Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

Hard to find a G35 coupe now...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 08:57 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Worth getting a G35 now?

I've been in love with the G35/G37 ever since i first saw one. I found an 06 G35 online with 55k miles but it was really the only decent one out of all the others which ranged from 03-07 with mileage above 65k. This got me thinking, is it really worth it? The 06 model will be 10 years old in just three years. The G37's are still rather expensive unless you can find an 08 one with 50k or so miles but i've only seen two posted online with those stats. I planned on keeping the G35 for at least 3-4 years but the fact that its almost a decade old really turns me off...even though i still love the design...

Is it still worth to get one? Or should i wait and save up for a G37?

Old 05-06-2013, 09:05 PM
Received 1,939 Likes on 1,249 Posts
Age doesn't mean much if it has been taken care of. What are you worried about with age? Mechanical problems? Because I see cars from the 90s still driving everywhere with no signs of giving up.

Concerned about the car looking outdated? Impossible. The G35 is beautiful, and most beautiful designs stay that way over time. Look at the classic & iconic american cars, and even the classic Ferraris.

There's no reason age should turn you off (with cars at least), 2006 is still fairly new. My 2005 G35 is in great shape, and I maintain it meticulously, and I've gotten people coming up to me thinking it's a 2013 model.

In other words, I say go for it if the price is right.

The following users liked this post:
Shiftd (05-06-2013)
Old 05-06-2013, 09:08 PM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Shiftd
I've been in love with the G35/G37 ever since i first saw one. I found an 06 G35 online with 55k miles but it was really the only decent one out of all the others which ranged from 03-07 with mileage above 65k. This got me thinking, is it really worth it? The 06 model will be 10 years old in just three years. The G37's are still rather expensive unless you can find an 08 one with 50k or so miles but i've only seen two posted online with those stats. I planned on keeping the G35 for at least 3-4 years but the fact that its almost a decade old really turns me off...even though i still love the design...

Is it still worth to get one? Or should i wait and save up for a G37?
Seems like waiting will gave you a similar problem.

The 35 coupe is a pretty 'timeless' design. It just looks good.

Cars generally are made of a much higher quality than twenty years ago. I wouldn't sweat that the car will fall apart from age.

Shiftd (05-06-2013)
Old 05-06-2013, 09:28 PM
Received 218 Likes on 187 Posts
Just do it......

Old 05-06-2013, 10:05 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
I must be biased here. I just got an 03 5AT Coupe because it "only" had 53,000 miles on it and was damned near showroom perfect. Lots of ones like that in SoCal.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:19 PM
All of the reading and searching I've done shows these cars going to 240-260K miles with minimal problems. As long as you get history of maintenance, I wouldn't be worried on any G under 100K. An 03 with 55K should still bring a pretty penny.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Originally Posted by TORETTO
Age doesn't mean much if it has been taken care of. What are you worried about with age? Mechanical problems? Because I see cars from the 90s still driving everywhere with no signs of giving up.

Concerned about the car looking outdated? Impossible. The G35 is beautiful, and most beautiful designs stay that way over time. Look at the classic & iconic american cars, and even the classic Ferraris.

There's no reason age should turn you off (with cars at least), 2006 is still fairly new. My 2005 G35 is in great shape, and I maintain it meticulously, and I've gotten people coming up to me thinking it's a 2013 model.

In other words, I say go for it if the price is right.
Yea im mostly worried about mechanical problems. Even things like, power windows not working, A/C not working, etc. I just dont want to regret getting it once the problems start kicking in. I hope to find a G35 thats been properly maintained. Honestly i should just go test drive one and see how it is.

Originally Posted by Kerry Garrison
I must be biased here. I just got an 03 5AT Coupe because it "only" had 53,000 miles on it and was damned near showroom perfect. Lots of ones like that in SoCal.
Nice man if i can find one with good mileage and proper maintenance i would be more inclined to get it.
Originally Posted by Knightstiq
All of the reading and searching I've done shows these cars going to 240-260K miles with minimal problems. As long as you get history of maintenance, I wouldn't be worried on any G under 100K. An 03 with 55K should still bring a pretty penny.
I've also read a few topics on here about people mentioning their high mileage G's.

Old 05-06-2013, 10:47 PM
Dude all cars come with their own problems....Go drive one..Then you can decide...

Old 05-06-2013, 11:11 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Yeah the G is a timeless model, looks as good if not better than alot of the cars you see on the road today, and if maintained will last you way past the 3-4 years you plan on keeping it. Another model thats timeless and I'd still would pick one up today is the 99-2004 Lexus GS300.

Shiftd (05-07-2013)
Old 05-06-2013, 11:29 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with what ever one else is saying the G35's design is beautiful and get even better with age. Just like a Toyota Supra's design its old but when you see one thats been taken care of it looks dang good.

Shiftd (05-07-2013)
Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 PM
Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
I think it goes beyond just being a timeless design. What I like is that you can take the car's design and massage it into completely different directions. If you want to go low and sexy, no problem. If you want to tone up the luxury look and feel, no problem, if you want more sporty than luxury, no problem. If you want to totally rice it out, please buy something else. The thing is, it lends itself to being tweaked in different directions from pure street to pure track quite easily.

Shiftd (05-07-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One of the reasons I bought a G was because of this site. There's a lot of after market stuff for these cars and tons of DIYs. So like someone above said you can take the G in different directions look wise and with a little common sense work on your own car saving you money( that goes right back in to aftermarket stuff).

Shiftd (05-07-2013)
Old 05-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Originally Posted by arock292
I agree with what ever one else is saying the G35's design is beautiful and get even better with age. Just like a Toyota Supra's design its old but when you see one thats been taken care of it looks dang good.
I was actually just thinking of the Supra and the R34 Skyline designs and how they still look amazing

Originally Posted by Kerry Garrison
I think it goes beyond just being a timeless design. What I like is that you can take the car's design and massage it into completely different directions. If you want to go low and sexy, no problem. If you want to tone up the luxury look and feel, no problem, if you want more sporty than luxury, no problem. If you want to totally rice it out, please buy something else. The thing is, it lends itself to being tweaked in different directions from pure street to pure track quite easily.
This is very true. There are alot of aftermarket parts for the G35 which is a great thing.

What are the common maintenance problems with the 05-07 G35's? What should i be looking for?

Old 08-04-2013, 06:56 PM
Hard to find a G35 coupe now...

At least the specific one im looking for. I've been checking cars.com almost everyday but i still see the same postings or very little new ones that arent what i want (06-07 OB/IP exterior with black interior, less than 60k miles). Am i doing it wrong? The dealers around me dont have any G35's so im mostly checking online to see if any are available. Does anyone have any advice on what to do? Do more used cars pop up around the end of the year?

Old 08-04-2013, 07:00 PM
Autotrader and Craigslist

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hard to find a G35 coupe now...