Tein S Techs VS. Other Springs

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
350z H Techs VS. Espelir Springs

ok, i wanna lower my 05 6mt real bad. I was thinking of going with 350z tein H techs but i wanna make sure of a couple of things before i purchase so i would greatly appreciate your guys help.

ok right now i am in a big dilemma between 350z Htechs and the Espelir for the G.

-between the two what are the drop in inches? better looking drop?
-between the two which would be easier to align into stock suspension specs?
-between the two which would give better ride/comfort?

all help is appreciated

Last edited by G_Ride35; 12-04-2005 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:39 PM
From what I've read on these forums:

- the espelirs (G35) will drop you around .9/.8 (f/r) and the H-Techs will drop you .8/.7(f/r). That is based on observations - the Espelirs are only supposed to be around .5/.5 (f/r)...
- the H-techs will give you a closer to stock alignment (assuming less drop)
- The H-techs are advertised stiffer than stock, but significantly softer than the advertised rates of the Espelirs. Most people seem to like the ride on both.

I'm kinda hung on both too. I think I'm gonna try the H-techs first and go from there...

Last edited by CrazyMike; 12-05-2005 at 10:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2005, 11:08 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to know too.

Old 12-08-2005, 02:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i'm aslo going w/ the h-tech and also tokico d-specs both for the 350z

Old 12-11-2005, 11:10 PM
i really need to know which springs im gonna get!

damn it, i am so confused guys!!! i am leaning torwards the espelir gt springs for the G35 but at the same time i want the 350z h techs!

so i am assuming the 350z h techs will be easier to align back to stock suspension specs. compared to the espelir gt springs for the G35. Ok, if so will the espelir gt springs not be that close to stock specs?

which springs would give a more comfortable ride as well?

Old 12-11-2005, 11:56 PM
I got my 350z H-techs installed this weekend and aligned right away. I measured my drop to be 3/4" up front and 1/2" in the rear. The front negative camber was increased by 0.6 degrees so now I'm at about -1.4 degrees up front. The rears ended up at -1.8, but I asked them to dial in about -2.0 to manage throttle-on oversteer. The toe alignment was no problem.

I can't really feel any big difference in ride quality. I think they feel a bit stiffer than stock, but it is pretty close. If the advertised Espelir spring rates are correct, the 350z H-techs are going to be a more comfortable ride.

I'm still thiking about getting a set of Espelir GT springs too, but I want to see some more feedback from others first. I'm coming from more of an autox perspective, so I'm thinking I may want to control the body roll with a little more stiffness than the H-Techs offer. So far, I am pretty happy with the H-Techs and am anxious to see how they handle in AutoX - but now I have to wait until February!

I kinda want to tell you to go for the Espelir GT springs just so I can get some more data on the forums here, but if you are mostly concerned about comfort with a nice looking drop, the 350z H-Techs are probably the way to go.

I've attached some pics - the first is the before shot and the rest are after the install and alignment.

Attached Thumbnails Tein S Techs VS. Other Springs-before2.jpg   Tein S Techs VS. Other Springs-after3.jpg   Tein S Techs VS. Other Springs-front-after.jpg   Tein S Techs VS. Other Springs-rear-after.jpg  

Last edited by CrazyMike; 12-12-2005 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:58 PM
Here's two more showing my fender gaps with the H-Techs.

Attached Thumbnails Tein S Techs VS. Other Springs-front-driv.jpg   Tein S Techs VS. Other Springs-rear-driv.jpg  
Old 12-12-2005, 12:53 AM
dude crazy mike, thank you so much for your very indept input. we really need more ppl like you on this forum. thank you so much again

crazy mike btw for a better drop look would you say the espelir would look better since it drops it a TAD bit lower than the 350 z H Techs? or does it?

ive heard that the espelir drops more than the 350z h techs. no?

Old 12-12-2005, 08:35 AM
You're welcome! As far as which drop is better, you have to decide. There is some argument over which spring is truly lower, so I guess it is personal preference. I saw you found the other forum on the Espelirs.

I really need some of these guys to take some measurements and better pictures to say which is lower

Old 12-12-2005, 09:28 AM
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The title of this thread is kind of confusing, as it says S-techs vs. other springs, and you guys are all talking about H-techs....but I thought i'd make a contribution anyways.... I just added the S-techs and I'm waiting on the tokico D-specs. The drop is very subtle to me, actually I wish it was a tad bit lower. I don't like the tires to tuck, but i do like the fender just barely above the tire. So I couldn't imagine spending that much time and effort installing H-techs and still looking stock? Just my opinion. I kind of wish I had gone the coilover route. I may still get them later on, but at this point, i'm too lazy to do the install, heheh... I got my car aligned and I'm in the green all the way around. I did however install Kinetix upper control arms and a SPC rear camber/toe bolt kit.

My car is pretty run of the mill, as far as G's go. But I think it's a nice improvement over stock. Ride is very comfortable, not harsh or bouncy what so ever. I'm hoping w/ the tokico shocks, i can dial in a little more stiffness.

Last edited by DRAGMODE; 12-12-2005 at 09:33 AM.