Why 350Z H-Techs over Gcoupe H-Techs?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 12:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why 350Z H-Techs over Gcoupe H-Techs?

I notice alot members using 350Z H-techs on the G coupe. Why? What's the drop measurements after settling? I know going with the H-Techs for the Z provides a little more drop, but why not the S-techs for the G? Anybody got pictures? Please post them with tire sizes please.

Thanks

Old 01-02-2006, 12:51 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by diggy1
I notice alot members using 350Z H-techs on the G coupe. Why? What's the drop measurements after settling? I know going with the H-Techs for the Z provides a little more drop, but why not the S-techs for the G? Anybody got pictures? Please post them with tire sizes please.

Thanks
It all comes down to spring rates and the look / function you are after.

The spring rates for the G Teins, both H and S are far softer than the stock spring rates. Not exactly optimum for the best handeling performance...more for looks.

The last thing you need to do is transfer more roll stiffness to the front of a car that already understeers and plows like the G does.

The rates on the H techs for the Z are a better performance upgrade. Mine gave me approx 1 inch front and rear.

Try doing a search on "spring rates"....there is a thread with all the major brands compared to stock.
Edit: Here...I did it for you....Noob

https://g35driver.com/forums/brakes-suspension/65190-g35-350z-aftermarket-coilover-springs-shocks-spec-s-w-updates.html
Good luck.

Last edited by Brando; 01-02-2006 at 01:02 PM.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:12 PM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
I went with the 350Z h-tech beacause the front springs are linear, not progressive!

The G35 H-techs use progressive front springs.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:13 PM
Originally Posted by QuadCam
I went with the 350Z h-tech beacause the front springs are linear, not progressive!

That too......good point!

Old 01-03-2006, 01:31 PM
the rear spring rate for the g's are too soft, including the s-techs made
for the g.

Old 01-04-2006, 07:03 PM
Received 35 Likes on 12 Posts
More front spring can be your friend if your have enough stiffness and your willing to run more aggressive camber, I just would not touch anything that lower's the rear rate to LESS then oem in the process. But, if your oem rear rate happen's to be 427lbs like say on 05/06 coupes running oem 19's, I don't have a problem running 342lbs in the rear.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:21 PM
I have the 350Z H-techs on now, and I notice the a$$ is really loose now. REALLY LOOSE!!! I feel like a drift racer in 2nd gear turns. This is not a good thing. This is happening at the same speeds I would take turns prior to the springs.

Anyone else getting a huge shift in vehicle dynamics?

Old 01-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have the 350Z H-techs on now, and I notice the a$$ is really loose now. REALLY LOOSE!!! I feel like a drift racer in 2nd gear turns. This is not a good thing. This is happening at the same speeds I would take turns prior to the springs.

sorry don't want to jack this thread but how did you get to be a double premiere member?

Old 01-05-2006, 12:57 AM
got me?

Old 01-05-2006, 03:02 AM

What are the actual real world difference between progressive and linear springs?
I heard that progressive springs are more comfortable yet able to retain much of the "sport/race" feel.

Old 01-06-2006, 08:18 AM
linear means you get the same spring stiffness throughout the full distance of the suspension's travel. Progressive means the springs get stiffer as the suspension is compressed. Progressive springs allow a softer ride for typical daily driving but do end up with higher rates when getting into more serious turns, etc. Linear is preferred in sport applications as they don't give up the initial body roll that progressive springs do when turns/transistions are initiated. Progressive springs are essentially designed to get the best of both worlds, but there are trade-offs made when doing so. Hope that makes sense...

Old 01-06-2006, 10:08 AM
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
6MT Brembo Coupe

Me too, but I wish the rear was a tad lower.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:10 AM

hmm, maybe cause u got a sedan, but in the coupe under normal driving i noticed that it understeers a lil more, but if i floor it thru the turn than the back comes out easier

Old 01-06-2006, 12:40 PM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by escobar929
hmm, maybe cause u got a sedan, but in the coupe under normal driving i noticed that it understeers a lil more, but if i floor it thru the turn than the back comes out easier

I think that is similiar to what Quadcam is saying he is experiencing too.

Old 01-06-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally Posted by CrazyMike
linear means you get the same spring stiffness throughout the full distance of the suspension's travel. Progressive means the springs get stiffer as the suspension is compressed. Progressive springs allow a softer ride for typical daily driving but do end up with higher rates when getting into more serious turns, etc. Linear is preferred in sport applications as they don't give up the initial body roll that progressive springs do when turns/transistions are initiated. Progressive springs are essentially designed to get the best of both worlds, but there are trade-offs made when doing so. Hope that makes sense...
tats a very nice explanation. thanks alot.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Why 350Z H-Techs over Gcoupe H-Techs?