Alignment issue

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alignment issue

i dont know if im being paraniod,
i took my G35 in for service ( oil change, spioler and alignment check )
on the Invoice it said "Alignment apears to be OK"

But it still seems to be pulling in both directions mostly to the left.

is this just something i have to deal with?

I called the dealership already and they where being very rude, they made an appt for me 3 weeks from today. '

what should i do if they dont fix it the 2nd time??

Old 01-03-2006, 12:32 AM
try another dealer? are there any close to you or are you like kinda iscolated? try taking it to a tire shop and have them do the alignment. i told my dealer my alignment was off and they said "thats how it is" --- my ***! so i took it to a tire shop. they did the alignment, printed out the papers and gave it to me. i went to the dealer, straight to the service manager and gave him the receipt and told him that because they did not fix this problem when i brought it to them, they better give me the money i paid for the proper alignment. and he handed it over with a smile on his face

Old 01-03-2006, 01:03 AM
Thanks, ill try that if they dont fix it this time around. Im IN Los Angeles so theres lots of dealers around i just take it to the one i bought it from, thinking ill get better service from them since i bought it through them.

but aside that I LOVE MY CAR i would marry it if i could,, haha JK

Old 01-03-2006, 01:05 AM
i agree with G356spd06, go to another dealer... i personally am sick of my dealership <costa mesa infiniti> its not the dealership that pisses me off, its the damn service department that does.. i end up going to tustin infiniti which is about 10 more miles for me but at least i get the service i want from them.. g356spd06 did the dealer really give you the money for the alignment?

Old 01-03-2006, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by Fiveseven
i agree with G356spd06, go to another dealer... i personally am sick of my dealership <costa mesa infiniti> its not the dealership that pisses me off, its the damn service department that does.. i end up going to tustin infiniti which is about 10 more miles for me but at least i get the service i want from them.. g356spd06 did the dealer really give you the money for the alignment?
same here i bought it from Miller Infiniti in Van Nuys, Great Dealership,, But service Dept. SUX! it takes atleast 2 days to get ahold of someone, i was a snitch and told Infiniti headquarters. i expect a little more for service when i dish my hard earned money for my dream car.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:08 AM
TAR82 you got the number to the infinit headquarters? they sent me mail to give them feedback on the costa mesa dealership.. i was ready to unload! but i misplaced it somewhere :[ so now i wanna just call them straight up and tell them how i feel about the costa mesa dealership.. the service department staff there deserves to get fired.. seriously no joke.. they had the nerve to come out and inspect my car.. im sure her opinion was that of a master tech LOL

Old 01-03-2006, 03:46 AM
TAR82 you got the number to the infinit headquarters? they sent me mail to give them feedback on the costa mesa dealership.. i was ready to unload! but i misplaced it somewhere :[ so now i wanna just call them straight up and tell them how i feel about the costa mesa dealership.. the service department staff there deserves to get fired.. seriously no joke.. they had the nerve to come out and inspect my car.. im sure her opinion was that of a master tech LOL
well i called the number on the infiniti website number is 800.662.6200
i talked to a lady and sure enough the service deptt called me, sent an e-mail, and left negative feedback on that survey they send out when you first buy the car.

may sound mean, but this was after me trying to call my service dept. 10 times a day for 5 days straight no joke!!, (its 50 mile drive to the dealership from my house)

yeah so call them, and if you want you can complain about Miller infiniti too while your at it.

Old 01-03-2006, 04:11 AM

yes they did give me the money for the alignment. 55 dollars and in cash too. i told them if they dont pay then i was just going to take them to small claims court. this was at miller infiniti. oh and becareful with your car over there. i picked it up, walked around and didn't really see anything BECAUSE THEY WASHED IT AND IT WAS ALL WET. they dont even dry it they just rinse it. anyway when i got home i dried it and i noticed they hit my car to another white car. scratched my front left bumper. i took it back and they said they didn't do it and it was there before. i hate dealers!

Old 01-03-2006, 04:16 AM
Originally Posted by g356spd06
yes they did give me the money for the alignment. 55 dollars and in cash too. i told them if they dont pay then i was just going to take them to small claims court. this was at miller infiniti. oh and becareful with your car over there. i picked it up, walked around and didn't really see anything BECAUSE THEY WASHED IT AND IT WAS ALL WET. they dont even dry it they just rinse it. anyway when i got home i dried it and i noticed they hit my car to another white car. scratched my front left bumper. i took it back and they said they didn't do it and it was there before. i hate dealers!
wow thats interesting that you also go to Miller, sorry abt that scratch

Yeah thats so true, they washed my car twice and it comes back all wet, when i get on the freeway water splatters everywhere

Old 01-03-2006, 06:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TAR82
wow thats interesting that you also go to Miller, sorry abt that scratch

Yeah thats so true, they washed my car twice and it comes back all wet, when i get on the freeway water splatters everywhere
Well my Dealer hand dries cars, but they put small scratches in my black car when they dried it. I complained to the SA and then talked to the Service Manager. He apologized and had the Detailing guys polish the scratches out. My car looked super after they worked on it.

Service varies by Dealer. Shop around and don't reward bad Dealers with your business.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:33 AM
I don't know why dealership doesn't want to make your money, alignments aren't cheap.

They should just re-align your wheels, you are happy, your car's alignment problem solved, they are happy, made money off of you.

---------

Old 01-03-2006, 10:42 AM
Firestone has a lifetime alignment deal for $135 one time fee as long as you own the car. They print out the specifications each time. My dealer charges $99 flat rate. Now, everytime I hit a bump, I can run into Firestone and get it checked. I believe this will help protect my tires over time.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Troutstalker
Firestone has a lifetime alignment deal for $135 one time fee as long as you own the car. They print out the specifications each time. My dealer charges $99 flat rate. Now, everytime I hit a bump, I can run into Firestone and get it checked. I believe this will help protect my tires over time.
Got the same thing execpt I paid $99+tax for lifetime.... Used it twice already!

Old 01-03-2006, 12:25 PM
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
I have roughly 3300 miles on the car and its already starting to carry left. I gotta take my car into the shop to have them look at it. I live in NY there are damn pot holes everywhere. I cant avoid every single one.

Dont let the dealers wash your car, biggest mistake. They wished the car and partially dried mine. Left a few clear coat scratches. I did a nice waxing job on it, pretty much covered it up.

Old 02-07-2006, 08:10 PM
Why don't you go to Firestone? Don't they do a good job? They also offer a lifetime alignment where you can go in to any Firestone shop to have your alignment done every 6,000 miles. This might be a good thing due to not being able to rotate the tires on the coupe. Also, how do you know if that Firestone has the correct alignment settings for our car? Would they use the alignment specs for a Q45 or G20?

Last edited by DTrejo; 02-09-2006 at 12:01 AM.