Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

My car got paid off by mistake?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by G-girl
but Tom, a pig just flew right by me!
Was it a balloon?

Last edited by ABQ_G35; 09-18-2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 09-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
here's what you do...

go online to their site...
look for a vp name..right down the email address.
Write a letter and send to the vp thanking him for paying off my loan
send champagne

A couple of days later you will receive a bill

case closed..

Old 09-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Rated M

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by skaterbasist
Screw that I'd take the mistake as a good fortune. Karma won't mind

It would be a dream if this happened to me.

That dream will quickly become a nightmare once they find out and your credit takes a big hit. Who is going to want to deal with a dishonest person trying to get away with a $20K mistake?

Old 09-18-2007, 11:14 AM
hell yah push for the title ASAP and then sell the car and get a new G

Old 09-18-2007, 12:14 PM
Also, be sure to document the actions you take attempting to resolve this (and you must attempt to resolve this unless you want your credit rating to take a hit). When the bank finally gets it right, which they will when they attempt to reconcile their accounts, do not let them demand added interest, penalties or threaten to ding your credit. Show them that you attempted to resolve their error, then contact a VP or higher if Cust Service doesn't help you.

Old 09-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are eventually gonna figure it out. You may win in the end.

Example:
Sometime last year my GF noticed she had an extra $300 in her checking account. She called her bank (Bank of America) and brought this to their attention. A week or two later she received a letter from the bank stating that they had mad a mistake, b/c it was a mistake on the banks end they let her keep the $300.

Now I know that there is a huge difference between $300 and 20K, but when they figure it out they may waive the payments that you should have been making during that time frame.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Hold The Line

Received 622 Likes on 406 Posts
Well this is what ive done so far:

1st - I called the bank immediatley after I recieved the letter of a zero account balance for the loan... no, my check did bounce I spoke with 4 different representatives that had no clue what my fuss was about. They said, "the car is paid off." Then they hung up on me while transferring the call. I made a call log and took names down of the people I spoke with.

2nd - Checked my bank statements and they were in the clear. Everything was normal

3rd - Called the bank again and explained that I had still had a loan out with them and she replied that the loan was closed and paid for and that the title was going to be sent soon. I still told her that I had about 20k left. She got her supervisor and they replied the same thing. I left it at that and made another call log

4th - I called Sawgrass Infiniti and left 2 messages to see if the possibly had anything to do with the situation. No answer as of yet.

I've tried to get to the bottom of it and ive gotten the same reply

Old 09-18-2007, 01:21 PM
Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Until you get the title, keep sending in the payments. The absolute worst thing that can happen is if they resolve this 'mixup' and you haven't been making payments, and your credit takes a hit for no reason.

Keep sending the payments, because as long as its zero balance you will just get them sent back, no harm.

Old 09-18-2007, 01:27 PM
Originally Posted by madchef
Until you get the title, keep sending in the payments. The absolute worst thing that can happen is if they resolve this 'mixup' and you haven't been making payments, and your credit takes a hit for no reason.

Keep sending the payments, because as long as its zero balance you will just get them sent back, no harm.
I agree as long as YOU know you didn't pay off the loan it's still there and I agree with ^ I would send in my payments every month on time just as you had been doing and when they send them back make note and continue to cya-cover your a$$....

Good luck!

Old 09-18-2007, 01:32 PM
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Just be careful bro. I used to work in collections for repos and I had a lady that had her title sent to her by mistake becasue the bank advised her that the account was paid off. 6 months later the bank realized they had screwed up and she refused to pay. Long story short she had her title and the bank lost after trying to put her through litigations. But hey if thats the case then dont worry about it. Now you need to go get infected with modificationits....lol.

Old 09-18-2007, 02:45 PM
Do the right thing and get it sorted out. Someone has to pay the debt and it's your responsibility.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:50 PM
Littering and...
Originally Posted by G-girl
Nismo,

I'm a big fan of "doing the right thing".

Call your lender and tell them that they may have made a mistake. This is karma testing you.

It's the right thing to do.

~G-girl
BOOOOOOOOOOOOO KARMA!!!

Old 09-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would definitely do the right thing and get to the bottom of this ASAP. No reason to wait becuase the bank WILL find out what happened. Deal with it now while it's still fresh so you don't have to deal with the headache of late fees and such down the road.

Old 09-18-2007, 06:06 PM
Just contact this office of the Comptroller of the Currenty. They regulate the National Banks and have more than enough leverage to get things sorted out properly and expeditiously. http://www.occ.treas.gov/customer.htm

Old 09-18-2007, 06:12 PM
ive gotta say it again: dont do the right thing, do what you think you can get away with. the right thing is for suckers.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My car got paid off by mistake?