Buying, Selling & Leasing Discussion Interested in getting a G35? Ask your questions here! (No Classified Posts)

How to trade cars with somebody?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Trading an 04 6mt for an 05 auto?

I'm thinking about doing this trade off. I really can't drive the manual anymore because my ankle if killing me due to some injuries I had when I was a little kid. I really love the G35 but if I'm getting a trade I might as well get the 05 with upgraded interior and the triptonics (I find triptonics to be really fun). Would this trade be possible? Are people that desperate for an 6mt version with the brembos?

Old 11-30-2013, 08:33 PM
Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
I dont think they are desperate just want a 6mt!l have a 05 G35X 5at.l love it. You get more ponies with the 6mt. How many miles do you have on your car and the trade?lts fun to drive in the manual mode.Its a shame you have a bad ankle.l had to quit riding my sport bike n harley because of my back!lt was hard to give up riding but the pain made me do it!You will enjoy the 5at.It is still fun to drive spirited. Easier entering and exiting corners.Just give her gas n go! Since you have a coupe 6mt you should have no problem teading.Unless you have very high mileage.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:44 PM
Originally Posted by Gman56
I dont think they are desperate just want a 6mt!l have a 05 G35X 5at.l love it. You get more ponies with the 6mt. How many miles do you have on your car and the trade?lts fun to drive in the manual mode.Its a shame you have a bad ankle.l had to quit riding my sport bike n harley because of my back!lt was hard to give up riding but the pain made me do it!You will enjoy the 5at.It is still fun to drive spirited. Easier entering and exiting corners.Just give her gas n go! Since you have a coupe 6mt you should have no problem teading.Unless you have very high mileage.

Mileage isn't too high. I'm at 105k right now. I drive my brothers 3series BMW all the time and it's a blast to drive with the triptonics. And when I hit the traffic time I can just click it over to automatic. Real simple.
I put an ad on craigslist but I probably gotta look around on forums to see if anybody is interested in California.

Old 11-30-2013, 08:59 PM
I almost bought a 328xi until l drove the G35! Mileage isnt that high.Yea l like the manual mode when lm just cruising for fun! The x l think handles better in curves than rwd. They seem like they are glued to the road.l had a audi a6 quattro it was fun to drive.Just dont have the hp or torque as infinlti! I hope you get
your trade soon.what is the color you have? My X is
Serengeti Sand .lts was only available a couple yrs. So they say its rare.lts easy to keep clean too!

Old 11-30-2013, 09:41 PM
I almost bought a 328xi until l drove the G35! Mileage isnt that high.Yea l like the manual mode when lm just cruising for fun! The x l think handles better in curves than rwd. They seem like they are glued to the road.l had a audi a6 quattro it was fun to drive.Just dont have the hp or torque as infinlti! I hope you get
your trade soon.what is the color you have? My X is
Serengeti Sand .lts was only available a couple yrs. So they say its rare.lts easy to keep clean too!
Thanks, I got a diamond graphite and I'd really like to trade for the same color or I'm even considering white. I was looking at the lexus is250's but man are they slow. Look great though

Old 11-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Thats what makes the G so nice looks good and has some get up n go!plus they handle as good as they look!

Old 11-30-2013, 10:55 PM
Received 78 Likes on 70 Posts
I just saw your ad on cl lol

Old 11-30-2013, 11:51 PM
Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts
Since you are "upgrading" why not go with 06+ with nice projectors and some minor interior upgrades.

Old 12-01-2013, 11:08 AM
Received 193 Likes on 172 Posts
Thumbs up Damn good automatics

I have an 05 G35 coupe with the 5speed automatic. There are 6 word that describe how I feel about my coupe. Love it, Love it, Love it. This is the second car I've owned with an automatic transmission in it. The first was a lame Honda Accord. Thanks to my G35 I have new found love for automatics (thanks also goes to all the Maserati Quattrportes I've driven and my brothers G37S). Automatics aren't bad and with the manumatic it's fun to drive. I especially like driving on the back roads on my way home and leaving for work. Enjoy it every chance you get.

The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. Brooks:
Shawno72 (12-02-2013), Urbanengineer (12-02-2013)
Old 12-02-2013, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by Mr. Brooks
I have an 05 G35 coupe with the 5speed automatic. There are 6 word that describe how I feel about my coupe. Love it, Love it, Love it. This is the second car I've owned with an automatic transmission in it. The first was a lame Honda Accord. Thanks to my G35 I have new found love for automatics (thanks also goes to all the Maserati Quattrportes I've driven and my brothers G37S). Automatics aren't bad and with the manumatic it's fun to drive. I especially like driving on the back roads on my way home and leaving for work. Enjoy it every chance you get.
Yea it's definitely a fun drive. No questions there. Don't get me wrong manual is a blast aswell but I don't see why people dislike triptonics to much. They feel the exact same to me + cleaner downshifts in auto. I love my G but It's a bitch having my ankle pains at night.

Old 12-02-2013, 12:42 AM
Super Moderator

Received 1,016 Likes on 935 Posts
Your name implies something about your shifting habits and ankle problems... I have the 5AT and love it.

Good Hunting

Old 12-02-2013, 01:34 AM
If you live on flat grounds stick is fun! But if you live in hilly country its a pain! I know back home in Tenn in the smoky mtns.l hate a stick!!!!! I have just as much fun with my auto as l did with a stick.Some of the hills when l had a stick it was not fun on a stop.

Old 12-02-2013, 09:14 AM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Kicknshift
but I don't see why people dislike triptonics to much. They feel the exact same to me + cleaner downshifts in autot.
My personal opinion, once you get used to banging gears with a clutch, nothing else feels the same.

Manumatic in an auto is fun, but it just doesn't have the same feel as popping the clutch into 2nd gear and getting the rear tires spinning.

My G35x is my first auto car, and i remember on the test drive with the dealer him talking up the manumatic mode. I tired it out, hated it and haven't touched it since other than when i accidentally knock the stick over and wonder why the car is redlining 1st gear.

To each his own, but without a clutch, it's just not exciting for me

Old 12-02-2013, 12:06 PM
With the X if you had a 6mt you wont spin wheels.once the comp senses the wheel spin it applies brakes to the wheel! The manumatic l think would be better with the osiris reflash.l know in my audi it l put it in sport mode and used the manumatic it was fun to drive.l liked the audi awd system a little better than Infiniti's.

Old 12-02-2013, 03:43 PM
Received 468 Likes on 391 Posts
With the X if you had a 6mt you wont spin wheels.once the comp senses the wheel spin it applies brakes to the wheel! The manumatic l think would be better with the osiris reflash.l know in my audi it l put it in sport mode and used the manumatic it was fun to drive.l liked the audi awd system a little better than Infiniti's.
It's not so much the tirespin effect, but the responsiveness. In other words, once you push the stick forward to shift to 2nd gear, my expectations are instant and crisp shifts. A lot of manuamatics tend to "roll" into the next gear with a slight delay.

Hard to explain i guess, but for anyone used to driving a stick, there's no better feeling that a tight-shifting manual trans behind a torquey engine. The torque converter just adds a bit of "mush" that you don't get with a physical clutch connection.

Anyway, to totally not derail the OP's thread, he might be able to pull off a trade as i'm sure there are guys on this board who bought 5AT G35's and really want a 6MT. Stick cars are desireable, and their numbers are not as great as a 5AT car. If the mileage, and option packages are similar, i bet the OP would have no issue pulling off a trade.

However, i think it might be tough to find someone offering a car you like in exchange for yours. Because of that, it might be easier to just sell your car, and then go seek out the 5AT car that you like.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How to trade cars with somebody?