Sway Bar Summary!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Old 08-29-2005, 10:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So what setting are most of the Hotchkis guys using, and how's the drive?

Old 09-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Banned
how are the progressive rear sway bars? or which company do you recommend, i am only looking for a rear sway since i cant use the front bar, i have a X.how are the EVO ones? but the bars arent listed anymore on their site.dont want to get stillens since the front bar will be useless to me and they onlky sell both together.and do the GREX lower bars fit the sedan?

Last edited by killerlexus; 09-04-2005 at 05:08 PM.
Old 09-05-2005, 07:45 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by DannoG35
Since you mention craking an crumbling, do the aftermarket polyuethane bushings ever wear out? I know we use them because they are better than the stock rubber ones but how much longer do they last.

Additionally in reguards to the Stillens, I haven't ordered yet and I am wondering where I can get them the cheapest. thanks
The stock rubber bushings will take many many years to wear out/crack & crumble... Poly will last longer - neither will wear out before you sell the car (and a long time after that). Poly is stiffer and should offer less mushy cornering (more than likely not all that noticeable though).

Old 09-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Has anyone listed the stock dimensions? coupe, sedan, performance package, AWD, production years, diffrences?

Old 09-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Eibachs diameters wrong on front page?

I just bought a set of eibach sways and it lists the bar diameters as follows:

EIBACH SWAY BAR SET (34MM ADJ., 22MM ADJ.)

Possibly a difference between the sedan and coupe or just a typo ? Plez fix! tnx!

-drew-

Old 09-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by killerlexus
how are the progressive rear sway bars? or which company do you recommend, i am only looking for a rear sway since i cant use the front bar, i have a X.how are the EVO ones? but the bars arent listed anymore on their site.dont want to get stillens since the front bar will be useless to me and they onlky sell both together.and do the GREX lower bars fit the sedan?
Check this thread for a sale on the Progress sways. Can be purchased individually too. https://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65661

Old 09-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Drewer
I just bought a set of eibach sways and it lists the bar diameters as follows:

EIBACH SWAY BAR SET (34MM ADJ., 22MM ADJ.)

Possibly a difference between the sedan and coupe or just a typo ? Plez fix! tnx!

-drew-
Thanks for the heads up. I corrected the summary post.

Old 09-14-2005, 12:37 AM
Administrator
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was just told by a fellow with the Nismo Sway bar, that he and his buddy (with Hotchkis), had to replace their end links as the stiffer bars stressed the stock end links and they started to get noisy. So is it advisable to replace the end links, or will the OEM end links do fine?

I'm thinking about the Stillen Sways, but the Progress pricing looks awfully tempting. Any opinions? Looks like the Progress bars don't have bushing stops (like the Hotchkis) according to the picture: So do they need the collars as well?

Old 09-14-2005, 02:16 AM
You can probably find appropriately sized collars for the Progress bars, just like some people use on the Hotchkis. As for the endlinks, I'm surprised that most of the sway bar kits for the Z/G DON'T include them. Some of them must though, but I'm not sure which ones...

Old 09-14-2005, 01:04 PM
Gordgee, it could be possible that the endlinks were not attached to the sway bar correctly, either by improper torquing of the bolt or it was crooked going in. The service manual has a little picture that points out not to have it crooked. Just a thought...

Old 09-14-2005, 09:40 PM
Administrator
Thanks for the replies.

I guess the Progress bars do have welded on collars (not pictured).
Originally Posted by P_Diddy
Gordgee, it could be possible that the endlinks were not attached to the sway bar correctly, either by improper torquing of the bolt or it was crooked going in. The service manual has a little picture that points out not to have it crooked. Just a thought...
So, I'm assuming that most here have had no problems, even in the longer term, just using the OEM end links? What is the proper torque range for the bolts? TIA

Old 09-15-2005, 02:53 PM
REAR: 41 ft-lb for the nuts that attach the sway bar to the endlinks.
FRONT: 65 ft-lb

There is thread somewhere on the forum that has links to the electronic service manual, which is useful.

Old 09-15-2005, 11:53 PM
Administrator
Thanks. So the consensus is that it's okay in the long term to just use the OEM endlinks?

I think I'm going with the Stillens.

Old 09-15-2005, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by Gordgee
Thanks. So the consensus is that it's okay in the long term to just use the OEM endlinks? I think I'm going with the Stillens.
Go with Stillens - a lot of people swear by them, and I've seen them in person - QUALITY product.

Old 09-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Originally Posted by johnadlertech
Has anyone listed the stock dimensions? coupe, sedan, performance package, AWD, production years, diffrences?
id like to know the stock numbers as well. it would be easier to tell what bars add understear or which add overstear.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.

Quick Reply: Sway Bar Summary!