Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

g35 or g37???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2008 | 06:06 PM
the 08 feels SLOWER because the power delivery is SMOOTHER.

Old 06-05-2008 | 06:14 PM
Originally Posted by Mike@RiversideInfiniti
the 08 feels SLOWER because the power delivery is SMOOTHER.
really, i couldn't disagree more. my g35 felt like i had the handbrake on all the time compared to the 37. actually, it felt like that, even compared to the third gen loaner sedan g35.

Old 06-17-2008 | 08:38 AM
Hm, some interesting posts here. I've been on the fence about a G37 for the past few months, now that I can finally afford it if I choose. I'm also considering test driving a 135i, TL Type-S, and Accord V6 Coupe.

Really, though, the price of a used G35 Coupe is what's intriguing me. It's hard to justify $15k on top of a 06 with low miles for a smoother power band and a bit better interior. Hell, for that much less I could buy a second car for winter or saving on gas.

I'm coming from a 04 Mazda6 so I think any G35 will blow mine out of the water.

Thoughts?

Old 06-17-2008 | 05:14 PM
the VQ37VHR is a far far superior engine to a VQ35DE

With these crazy gas prices, you'll also get better MPG with a 4th gen VQ compared to a 3rd gen.

Old 06-17-2008 | 07:19 PM
Like stated numerous times in this thread, I prefer the look of the G35c over the G37c. I had a chance to purchase both including the BMW 335i. My choices were like this:

1. BMW 335i -
Extremely insane fast, and throw a tune and it will destroy most cars out there without a sweat -- and stock turbo? What more could you ask for? Track alot? Grab an LSD. About everything you could say bad about the 335i (Suspension mostly) you can easily get that fixed. The price kind of swayed my decision for now...) Plus I just love the styling of the 335i.

2. G35c -
The G35c was always a favorite of mine from the getgo. It had its looks, performance, aftermarket support and was priced reasonably well. It's not as fast as either the 335i or the G37, but I was not planning to be keeping it stock so that was not a big problem to me. It's just as fast as the 350Z's running around the streets (mines faster! 4.083 gears baby! LOL JK) and my first impression, I was just in love with it. The whole idea of N/A engines starting to grow on me so my plans for the G is a fully built N/A engine. Turbo would be awesome but for that money I would have spent on turbo, it could have gotten me the 335i. I think it was the best cross-roads car. I love it. (You can argue built N/A costs more, but reliability is #1 for me, and the idea of a bullet-proof engine really makes me go )

3. G37 -
First off, looks perspective...I don't like it at all... I think it looks way too bubbly and lost most of its most defining curves and shape. The 3.7 power plant is nice, but it's easily offset by the G's hefty weight. (It is definitely faster than the G35 though -- most of the people who say they feel about the same are just kidding themselves or have never really driven one.

The old Z/G were more comparable as alter-ego twins, with Z being the sportiest, and G still retaining that "Sporty" style/feel but with different sheet metal and just some extra weight, but not enough to differentiate the Z and G completely. This is why the Z/G are debated constantly, in the end they are exactly the same car, with a little mix on each side. The G37 in my humble opinion has finally left that circle of debate, it's completely a luxury car, it has a bit of sport in it but NOTHING like its predecessor. Over all I just was not feeling the whole vibe I got with the car and for the money I would have rather purchased a BMW 335i. (I am a turbo freak.)

Let us know what you end up buying, and good luck!

Old 06-17-2008 | 09:42 PM

With these crazy gas prices, you'll also get better MPG with a 4th gen VQ compared to a 3rd gen.
Sure, but worth $10k-$15k more than a used late model G35c? I guess that's my decision to make, but I'm leaning towards saving some money.

Old 06-17-2008 | 10:49 PM
If you really want a G and money is not an issue, then by all means the G37 is the one to get.

If $8,000 to $10,000 IS an issue then get the G35. You can get GREAT deals right now with fully loaded G35s, premium package, aero, navigation, even RAS models with sub 15,000 miles for what, $27-$29K?

Sure you got some guys trying to get WAY over edmunds pricing for them but the market price for a 2005/2007 G WILL fall between $27-$29K.

Compare that price range with that of the G37 with comparable options; there IS no price comparison.

T

Old 06-18-2008 | 02:36 AM
Originally Posted by Lolly Baggins
The G37 in my humble opinion has finally left that circle of debate, it's completely a luxury car, it has a bit of sport in it but NOTHING like its predecessor. Over all I just was not feeling the whole vibe I got with the car and for the money I would have rather purchased a BMW 335i. (I am a turbo freak.)
uhhhh...o.k.. it outperforms the g35 in every category (out of the box) and it's been shown (in the early stages of testing) to be capable of 540 or so hp with stock internals and forced induction, but its less of a sports car than the g35....o.k..

Old 06-18-2008 | 05:59 AM
Dunno if anyone post this opinion, but the BUTT (since i cant say "AS S") on the G37 totally kills it for me.

Old 06-18-2008 | 06:01 AM
hahhaha, i said, "but the butt" and didnt realize it.

Old 06-18-2008 | 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by speedracerg35
uhhhh...o.k.. it outperforms the g35 in every category (out of the box) and it's been shown (in the early stages of testing) to be capable of 540 or so hp with stock internals and forced induction, but its less of a sports car than the g35....o.k..
Did you even bother reading my post?

Old 06-18-2008 | 10:27 AM

Hm, in reading on the G35c it seems the mileage is pretty poor. Seems 15-25mpg is usual with the higher end being not so easy to obtain.

Does the G37 offer significantly better mileage? *researches more*

Old 06-18-2008 | 11:53 AM
Originally Posted by Tu13es
Hm, in reading on the G35c it seems the mileage is pretty poor. Seems 15-25mpg is usual with the higher end being not so easy to obtain.

Does the G37 offer significantly better mileage? *researches more*
The majority of the drivers on this forum are enthusiasts; it's rare for anyone here to get over 20MPG for that exact reason

Old 06-18-2008 | 02:21 PM
G37 Ftw..

Coming from an 04 G35S coupe.

G37S is vastly superior in both interior and perhaps even exterior in my opinion. Looks aside, I would say the 37 performs better in every sense of the word. Braking, accelerating and everything in between. The weight estimates that people are complaing about are the ones where the G37 is equipped with 4WAS -this option makes the 37 significantly heavier but in turn, handle a lot better than the previous gen or the 335. The long wheel base is my only dispute with this car but for the most part she performs like a champ.

I've taken both G's to track and have noticed significant advantages to both cars. in short, The g35 is a bit rough around the edges and thus wants to loose control at every apex where-as the 37 allows me to push where the 35 would falter. The 37 performs like a proffesional athlete on the track given the right tires -The G35 on the other hand performs like an athlete still in college with a lot of heart and spirit. and theres nothing wrong with that. with a little work that kid could turn into a pro. If you get the 37 -a lot of the work is cut out for you (just like the 335).

I hear a lot of 35 owners dissing the the 37. I also hear a lot of people talking about numbers and things that don't really matter when if at the end of the day your just gonna throw some Volks on there and drive it to work. If your passionate about tracking and performance then this should be a whole nother conversation. If your looking at a daily driver then don't consider the S model on the 37 -it's really aggressive. This decision will depend on what you want your car to do for you and what your willing to pay.

Good luck with your purchase. You can't go wrong with the 35 nor the 37. but don't turn away from the 37 because your hearing the 35 is faster or if anything equivalent to the 37 in performance and quality. not the case.

Attached Thumbnails g35 or g37???-woop-.jpg  
Old 06-18-2008 | 03:03 PM
Originally Posted by ThRty 7
Good luck with your purchase. You can't go wrong with the 35 nor the 37. but don't turn away from the 37 because your hearing the 35 is faster or if anything equivalent to the 37 in performance and quality. not the case.

Nicely said.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: g35 or g37???