Suspension creaking noise - NOT SUSPENSION

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 05:03 PM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by G35_4_Me
OK, this is getting ridiculous. My compression rod is starting to clunk, again. Just like the service guy said it would when they fixed back in May. Has anyone else had to deal with this issue more than once, or I am the only lucky one? I'm really not looking forward to having to replace this thing every 10K miles, especially once the warranty runs out.
Yeah, several people have had to replace the compression rods about every 15k to 20k miles. Make sure you file a complaint with consumer affiars and since they'll have this on record they will probably not charge you for the replacement when your warranty is expired (since the parts are poorly designed to begin with).

Old 10-20-2006, 08:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for responding to my rant, Bythabay... Consumer Affairs, here I come...

Old 10-25-2006, 05:38 PM
Quick question guys. Does cooler weather affect this problem more? The reason I ask is because I just put new cryo power slot rotors and hawk HPS pads on my gf's 04 G35X and 2 days later she is telling me when she goes over large bumps she hears a creaking noise and she also hears it only once in a while when she hits the brakes so needless to say she is blaming it on the brake job I did. Her car has 49K on it and the compression rods have never been replaced and I know darn well I got everything nice and tight with the brakes. Just a couple days ago the dealer replaced something that was clicking in the rear going over bumps (she didnt remember what they said it was). Does this sound like the compression rods going bad?

Old 10-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Well, I definitely notice it more when the car is cold, but I've never noticed it when applying the brakes. So, I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same thing. Basically, when the compression rods start to fail, the front-end makes a creaking noise when going over bumps (e.g., going over speed bumps, turning into driveways that incline).

On an aside, how do you like the hawk pads? I'm considering going with them the next time I have my brakes done.

Old 10-27-2006, 03:19 PM
workin...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm experiencing this (only 10k miles). could they not service this under warranty b/c of my sway bars?

scheduled a service appointment to take this in nov 8....

Last edited by absolutg; 10-27-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 10-27-2006, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by G35_4_Me
Well, I definitely notice it more when the car is cold, but I've never noticed it when applying the brakes. So, I'm not sure if you're experiencing the same thing. Basically, when the compression rods start to fail, the front-end makes a creaking noise when going over bumps (e.g., going over speed bumps, turning into driveways that incline).

On an aside, how do you like the hawk pads? I'm considering going with them the next time I have my brakes done.

So far after 700 miles the hawk hps pads have been wonderful. They are silent, stop great and pretty much dust free. I loved them on my trans am when I had it and so far so good on my gfs G35X.

Also I think it is the compression rods on her car because she said it is a creaking noise over bumps mostly and said it sounded like the shocks or something (she doent know much about cars). I just find it odd they lasted 50K before they went bad and other have only lasted 10K to 25K before going bad.

Last edited by ProStreetCamaro; 10-27-2006 at 04:51 PM.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:40 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i am joinin the club on this one ...

bythabay- I went to Frontier and they said "it's normal .." but I am scheduling a road test w/ their tech to point out the creaking problem. I will mention the compression rod issue you mentioned and see if they do anything.

Old 12-29-2006, 03:44 AM
Received 75 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by nadir
i am joinin the club on this one ...

bythabay- I went to Frontier and they said "it's normal .." but I am scheduling a road test w/ their tech to point out the creaking problem. I will mention the compression rod issue you mentioned and see if they do anything.
Speak with Ron Cosgrove at Peninsual Infiniti, him and his techs are very familiar with the issue.

Old 12-29-2006, 04:15 AM
is this the same popping sound when you make a turn onto an inclined surface?

Old 01-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does this happen alot when you go down parking garages? it get it only then.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by G-MENTED
does this happen alot when you go down parking garages?
Yes, absolutely. I've noticed the same thing. The gentle bumps and curves of ramped parking structures really seems to light off the problem, especially when going in the down direction.

Old 01-30-2007, 05:15 PM
i still have to get mine looked at again... im already at 48k miles.

warranty is till 60k?

Old 04-19-2007, 12:54 PM
just to provide a quick update ... i took a quick drive test with a tech @ the dealership and he immediately identified it was bad compression rods ( and I quote, "Yeah, the compression rods are known to take a dump in these cars.") .. they replaced it under warranty and now the creaking is gone.

Old 05-11-2007, 10:55 PM
Brought my G today to Millenium Infiniti on Long Island and they replaced the c.r. and the bolts on both sides and now the noise is gone. They also said that it's a re-designed parts, hoping the creaking noise won't come back in 15-20k miles.

Old 06-01-2007, 02:12 PM
I also have this problem with my 2003 g35 coupe. I called Infiniti Canada consumer affiars and said there is nothing they can do. My car is past its warrenty. Called the dealer and they want $700 a side to change the rods!!!!!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Suspension creaking noise - NOT SUSPENSION