, when I start the car up next time, and roll a couple of feet the lights turn off for 2 seconds then back on and the pump get back to buzzing. So is this the symptoms of a bad ABS relay?

Old 11-14-2018, 11:53 PM
G35x
Fixed

Originally Posted by Rider14
Might be the brake fluid level sensor, which is a $30 or so part.

Infiniti part no. 4604864J21

I don't have the ABS pump problem, but do have the VDC off, Slip and BRAKE light problem, which was intermittent and now basically every drive. Going to top off the brake fluid tonight (it's dead middle, going to fill to MAX) and I ordered that part. We shall see. Pads and rotors are new and in good shape, so we shall see. No idea how to remove the part, will inspect later, but if anyone has suggestions on the install please let me know. It's on the bottom of the master cylinder / brake fluid reservoir. Electrical connection comes off no problem, just no time to inspect the actual sensor.

-Dan
I topped off the brake fluid and the lights are gone. Love this place.

Will ll try to cancel the part order, but if it comes anyway I’ll replace it and syphon out some fluid and see if the lights still turn on. Maybe the source of the problem is worn down level sensors?

Who knows m, I’m just very glad the lights are no longer bothering me.