Suspension creaking noise - NOT SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, I took the service manager for a ride in my car this morning, and he said that it is definitely a compression rod issue. He also said that after they fix it today, I can expect to have the same problem after another 20K miles from now. I asked him what it'll cost me to fix it once my warranty runs out, and he said by that time I'll have so many other squeaks and rattles that I won't even notice it.

I'll let you know tomorrow if they successfully fixed it.

Old 05-04-2006, 06:56 PM
i go in on monday. for the second time. wasnt even done 5k miles ago. i wonder what its going to take for them to come up with a real fix for it.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:23 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by kefalonitis
Apparently, after speaking to the service rep at Infiniti, it seems it is a common problem in the G.
After hearing the "creaking noise" last week, I had mine in today and sure enough it was the compression rods that were the culprits.
me too.

Old 05-05-2006, 12:26 AM
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Q50 Red Sport 400 RWD
Originally Posted by G35_4_Me
Yes, I took the service manager for a ride in my car this morning, and he said that it is definitely a compression rod issue. He also said that after they fix it today, I can expect to have the same problem after another 20K miles from now. I asked him what it'll cost me to fix it once my warranty runs out, and he said by that time I'll have so many other squeaks and rattles that I won't even notice it.

I'll let you know tomorrow if they successfully fixed it.

what a bs answer. My G makes no creaks and rattles now at 33k. This thing has had windows, rear deck fix, front end comp. rods and on and on and now it is rattle/creak free.

I would still get something like the front end stuff done out of warranty--unless I was planning on selling soon.

Old 05-08-2006, 05:36 PM
well i just dropped my car off and i was told no one really is complaining about the suspension noise so many of us have experienced. Since i've been having this on going prob i called infiniti affairs and spoke to a nice person who documented my issue. He did advise that they havent really heard of the issue either. This could be why there is no tsb.. If anyone is having this problem it may be a good idea to call infiniti affairs up and let them know. The ironic part of the whole situation is that as i get into the loaner car and pull out of the parking lot i hear the same noise but twice as loud. lol. The loaner is just like my car a 05x with 25k on it. The car sounds terrible going over bumps. Even just turning the wheel you could hear it. Ill be sure to let them know that their loaner car is doing it as well since they dont seem to know what we are all talking about. Ill let everyone know when i pick up my car what they did. i hope they dont try to pull the we lubricated the bushings and its fine bit.

Old 05-10-2006, 01:02 PM
Ok so if anyone wants to know i got my car back. Yesterday when i called them they told me once again they could not duplicate the noise. So i was just fed up and went to go pick up the car. To my surprise when i got there they did say it was the compression rods agin and they changed them. Although this is the second time they tried not to give me a receipt. They are supposededly mailing me a receipt. If i wasnt sick this morning id have more energy to make them give me the receipt like last time. I do not understand why they wont give me a receipt unless they are trying to cover up what they did. The first time they replaced the compression rods they told me they had to use another vin number to order the parts. i assumed they did this to scam infiniti into paying them for the repair as they replaced control arms before and it didnt solve the issue. I dont know how they are compensated for warranty repair but the usinga different vin number seems shady. i should prob call infiniti affairs again and find out what they are doing. I dont feel comfortable at all with this dealership anymore

Old 05-10-2006, 01:17 PM
Wow! I can't believe that they would use another VIN, and then tell you about it! Idiots! I definitely would not trust that dealer again.

As for the compression rods, a dealer here in MA replaced mine last week and it seems to have fixed the problem. Thank God. However, as I posted earlier, it looks like this is something that we'll be dealing with every 20K or so miles.

Old 05-10-2006, 02:08 PM
Yeah can u believe that. The noise has def stopped but like you said its just a matter of time for it to happen again. If i dont get a receipt by monday im gonna call Infiniti affairs and see if they can explain this to me. You should have heard the loaner car..It sounded like rusty gate

Old 05-11-2006, 06:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by themax98
Ok so if anyone wants to know i got my car back. Yesterday when i called them they told me once again they could not duplicate the noise. So i was just fed up and went to go pick up the car. To my surprise when i got there they did say it was the compression rods agin and they changed them. Although this is the second time they tried not to give me a receipt. They are supposededly mailing me a receipt. If i wasnt sick this morning id have more energy to make them give me the receipt like last time. I do not understand why they wont give me a receipt unless they are trying to cover up what they did. The first time they replaced the compression rods they told me they had to use another vin number to order the parts. i assumed they did this to scam infiniti into paying them for the repair as they replaced control arms before and it didnt solve the issue. I dont know how they are compensated for warranty repair but the usinga different vin number seems shady. i should prob call infiniti affairs again and find out what they are doing. I dont feel comfortable at all with this dealership anymore

did they charge you? If they do good work under warrenty, and it does not effect you, I would say pretend like you didnt hear them tell you that. It could turn into a long and confusing issue that in the begaining had little impact on youself.

Old 05-12-2006, 12:23 AM
No they didnt charge me but i need to have proper documentation for my records. plain and simple..what if there is a problem again and again. I think its very important to have documentation that your vehicle was there. Thats just me. For lemon law purposes as well.

Old 05-15-2006, 11:45 AM
Well i actually got a receipt in the mail which is good. I'm glad to see they came through and did the right thing. Now i just hope the noise doesnt come back again for the third time

Old 05-20-2006, 01:54 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Suspension sqeak?

heyy i have a 05 g35 sedan 6MT and i'm pretty sure im having this same problem with my suspension. i hear an adrubt sqeaking sound of air or something only on my right side though not sure if its the front or rear? is this what you are referring to?? =]

Old 05-22-2006, 10:14 PM
Received 154 Likes on 112 Posts
This may help those of you with pre '05... the rear sway bar links/connecting rods are beefier in '05 - Tustin Infiniti indicated that it was determined the pre 05 were wearing too soon even with OEM sways. They will (should) upgrade free of charge. I have Stillen sways and they still upgraded mine to the beefier ones (I love Tustin Infiniti service!).

BTW - every since I installed my Stillen sways with lithium grease I had squeaks (especially in the front - primarily driver side)... I was certain it was due to the type or lack of lube... did a bit of research and found good things about Energy Suspension "Formula 5 Pre Lube" - re-greased the bushings this weekend with plenty of the stuff... no squeaks at all! I'm interested to see how long it will last though. Justin at EverythingG35 mentioned the stuff to me before I started researching it... he had squeak problems, used this and says he hasn’t had his squeak for several years now.

All squeaks are not caused by the same thing, but this might help some of you. The Lube/grease can be found at Auto Zone for dirt-cheap.

Old 05-31-2006, 01:49 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
I guess I'm joining the club.. i've got creaks now from both the rear-end and the front-end (i think). Anyone have creaks from both ends like me? If this problem is indeed the compression rods, are there rods in the back too? And if the bushings indeed are wearing out too soon, is it possible to really grease them up with something out of this world?

I have an 05 6mt sedan stock except for the stillen 2nd gen exhaust.

Old 05-31-2006, 01:58 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
I'd like to take my G in asap to a dealer who has experience with this problem to avoid the typical infiniti runaround... anyone here in the bay area get this issue resolved? Niello, Frontier, Serramonte... any service advisors out there who will say "oh yeah, I'm familiar with that problem."

?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suspension creaking noise - NOT SUSPENSION