Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Help pricing my '04 DP Coupe 6MT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help pricing my '04 DP Coupe 6MT

If this is not the appropriate place for this, pls let me know. I've been a forum member for a while, but according to rules I don't have enough posts here to actually make a sale thread in classifieds (also no feelers allowed there), but I was hoping some of you could help me determine the value of my car.

It's a 2004 Coupe 6MT with just under 45k miles. Desert platinum/Black int with sunroof, aero package, Bose system, and 18" wheels. Aside from a few paint chips there's a small scuff on the rear bumper. Interior is in good condition, save for the common deflating of the driver's side outter seat bottom.

Had it on cars.com for a few weeks at $16,000 and not a single call except from scammers.

On trade-in, I've been offered up $15,500, but it seems they were over-allowing as they then only took $225 off the new car sticker price. So, realistically I think that's more like $14-$14,500 for the trade as I'm sure w/o it I could get at least a grand off sticker.

What do you feel is a realistic private party selling price price? There are huge discrepancies between NADA and places like KBB.

Some pics here, including the scuff.

Thanks for your time and help.

Old 05-26-2011, 02:13 PM
Although I am new here from my experience I can easily say that both Nada and Kbb are inaccurate and you shouldn't rely on them. Edmunds is a little more accurate BUT spending around 15K on a 7-8 year old car is a serious business in this economy so although you price it right you may not get that price. I would look at the general pricing in your area.

Instead of trading in why don't you take it to carmax and get an offer. That will be your base price and then depending on how fast you want to sell you can set the price 1-2k above the carmax offer.

Old 05-26-2011, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the reply. I do agree about the car's age being an issue at this time. It's one of the reasons I'm leaning towards a trade.

As to Carmax, the nearest seems to be about 2.5 hours away :/

Old 05-26-2011, 08:49 PM
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
I think your asking price at around $15K is reasonable since the car only has 45K miles.

Old 05-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by infinitig35
I think your asking price at around $15K is reasonable since the car only has 45K miles.
Yea it can be right, but like mentioned before its a 7-8 year car, if i were to spend 15K on that i might as well go for a brand new 2011

Old 05-29-2011, 02:00 PM
I suppose, but not everyone has $37k+ to spend on a new one. Myself included

Thanks for your opinion though.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:16 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If It helps, I purchased my '04 coupe fully loaded with every option, 55k miles for $13k out the door.

15k is reasonable IMO. Look for similar models/miles and see what they are selling for. Then take into account the dealer will want to make a $ from it.

Old 07-06-2011, 09:39 PM
Alright guys I'm new to this whole g35 business, but I've driven a truck for 6-7 years now and I'm ready to treat myself to a fun car ! I'm looking at an '06 with only 26 k miles and the guy wants 14,000 for it... It sounds like a good deal to me and it looks almost new but its that ugly Caribbean Blue color....

Does that sound like a reasonable deal ? Since its blue I plan on doing the whole carbon fiber hood, roof, Trunk deal to make it look better... It also has a gtr body kit on it...

What's your expert opinions ??

Originally Posted by Clob
If It helps, I purchased my '04 coupe fully loaded with every option, 55k miles for $13k out the door.

15k is reasonable IMO. Look for similar models/miles and see what they are selling for. Then take into account the dealer will want to make a $ from it.

Old 07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
Received 291 Likes on 218 Posts
Originally Posted by bmitchell1876
Alright guys I'm new to this whole g35 business, but I've driven a truck for 6-7 years now and I'm ready to treat myself to a fun car ! I'm looking at an '06 with only 26 k miles and the guy wants 14,000 for it... It sounds like a good deal to me and it looks almost new but its that ugly Caribbean Blue color....

Does that sound like a reasonable deal ? Since its blue I plan on doing the whole carbon fiber hood, roof, Trunk deal to make it look better... It also has a gtr body kit on it...

What's your expert opinions ??
Caribbean blue is a rare color and not sure if it was made for the 06 year ...either way make sure you run AUTOCHECK and CARFAX both of them. If you need an Autocheck you can PM me with vin and email.

Read the countless threads posted on common issues to check out like compression rod, AC/Radio controls, Window motor and other common issues. You can look through my posts that I have made or do some searching around. The seller might be desperate to sell quick or trying to hide something and justify it with the price. Do your own research or be willing to deal with buyers remorse.

https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...of-inside.html

Old 07-07-2011, 10:14 AM
Originally Posted by faiz23
Caribbean blue is a rare color and not sure if it was made for the 06 year ...either way make sure you run AUTOCHECK and CARFAX both of them. If you need an Autocheck you can PM me with vin and email.
https://g35driver.com/forums/g35-cou...of-inside.html
VIN is : JNKCV54E76M718808

I would really appreciate it if you could check it out for me... Thanks guys !

Old 07-07-2011, 05:37 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
to the OP;

A lot of your cars value depends on your area. Here in MN values are HIGH and I don't exactly know why. I paid 13k for my 2003 with 87k miles. Mine had aftermarket wheels on it and was in really good shape. Here in MN your car would be worth about 14,500 Private Party and 16k Dealer. I researched these cars for a long time before I purchased. I would search craigslist and local dealers to see what they are going for. Whatever you do, do not find a dealer that has one similar and price your car the same for private party.

Good luck with your sale. Sounds like you got a good one

Old 07-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Well after checking autocheck the only red flag was ODOMETER issues !! The guy reassured me over and over again that it was actual mileage but the problem showed up 1 year before he bought it so I didn't have a good feeling about it... Besides I didn't want the blue color anyways... I had to"make" myself like it... I really want the silver color ( I know , I know everybody and their brother has that color )
Plus the black leather interior is FAR SEXIER than any of the lighter colors... The search continues !!

Old 07-07-2011, 09:00 PM
I've got $15k I can spend... Yall keep an eye out for one for me... I want low mileage over any other options... Also I thought I wanted a manual transmission but after driving one today I realized the car has Sooo much power that the automatic should be just fine !

Old 07-08-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Clob

Thanks for the help. I decided to take the deal. With the tax savings from the trade it came out to roughly the equivalent of getting the new car at invoice and getting about $15.5k for my car.

Going to be looking for a late G35 or a G37 coupe next spring. Thanks again!

Old 07-08-2011, 11:54 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts
not everybody wants a g37 either, i could of gotten 1 but i like how the g35 looks alot better... thats y i got the newest i could 07

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help pricing my '04 DP Coupe 6MT